Season Tickets 23/24

5 minutes ago, trickyrickyholden said:

OK fair comment on only the 2nd season ticket. To be honest I'm the same, its not my life, and I can't get to more than half the games due to family time etc (i.dont live in the area anymore).

However if we all want to (finally) see some modicum of success, surely we should stick with the Rothwell-backed revival a little longer.

I agree with what you say, but the main factor for me (and I'm presuming a lot of others) is cost, so value for money is important.  

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope they have got season ticket credit sorted out. Getting the required authorisation from the FCA is very much my area and I have offered to help, but if the process hasn't started by now there's not much chance of it being achieved in time.

So we all getting a season ticket next year guys?

And if so where we all sitting I've moved back to the North Stand this year last time I had an ST was in the main stand which has a good elevated view but not much else. I'd like to think that we could probably something about the ques at the kiosks if it's possible it's not a big thing and we have more important things to worry about every little helps.

A lot of drama queens pretending they won't buy one.

If you've had one through the 2000's then it'd be a shame to miss an actual good season. We'll win more than we draw/lose and be in a promotion chase all season. Back Frank and he'll ensure the team has the funds. Last bit of EFL money next season, not quite shit or bust but it's near that point. 

7 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

And if so where we all sitting I've moved back to the North Stand this year last time I had an ST was in the main stand which has a good elevated view but not much else. I'd like to think that we could probably something about the ques at the kiosks if it's possible it's not a big thing and we have more important things to worry about every little helps.

It'll be the family stand here if it stays in the small section of the RRE. They've been threatening to move us to the Chaddy End since the very first week of the season. I believe Darren Royle mentioned to the Trust the other week that fans would be consulted over a change, but I've not had anything yet...

12 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

It'll be the family stand here if it stays in the small section of the RRE. They've been threatening to move us to the Chaddy End since the very first week of the season. I believe Darren Royle mentioned to the Trust the other week that fans would be consulted over a change, but I've not had anything yet...

Be interesting if we decide to do that, the Chaddy end still holds a special place in alot of Latics fans hearts but the atmosphere created by the Athleticos in the central section of the Rocky is far greater to anything we had in the chaddy back in the day.

10 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Be interesting if we decide to do that, the Chaddy end still holds a special place in alot of Latics fans hearts but the atmosphere created by the Athleticos in the central section of the Rocky is far greater to anything we had in the chaddy back in the day.

it also has a load of pillars restricting view, can never understand the love in for the Chaddy

34 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I dispute this wholeheartedly.

5 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

it also has a load of pillars restricting view, can never understand the love in for the Chaddy

Its nostalgia It's got special memories for people. I'm sure we've all cheered a goal in at the chaddy which we remember fondly. I remember when I started going my Dad sat me on a barrier and we watched the game it's that type of thing that got me into Latics.

57 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Yes if it's no more than £270 for an adult season ticket. The cost of living crisis needs to be taken into consideration.  Otherwise imo going to the football is a luxury a lot of people will choose to go without if the price is too high.

33 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

but the atmosphere created by the Athleticos in the central section of the Rocky is far greater to anything we had in the chaddy back in the day.

You are mistaken sir… the Chaddy End for a couple of seasons before, and during and after promotion to the Premier League was loud… I mean LOUD.

4 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

You are mistaken sir… the Chaddy End for a couple of seasons before, and during and after promotion to the Premier League was loud… I mean LOUD.

Nah - the Chaddy has only ever been "loud" when you were sat/stood in it. Its design means it generally holds its sound within. It's a cold, crap dreary stand - but I do have fond memories of it right back to when I was a youth bouncing up and down on the wooden boards with the other youths - and generally being chased off by away fans! 

48 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Nah - the Chaddy has only ever been "loud" when you were sat/stood in it. Its design means it generally holds its sound within. It's a cold, crap dreary stand - but I do have fond memories of it right back to when I was a youth bouncing up and down on the wooden boards with the other youths - and generally being chased off by away fans! 

Fans of away sides have managed to make it sound noisy from the opposite end of the stadium...

1 hour ago, wiseowl said:

Watch the goals in this game and then tell me that the Chaddy End was not loud (LOUD) ' back in the day' - go on I dare ya!

Bit off topic, I know, but interesting piece on Twitter regarding National League records in sight for the top two teams and players this season.

Also pushing the debate about 3 up 3 down with the EFL.

Only one relegated team in last 7 years has gone straight back up. Grimsby finished sixth last term and up via play offs.

Average wait for relegated team to return is over 4 years.

Those who foolishly call this a binman league are way off the mark. There is little between this and League 2 and, as Pete Wild recently noted, there are some tough sides apart from the obvious top 3/4.

3 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Its nostalgia It's got special memories for people. I'm sure we've all cheered a goal in at the chaddy which we remember fondly. I remember when I started going my Dad sat me on a barrier and we watched the game it's that type of thing that got into Latics.

yeah I get that but let’s face it it’s a shed, I did sit there in the Moore years and a few seasons afterward

as a kid I knelt on the bar by the advertising boards in the Rochdale Road End paddock - I wouldn’t want to do so now 

1 hour ago, Boyyou said:

Bit off topic, I know, but interesting piece on Twitter regarding National League records in sight for the top two teams and players this season.

Also pushing the debate about 3 up 3 down with the EFL.

Only one relegated team in last 7 years has gone straight back up. Grimsby finished sixth last term and up via play offs.

Average wait for relegated team to return is over 4 years.

Those who foolishly call this a binman league are way off the mark. There is little between this and League 2 and, as Pete Wild recently noted, there are some tough sides apart from the obvious top 3/4.

Wrexham going up would be the worst thing that could happen when it comes to changing to 3 up/3 down. Once the hollywoods stop applying pressure it’ll be easier for them all to just vote for the status quo. 

5 hours ago, O.A.F.C. said:

Yes if it's no more than £270 for an adult season ticket. The cost of living crisis needs to be taken into consideration.  Otherwise imo going to the football is a luxury a lot of people will choose to go without if the price is too high.

What if it's £280?

6 hours ago, O.A.F.C. said:

The strength of squad and standard of football is in general mainly dependent on the financial support of its fan base.

If we want a successful football club we have to play our part.

A £300 season ticket equates to a weekly match day cost of £13.04p. Over the course of what is usually a 36 week season that works out at £8.33 per week which is equivalent to about 2 pints of beer or a packet of cheap fags!

We are experiencing hard times and obviously you will have to prioritise what you spend your hard earned on but I suggest £300 per season is not an unreasonable price to pay!

Archived