Fans forum.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Careca9 said:

Pitch should be a good move. Prob the club with the biggest need for artificial support with the local weather. Also would like under soil heating but doubt that will ever happen again at BP 

FIFY.

4 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Looking into the distant future wouldn’t it be fantastic for the town to have Latics in the Championship & ORLFC in super league?

Distant? I think we will need the Hubble Telescope for that one! :D 

3 hours ago, Careca9 said:

Pitch should be a good move. Prob the club with the biggest need for artificial support with the local weather. Also would like under soil heating but doubt that will ever happen at BP 

Doesn't undersoil heating damage the grass?

51 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

The rumour mill amongst some Roughyeds people is that Oldham Athletic and Oldham Roughyeds might soon be owned by the same people...

... Chris Hamilton couldn't afford to buy Latics!

🙃

2 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Less money for Latics...👀

Don't think that will be the case at all. I should think if the rugby club is to be invested in, that budget will be outside of the pre-determined budget for Latics. 

1 hour ago, Wardie said:

Don't think that will be the case at all. I should think if the rugby club is to be invested in, that budget will be outside of the pre-determined budget for Latics. 

That may well be the case and that's fine if both clubs generate enough of their own money to not need the Rothwells to dip into their personal pot but I doubt that. 

Short vs. Long term thinking, tho - it may be less for Latics for the short term, but if you can change the culture of the town towards sport then mid/long term you potentially improve everything more sustainably and both clubs will benefit. 

Maybe someone attending the forum could ask our Dave if he watched Southampton v Tottenham last weekend ?

Spurs 3 - 1 after throwing men forward, reverted to a 4-5-1 and conceded 2 goals by sitting back and allowing Southampton to attack at will. It doesn't work for Tottenham and it doesn't work for Latics Dave.

9 minutes ago, redlion said:

Maybe someone attending the forum could ask our Dave if he watched Southampton v Tottenham last weekend ?

Spurs 3 - 1 after throwing men forward, reverted to a 4-5-1 and conceded 2 goals by sitting back and allowing Southampton to attack at will. It doesn't work for Tottenham and it doesn't work for Latics Dave.

It's an interesting comparison.  There's a good analysis in The Times today pointing out that the culture of failure permeates the whole club.  They might be failing at a higher level than us but same principle

On 3/17/2023 at 9:16 AM, Gaz_Oafc said:

I don't really follow the rugby, but one of the lads at work who does, said last week that he'd heard the Rothwells we're contemplating taking it over.

I've no idea if there's any truth in it.

i must admit hd did not name the interested party. so who knows

Archived