Summer 2023 Player Signing News & Rumours

48 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

It's not your money is it, so if Frank wants to spend some cash on a right back which the management team think will improve us then it's fine with me whoever it is.

If then he wants to spend on a centre back that's also fine.

I wish some fans would stop taking like it's their money....

Totally agree, Shrek sounds like shitpeas to me.

• Like 1

Are we doing that thing where we assume decisions being made are bad again? We're so conditioned to bad practice by owners over the decades, that we still see it everywhere as a fan base even under the Rothwells.

It's probably the case that paying a fee for a right back doesn't mean we will have to sacrifice important signings in other positions. Its probably all factored into a general recruitment strategy.

2 hours ago, Londonboy said:

It's not your money is it, so if Frank wants to spend some cash on a right back which the management team think will improve us then it's fine with me whoever it is.

What a pathetic take.

There will be a limit to what we can spend.

I'd rather we spent it on some star dust as we have plenty of good lads who'll graft. Light on that star or two to turn a game from what I've seen so far.

2 hours ago, Shrek said:

What a pathetic take.

There will be a limit to what we can spend.

I'd rather we spent it on some star dust as we have plenty of good lads who'll graft. Light on that star or two to turn a game from what I've seen so far.

So trust that they spend whatever their limit is on whoever they see fit

2 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

So trust that they spend whatever their limit is on whoever they see fit

Abdallah spent his money on whoever he say fit. All owners and boards do.

No reason why fans can't say things are mistakes. We've made some last season. Doesn't mean I don't think those running things aren't competent. 

17 hours ago, Londonboy said:

Whether you agree with him or not he’s entitled to his opinion. We all contribute financially to the club (obviously not on Frank’s scale!) but if if he thinks we’re better spending money elsewhere then what’s wrong with him saying that?

Edited by Steve_R
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Hemel latic said:

Is it right that two of the U18 lads (Atkinson and Okeke I think) haven't accepted the deals they were offered? Will we get fees if they rock up elsewhere?

Someone posted that Preston are throwing money at Atkinson to get his signature.

Think we would be entitled to some compensation according to European Courts ruling ( not sure if we still are governed by this or if Boris has cocked this one up as well ! ).

Football clubs to be compensated for losing young players – EURACTIV.com

Link may not work !!!  🦕

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Monty Burns said:

if he's been in the USA then don't forget theres a time difference of about 75 years

Much like the backwater where I live.

Which, if you calculate using Algebra and denominators makes me six years old. This is validated by my general behaviour.

• Like 1

monday then..?

monday morning gym goers long distance phone photography incoming for the twitter thems

if l havent just made up 26th as first day back for pre season then that is a single digit number of days away.

which means nowt really but kinda does.