Fans forum.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, Boyyou said:

Hopefully it will be a  top notch one, such as GrassMaster, which is used by all the top clubs in Europe and the Premier League.  Done properly these hybrid pitches are really resilient.

I only know of three football clubs that share a pitch with a rugby club:

Wigan, Coventry and Brentford.

Also, there’s the AJ Bell stadium where two rugby clubs, Salford and Sale, share the ground.

it would be worth a visit to a couple of those to see how they are holding up.

Just now, TheBigDog said:

Also, there’s the AJ Bell stadium where two rugby clubs, Salford and Sale, share the ground.

York have a hybrid pitch which has had the football, summer rugby, and rugby league World Cup games played on it in October. It looked superb at the start of the football season, and still looks good after Tuesday’s game.

15 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Look closer to home - Rochdale? Their on-going pitch problems at Spotland have been well documented!

26 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Huddersfield and Hull too off top of my head.

I think from all the teams mentioned the pitches are holding up alright?

Keeping in mind all these clubs seem to be relatively successful over time at different points.

Key being, obviously, that this is a decent "make" of pitch being laid and that it the holds up.

6 minutes ago, Oafc88 said:

Huddersfield and Hull too off top of my head.

I think from all the teams mentioned the pitches are holding up alright?

Keeping in mind all these clubs seem to be relatively successful over time at different points.

Key being, obviously, that this is a decent "make" of pitch being laid and that it the holds up.

Doncaster ? 

39 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

These modern pitches all hold up ok if investment is maintained. Hopefully between the council and the club this will be the case.

Hopefully, whoever puts the pitch in will provide suitable training for our groundstaff. By all accounts these hybrid pitches need special maintenance. If done properly the pitch should stay in good shape despite heavier usage.

"According to Latics owner Frank Rothwell, the pitch will be a hybrid pitch, meaning it will be partly plastic and partly grass."

"Rothwell said the surface will be durable and can therefore be used for other sports."

Will we be able to use a hybrid pitch 'when' we are promoted back to League 2?

www.theoldhamtimes.co.uk

The existing pitch is hybrid but is more than 20 years old and hasn't always had proper maintenance. The new generation hybrid pitches are much better but, once again, it is all about looking after them.

36 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

"According to Latics owner Frank Rothwell, the pitch will be a hybrid pitch, meaning it will be partly plastic and partly grass."

"Rothwell said the surface will be durable and can therefore be used for other sports."

Will we be able to use a hybrid pitch 'when' we are promoted back to League 2?

www.theoldhamtimes.co.uk

I think majority of Premier League teams have these pitches so will be fine.

Looking forward to more community engagement and more employment at the club for more teams.

In the 80/90s when we last had a plastic pitch it was great fun to play on BP, although it was a bugger to slide tackle on . Having played and refereed on it at the time it gave an insight into the experience of playing at a proper stadium.

Good on the Council and club partnering in this.

Wouldn't have happened if the new owners hadn't bought the ground, so again great result.

9 hours ago, ShireBlue said:

Council investing £1m into a hybrid pitch and Yeds moving in for next season. Fantastic news.

EFL reform has recommend non-league clubs allowing these pitches to help generate cash.

and to keep them for x seasons when promoted to EFL too.

there is a seperate report on the boroughs pitches. Majority are below standard. this includes chapel zrd, Futsal and Clayton. There was funding made available to council to improve this across the borough

I am well pleased that the StadiumParc32 think tank stuff is being taken on board and started to take shape.

tag on a community hub for OACT/NHS to address Oldham's in-equalties and bolt on Education too and its almost 100% the vision we sent to Darren Royle before the Rothwells purchased the club, and floated with the community Trust team too 

great stuff...a complex that potentially be "more than"..sport for the town and communities 

4 minutes ago, underdog said:

EFL reform has recommend non-league clubs allowing these pitches to help generate cash.

and to keep them for x seasons when promoted to EFL too.

The hybrid pitches aren’t the same as the 4G pitches clubs like Sutton had to dig up. They’re a plastic base with real grass growing on it (10% synthetic, 90% grass). They’re common in the Premier League and some in Championship.

1 minute ago, ShireBlue said:

The hybrid pitches aren’t the same as the 4G pitches clubs like Sutton had to dig up. They’re a plastic base with real grass growing on it (10% synthetic, 90% grass). They’re common in the Premier League and some in Championship.

thanks Shire, hoping we can find a model /surface that can suit both

42 minutes ago, underdog said:

OASF director has tweeted he has heard Rugby club is being taken over.

lots of stuff coming together.

exciting times

I don't really follow the rugby, but one of the lads at work who does, said last week that he'd heard the Rothwells we're contemplating taking it over.

I've no idea if there's any truth in it.

Archived