Summer 2023 Player Signing News & Rumours

7 hours ago, Wardie said:

Hopefully the scan comes back with the news we all want, which is at least better than the broken leg as reported on the ever-reliable Twatter.

If the clinical staff thought he had broken his leg him waiting for a scan until today is negligent.

He clearly hasn’t broken his leg, so whoever thought that rumour up is probably a wrong un.

Think a few have said that he's merely training and likely going to play in Ireland so don't think he will sign, soon know if he's in the reckoning if he's a trialist against Mansfield I guess.

Brennan Dickinson who broke his ACL, last played for Carlisle and played mostly at Gillingham and Colchester also linked on Twitter by some guy who said his mate's mum works in Travelodge and he got booked in there. Played as a left back but now as a left winger. Not sure on the validity but it is a rumour thread.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, samgoafc said:

Think a few have said that he's merely training and likely going to play in Ireland so don't think he will sign, soon know if he's in the reckoning if he's a trialist against Mansfield I guess.

Brennan Dickinson who broke his ACL, last played for Carlisle and played mostly at Gillingham and Colchester also linked on Twitter by some guy who said his mate's mum works in Travelodge and he got booked in there. Played as a left back but now as a left winger. Not sure on the validity but it is a rumour thread.

Dickinson played wide left/right on the bibs team training match today. Another wide player called "Bez" as well - don't know who he could be.

Could be Lubala ex Blackpool, Crawley.

Edited by mick26
Googled Bez
  • Like 1

You can see why they'd be having a good look at these guys rather than snapping them up. Will be interesting to see if any feature on Saturday. If I'm honest I'm surprised we haven't signed a RB, but I'm taking that as we're waiting to sign the right player rather than rushing in, particularly given we have options for this position in the existing squad. 

Edited by Hemel latic
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hemel latic said:

You can see why they'd be having a good look at these guys rather than snapping them up. Will be interesting to see if any feature on Saturday. If I'm honest I'm surprised we haven't signed a RB, but I'm taking that as we're waiting to sign the right player rather than rushing in, particularly given we have options for this position in the existing squad. 

But we don’t have options at right back ? Our only option is to play one of Sutton or Hobson both which are centre backs. It’s needs sorting before the first game of the season. 

1 minute ago, LightDN123 said:

But we don’t have options at right back ? Our only option is to play one of Sutton or Hobson both which are centre backs. It’s needs sorting before the first game of the season. 

I know it's not ideal but they are options. Sutton was pretty adept in the position from a defensive perspective after playing a number of games there. I'm not sure he's played there but I've heard Shelton played FB at Hartlepools.

So, based on what we've got and a 46 game season I'm happy they're spending the time to recruit the right player rather than any old cast off.

You never know, perhaps McLaughlin will trial tomorrow?