Season Tickets 23/24

13 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

I won't be getting one. Bought one to support Frank when he came in, but the games I've seen have been dreadful and I doubt I'll see many more this season. Wake me up when it starts being fun again.

We will win more games next season than we have for 20 or 30 years.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Having a multi million pound squad to work with probably helped Carrick along somewhat...

It's all relative Rob, surely even you can work that out?.

I'll ask again then, why was it Shez fault in September but you are ridding Unsworth of any responsibility about 20 odd games later with a squad that is largely his. 

Just now, yarddog73 said:

I'll ask again then, why was it Shez fault in September but you are ridding Unsworth of any responsibility about 30 games later with a squad that is largely his. 

To bring in over 50% of your outfield players is very difficult to then get that to bed in. A good team beats a good group of individuals. Luckily we have individuals who are better than the dross near the bottom of the league. The team element will come next season no doubt.

Shez signed all the players he had at the start of the season. He had a pre season with them. He had time to look at players in training/friendlies.

He went all in for Hogan, Gardner and Porter. I'd argue all 3 are flops but certainly 2 are. As latics fans we all suspected Porter and Gardner wouldn't feature and it's been the case. Shez's decisions in the summer will have an impact all season. Gardner and Porter will be a good chunk of the budget meaning we've had Maynard et al embarrassing the club.

Stobbs, Windass, Maynard, Angol, Leutwiler, Gardner and Porter. Thanks John. 

Thinking about renewing for next year but would want to also bring some of the next generation. Atmosphere in the Main Stand is increasingly toxic and the bad language and abuse in front of women and kids getting worse. Does anyone know what it’s like in the family stand? Might have to give up a decent view if renewing.

5 minutes ago, Shrek said:

To bring in over 50% of your outfield players is very difficult to then get that to bed in. A good team beats a good group of individuals. Luckily we have individuals who are better than the dross near the bottom of the league. The team element will come next season no doubt.

Shez signed all the players he had at the start of the season. He had a pre season with them. He had time to look at players in training/friendlies.

He went all in for Hogan, Gardner and Porter. I'd argue all 3 are flops but certainly 2 are. As latics fans we all suspected Porter and Gardner wouldn't feature and it's been the case. Shez's decisions in the summer will have an impact all season. Gardner and Porter will be a good chunk of the budget meaning we've had Maynard et al embarrassing the club.

Stobbs, Windass, Maynard, Angol, Leutwiler, Gardner and Porter. Thanks John. 

Leutwiler was signed by Curle and was under contract

the others I’ll give you (though Stobbs was also Curle but Shez decided to give him an extension)

12 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I'll ask again then, why was it Shez fault in September but you are ridding Unsworth of any responsibility about 20 odd games later with a squad that is largely his. 

A man with 700 games experience recruited a squad ill equipped to deal with the demands of the division.

Unsworth isn't blameless, he's had his bedding in period now which every rookie manager is entitled to have and things will need to improve for him to stay in the job.

16 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Leutwiler was signed by Curle and was under contract

the others I’ll give you (though Stobbs was also Curle but Shez decided to give him an extension)

And it's shezs fault I've seen Threlkeld Maynard and Cooper play in the same side 🤢

14 minutes ago, Laticsenior said:

Thinking about renewing for next year but would want to also bring some of the next generation. Atmosphere in the Main Stand is increasingly toxic and the bad language and abuse in front of women and kids getting worse. Does anyone know what it’s like in the family stand? Might have to give up a decent view if renewing.

There was an extremely embarrassing outburst of vitriol by one of the main stand supporters aimed at Unsworth yesterday. Like yourself I will renew but seriously looking at another part of the ground. What surprised me that there appeared to be no action was taken against the individual. Having said that I do not advocate a return to the previous owners tome in charge in which any voice of dissent got you banned

Just now, another fan said:

There was an extremely embarrassing outburst of vitriol by one of the main stand supporters aimed at Unsworth yesterday. Like yourself I will renew but seriously looking at another part of the ground. What surprised me that there appeared to be no action was taken against the individual. Having said that I do not advocate a return to the previous owners tome in charge in which any voice of dissent got you banned

If it was personal abuse with foul language that person should be told not to come back. No need for it.

23 minutes ago, Laticsenior said:

Whereabouts in the Main Stand? I sit in Blue Block MSU and, apart from some numpty who shouts “Unsworth Resign!” every so often, all you can hear is the clicking of ill-fitting false teeth and replacement hip joints 😳

14 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Whereabouts in the Main Stand? I sit in Blue Block MSU and, apart from some numpty who shouts “Unsworth Resign!” every so often, all you can hear is the clicking of ill-fitting false teeth and replacement hip joints 😳

has the “get it forward” bloke given up?

and the deer stalker hat wearing racist in the paddock who shouted some particularly vile things at Craig Davies when he played for Wolves against us 

35 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

and the deer stalker hat wearing racist in the paddock who shouted some particularly vile things at Craig Davies when he played for Wolves against us 

Trust me he's still there.  I don't know what's more tedious sometimes, the football or listening to him coach the team for 90 minutes!  

37 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

NO unfortunately. I have to suffer that every home game. 

35 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

@Chaddyexile84 no, he is still going strong.

Plenty of others are thinking the same, the moans and groans are audible when we are dropping deep, attempting to pass sideways or back and regularly not closing down.

No place for shouting abuse at the Manager, it achieves nothing.

56 minutes ago, Shrek said:

If it was personal abuse with foul language that person should be told not to come back. No need for it.

It’s pretty much every match and the stewards must be aware of it. Most blokes will at least try and tone it down a bit in front of women and kids.

3 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

The aim from next season on is promotion back to the football league you are right but the expectations should be top 7 because sometimes things don't work out the way you want due to circumstances outside your control.

Look at this season both Wrexham and Notts County are on to get over 100 points each. Only 1 of them can go up automatically 1 of them will have to go through the play offs and play offs can be very cruel. In the play offs thenselves they might have an off day, they might get a bad refereeing decision. Langstaff or Mullen might hobble off injured in the 1st 10 minutes of the 1st leg and then boom they start next season still in the national league having done pretty much everything possible to go up.

I've factored in the fact that our journey back to the football league will involve abit of pain it might involve a couple of rather frustrating failed play off attempts. 

So I think top 7 should be the expectation from next season on anything below is underachievement. The road back to the football league will be at times very tough and won't be sunshine and rainbows it could feel more like an enteched battle at times. But we will get there and when we win promotion whether it's a day out at Wembley or a title parade at Boundary Park it will feel great and it will be a day to remember.

To be honest I pretty much agree with that. I’m not saying I think we should definitely win the league, just that it should be the aim, not 7th place. In all honesty I don’t expect us to go up any time soon, but we should definitely be challenging for the title every season we are in this league.

15 minutes ago, Steve_R said:

To be honest I pretty much agree with that. I’m not saying I think we should definitely win the league, just that it should be the aim, not 7th place. In all honesty I don’t expect us to go up any time soon, but we should definitely be challenging for the title every season we are in this league.

He only needs to avoid relegation this season to keep his job. I think top half next season will be enough for the board. Which is ridiculous given our budget and size in this league. 

It’s a great job at Oldham. 

3 year deal. 

Huge backing.

No real pressure to do anything. 

53 minutes ago, League one forever said:

He only needs to avoid relegation this season to keep his job. I think top half next season will be enough for the board. Which is ridiculous given our budget and size in this league. 

It’s a great job at Oldham. 

3 year deal. 

Huge backing.

No real pressure to do anything. 

What gives you the impression that the board will be happy to finish 12th next season?

Archived