Summer 2023 Player Signing News & Rumours

5 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Surely the best keeper in the league would be wanted by bigger teams than the Dorking Warriors?

He wouldn't have been flapping about like Hudson was under the high ball yesterday and he can kick a ball. I suspect he'll be off in January and probably be EFL bound. I know Dorking would suit though given he's from that area.

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

He wouldn't have been flapping about like Hudson was under the high ball yesterday and he can kick a ball. I suspect he'll be off in January and probably be EFL bound. I know Dorking would suit though given he's from that area.

But what if he’d let the usual one in from 25 yards….I keep repeating myself but FFS the goal keeper’s are not the issue!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

But what if he’d let the usual one in from 25 yards….I keep repeating myself but FFS the goal keeper’s are not the issue!!

Generally they do come under scrutiny when your teams letting in more than two a game despite playing seven at the back. How do we know Norman wouldn't improve us?, like a couple of others Hudson appears under zero pressure to perform at the minute.

We’ve had some horrendous keepers in recent years but IMO there’s nothing wrong with both of ours for this level…Hudson has kept us in games recently with a few worldies, he’s been praised for his performances by MM on several occasions and I think he should know a good one when he sees one… our reserve keeper is also decent and has attracted interest from another club.

We have major problems all over the pitch but the goalkeeping situation is not one of them!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

We’ve had some horrendous keepers in recent years but IMO there’s nothing wrong with both of ours for this level…Hudson has kept us in games recently with a few worldies, he’s been praised for his performances by MM on several occasions and I think he should know a good one when he sees one… our reserve keeper is also decent and has attracted interest from another club.

We have major problems all over the pitch but the goalkeeping situation is not one of them!!

This. I mean look at Gateshead, their GK has thrown 2 in against us, one literally, and then been culpable for another. But judging from his performance in the playoffs last season was a very good signing. So even if we do sign another GK there’s no guarantee they’d be better than Norman or Hudson. 

Fix the problem areas and then consider another GK, but by the time we have fixed the problem areas at least one of the GK’s contracts will have run out, so we don’t have to offload them after.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

Doesn't look like is one-month loan will be extended!

I wouldn't rule out an offer being tabled for him, with the EFL transfer window due to open. I've no intel on this but Wigan need the cash and will probably want to sign an experienced striker in Januaryt to lead their relegation fight.

A player like him would clearly be an asset for us. A continuation of the form and we could be looking at selling for a considerable fee a couple of seasons down the line. As a club, I'l be surprised that this hasn't been considered already. It'd be a good investment.

1 minute ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

I wouldn't rule out an offer being tabled for him, with the EFL transfer window due to open. I've no intel on this but Wigan need the cash and will probably want to sign an experienced striker in Januaryt to lead their relegation fight.

A player like him would clearly be an asset for us. A continuation of the form and we could be looking at selling for a considerable fee a couple of seasons down the line. As a club, I'l be surprised that this hasn't been considered already. It'd be a good investment.

can not find any fault in this and hopefully we at least got a figure off them..

4 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

The problem with any investment in Stones might be his knees. If he only trains once a week not sure how he would pass a medical, insurance might be an issue and therefore it might not be a great investment long term. However, I know nothing about his condition and whether it's a long term issue or not but didn't sound great according to MM

5 minutes ago, PeteG said:

The problem with any investment in Stones might be his knees. If he only trains once a week not sure how he would pass a medical, insurance might be an issue and therefore it might not be a great investment long term. However, I know nothing about his condition and whether it's a long term issue or not but didn't sound great according to MM

As you've said, we don't have the facts or the back history on his issue. On the face of it, he should be the type of player we invest in as assets and start drawing some serious transfer fees down the line. We're going to need a bigger budget once we get out of here and push towards League One, and this should come from chunky transfer fees.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PeteG said:

I had the same knee problem he has, came on when I grew a foot in a year. I can honestly say it has had no impact at all on my professional football career.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, PeteG said:

me- normal people are gettin suckered into behaving negative bazza twats.

negative bazza twats online lapdog-