Season Tickets 23/24

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Them accepting survival this on a top 4 budget?

We didn’t start the season with that budget and with those players in place though. Yarney would probably be classed as a key player for us now and only signed a month ago. 

2 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

We didn’t start the season with that budget and with those players in place though. Yarney would probably be classed as a key player for us now and only signed a month ago. 

You'd think this fact might have sunk in by now but apparently not...

Does anyoneelse not buy this notion that Unsworth is unsackable? I just can't see the Rothwells accepting no return on their investment.

We are not used to seeing managers given anytime to try build anything. It's far from a coincidence that none of them have really succeeded. But they are not going to sit by and watch the club drift into mid table next season they will expect some form of a promotion push. 

2 hours ago, Steve_R said:

To be honest I pretty much agree with that. I’m not saying I think we should definitely win the league, just that it should be the aim, not 7th place. In all honesty I don’t expect us to go up any time soon, but we should definitely be challenging for the title every season we are in this league.

Oh absolutely we are better off shooting for the moon and missing rather than aiming at the ground abd hitting.

6 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Does anyoneelse not buy this notion that Unsworth is unsackable? I just can't see the Rothwells accepting no return on their investment.

We are not used to seeing managers given anytime to try build anything. It's far from a coincidence that none of them have really succeeded. But they are not going to sit by and watch the club drift into mid table next season they will expect some form of a promotion push. 

He's had the one sustained run of poor results, there's not a chance he would survive a similar one.

6 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

He's had the one sustained run of poor results, there's not a chance he would survive a similar one.

53 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

You'd think this fact might have sunk in by now but apparently not...

The fact is that budget had us 14th and by your own admission the squad wasn't good enough, we currently sit 16th having haemorrhaged 100's thousands of pounds and we are seemingly worse off.

Which way do you want it Rob if Shez was a dud what's your pal Unsy then?.

1 hour ago, nzlatic said:

What gives you the impression that the board will be happy to finish 12th next season?

3 reasons.

Because he’ll still have a year on his deal, and paying him off won’t be cheap. 

He and the board could spin 12th as incremental progress. 

This season proves he has their total backing, and it would need to be disaster for them to sack him. 

29 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

The fact is that budget had us 14th and by your own admission the squad wasn't good enough, we currently sit 16th having haemorrhaged 100's thousands of pounds and we are seemingly worse off.

I wouldn't really call improving the quality of the playing squad hemorrhaging money, it was a necessity. Progress has been slower than everyone wanted and a lot seemingly expected, it is starting to come though no matter how desperate people seem to trying to frame that it isn't.

8 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

You can’t debate with eyrsey - because he willliterally say the complete opposite in an hour. 

20 minutes ago, League one forever said:

3 reasons.

Because he’ll still have a year on his deal, and paying him off won’t be cheap. 

He and the board could spin 12th as incremental progress. 

This season proves he has their total backing, and it would need to be disaster for them to sack him. 

The premise of those reasons seems to be the main aim of the board is to keep David Unsworth in the job above all other aims. That doesn’t make any sense to me, I just can’t see that being true. 

8 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

The premise of those reasons seems to be the main aim of the board is to keep David Unsworth in the job above all other aims. That doesn’t make any sense to me, I just can’t see that being true. 

I don’t think the whole remit is keep him in the job. But I do think he is given far more grace and understanding than others,  because Joe and Darren run the football side of things, and they love him. As long as he shows incremental progress no matter how small or slow- he’ll be under no pressure. 

Mmmm, awkward one for me this. . Because of distances/ expense incurred that I have to travel to home games, I now only do Saturday home matches in the league.

However, the FA trophy games that have to be played on Saturday, have started to cost me more and more opportunities to see Saturday league games, combined with other teams still being in the competition costing still more missed  games,

even though we have been knocked out. Plus the inevitable postponed games because of unfit pitches.

All of this is making another season ticket look less and less value for money for me.

So, some serious thought will have to go into my decision wether to renew or not.

I don't have the option of getting a season ticket, I wish I did, so I will stick to the less-than-entertaining way of watching on the TV. Heart says support the club, head says boycott Unsworth if this sleep-inducing style of football carries on, if I had the choice. :D 

I'll be buying a my 2nd ever season ticket next year. Primarily to support the Rothwells. I do think next season will be a lot better, and I don't think we need 6 or 7 players in. 3 or 4 with real quality will be enough. 

We defo need a midfielder who can look after the ball as looks like Garner is done for (shame,I've always been a fan).

The quality was dreadful yesterday, but I actually think we are almost looking like a play off side already. In this division you can be shit and make the playoffs.

IMHO fans who are talking about "boycotting" or not renewing next season already probably dont deserve a good football team to watch.

28 minutes ago, trickyrickyholden said:

I'll be buying a my 2nd ever season ticket next year. Primarily to support the Rothwells. I do think next season will be a lot better, and I don't think we need 6 or 7 players in. 3 or 4 with real quality will be enough. 

We defo need a midfielder who can look after the ball as looks like Garner is done for (shame,I've always been a fan).

The quality was dreadful yesterday, but I actually think we are almost looking like a play off side already. In this division you can be shit and make the playoffs.

IMHO fans who are talking about "boycotting" or not renewing next season already probably dont deserve a good football team to watch.

Strong words from a guy who's buying his 2nd ever season ticket.

I love the club but it isn't my life. If I'm not enjoying it I'd rather be doing something more worthwhile with my children instead. 

2 minutes ago, O.A.F.C. said:

Strong words from a guy who's buying his 2nd ever season ticket.

I love the club but it isn't my life. If I'm not enjoying it I'd rather be doing something more worthwhile with my children instead. 

OK fair comment on only the 2nd season ticket. To be honest I'm the same, its not my life, and I can't get to more than half the games due to family time etc (i.dont live in the area anymore).

However if we all want to (finally) see some modicum of success, surely we should stick with the Rothwell-backed revival a little longer.

Archived