Fans forum.

20 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

Roughyeds supporters expecting a return to BP will be part of the announcement.

https://www.totalrl.com/forums/index.php?/topic/377675-big-announcement/

That user on there called 'herbie' sounds just like someone we have on here! :D  I'm not adverse to this joining together if a multi-sport-compliant new pitch and the required maintenance is paid for by the council or a collaboration between all parties involved. A new sports hub with facilities could be good for the town in the long run.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Wardie said:

That user on there called 'herbie' sounds just like someone we have on here! :D  I'm not adverse to this joining together if a multi-sport-compliant new pitch and the required maintenance is paid for by the council or a collaboration between all parties involved. A new sports hub with facilities could be good for the town in the long run.

That name "Herbie" reminds  me of a fellow Chaddy Ender sadly no longer with us

20 hours ago, Flemboy said:

That name "Herbie" reminds  me of a fellow Chaddy Ender sadly no longer with us

29 minutes ago, Steve_R said:

Is that recent? I’ve seen him a few times this season

Lad that used to live in Werneth? Bit of a hoolie in the early days? Sound lad though. Same person?

12 minutes ago, Flemboy said:

Must be my mistake Steve but I'm sure I read it in a book by Carl Spiers.Glad about that.

It must be Heapy like Wiseowl says. Good lad but had a few problems. 
Herbie’s still going strong as far as I know.

On 3/13/2023 at 5:32 PM, GlossopLatic said:

You would think this is strategically planned announcing a fans forum just after the "major announcement" is due to be done. Hopefully it's good news for everyone.

Oldham’s half marathon is back in October!!!!

Thats the mind blowing news we’ve all been waiting for…😳😳

49 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

TBF….that could have been announced at anytime, it certainly didn’t warrant a fucking drum roll!!

It's a big deal for Oldham Council and OCL. I'm not sure why anyone thought it would be a Latics related announcement. Wouldn't those announcements come via the club's media channels...?

1 minute ago, Boyyou said:

We will have a good pitch to play on instead of what has become a cabbage patch due to  lack of investment over recent years.

Yes just seen this……ignore my comment! Its good to see some investment and hopefully the pitch will stand up to the test

4 minutes ago, OAFC_ULTRA said:

Yes just seen this……ignore my comment! Its good to see some investment and hopefully the pitch will stand up to the test

Hopefully it will be a  top notch one, such as GrassMaster, which is used by all the top clubs in Europe and the Premier League.  Done properly these hybrid pitches are really resilient.

Archived