Retained list

We have already seen during the course of this season, indications that unless the owner/management think you are the right sort of person to play for this club, then offers will be withdrawn. I suspect that if offers are put to a player, and he shows any sign of indicating a wish to await to see if something better comes along, then said off will be withdrawn.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, parigby said:

We have already seen during the course of this season, indications that unless the owner/management think you are the right sort of person to play for this club, then offers will be withdrawn. I suspect that if offers are put to a player, and he shows any sign of indicating a wish to await to see if something better comes along, then said off will be withdrawn.

sounds very Frank and completely plausible

7 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

I wouldn’t worry, Yarney is the only one in the squad I would particularly care about losing. The rest of them are easily replaced. 

Green had a great impact in terms of points won, l think there actually might be a gem there. but yeah Joes the priority, l hope theyre gettin pressure in the wtsp group. or if theyre single l hope they are on holiday with a few of our lads.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2023 at 5:11 AM, LightDN123 said:

I wouldn’t worry, Yarney is the only one in the squad I would particularly care about losing. The rest of them are easily replaced. 

Joe Yarney:

The current situation with Yarney is as follows:

In January of 2023 Yarney signed a contract with Oldham FC until the end of the 2023 season with a pre contract agreement (subject to contract) for a one year extension for the 2023/24 season.

During this time, the performances of the team improved so much that their stats were rated third highest behind the two promoted clubs. Yarney made a significant contribution to the team and was voted the fans player of the year.

At the end of the playing season, Yarney was asked to speak to the CEO of the club regarding the renewal of his contract. The result was, the club could not offer anything else and the one year deal was best they could offer. 

I heard Yarney wanted to stay at the club and asked for a two year deal particularly due to his performances, commitment and being a fans favourite. In that time, if another club showed interest in him, Oldham could charge a fee which would benefit the club. However, the Manager said "NO". As a consequence, the club have immediately terminated Yarney's contract due to not signing the one year offer and will not honour the two remaining months of his contract.

18 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Seems a bit far fetched to me too !  🤪

It’s the bit about the club not honouring the last two months of his contract that sounds bs. They have to unless the player is culpable of a dismissible action. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

It’s the bit about the club not honouring the last two months of his contract that sounds bs. They have to unless the player is culpable of a dismissible action. 

I’d say the whole lot sounds bs. It’s not like we’ve been shy of offering multi year deals to players we want. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aardvark said:

Joe Yarney:

In January of 2023 Yarney signed a contract with Oldham FC until the end of the 2023 season with a pre contract agreement (subject to contract) for a one year extension for the 2023/24 season.

During this time, the performances of the team improved so much that their stats were rated third highest behind the two promoted clubs. Yarney made a significant contribution to the team and was voted the fans player of the year.

At the end of the playing season, Yarney was asked to speak to the CEO of the club regarding the renewal of his contract. The result was, the club could not offer anything else and the one year deal was best they could offer. 

I heard Yarney wanted to stay at the club and asked for a two year deal particularly due to his performances, commitment and being a fans favourite. In that time, if another club showed interest in him, Oldham could charge a fee which would benefit the club. However, the Manager said "NO". As a consequence, the club have immediately terminated Yarney's contract due to not signing the one year offer and will not honour the two remaining months of his contract.

Absolute garbage of a post.

• Like 5

We're not talking about the previous tinpot regime here. We're talking about new owners/directors who have made a point of doing the right thing.

I am very confident that, even if we can't reach agreement with Yarney,  the matter will be dealt with professionally  and amicably.

The days of churlish behaviour are, thankfully, a thing of the past.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Boyyou said:

We're not talking about the previous tinpot regime here. We're talking about new owners/directors who have made a point of doing the right thing.

I am very confident that, even if we can't reach agreement with Yarney,  the matter will be dealt with professionally  and amicably.

The days of churlish behaviour are, thankfully, a thing of the past.

100%. ld be suprised if he uses this new username again.
it just sounds like the pot bein racist about the kettle.

18 hours ago, Aardvark said:

Joe Yarney:

Cheers Bazza, next. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Cheers Bazza, next. 

not enough spellin mistskes and no use of the word fudicary so its not he who shall not go to the games.

reads too well for Birkett and l think he got off when the rats did anyway, so it must be PeteG.

nobody else is stupid enough.

On 5/19/2023 at 12:16 PM, Aardvark said:

Joe Yarney:

You’re trying to hard. 

Speak to eyrsey for the one line wind up. 

You get in and get out. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

making a mistake on the word mistake is only bc in my industry it is called a miss-take so that's why that happened. 

not bc of any ingrown retardation or anything. promise.

I was once in a horse racing syndicate.

Our nag was called Miss Print. 🙂

Joe Yarney:

Come on now, Barry/Pete G. The season's over, take a break. Preferably a very long one.

• Like 1

Joe Yarney:

Well done...on spouting a load of bollocks with your first [and hopefully last] post.

• Like 1