Summer 2023 Player Signing News & Rumours

Not sure if Madine would count as a statement of intent given his age and lack of action over the last 10 months. Has played at a higher level obviously but not a great scoring record. Would be an interesting one if true.

I normally just lurk on here and rarely post. But felt compelled to log in just to say that for the love of god I hope we don't sign Gary Madine after all the names that have been mentioned. Bitterly disappointed doesn't even come close. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JTM said:

I normally just lurk on here and rarely post. But felt compelled to log in just to say that for the love of god I hope we don't sign Gary Madine after all the names that have been mentioned. Bitterly disappointed doesn't even come close. 

He’s definitely not going to be the one that makes people stand up but if it was a direct replacement for Fondop I would accept it, but not as our standout signing. 

Edited by adamoafc

3 minutes ago, JTM said:

Same

I actively do not want us to sign a 33 year old striker that barely scores. Not saying Fondop is better, but I'd rather just not sign Madine in any capacity whatsoever. We need energy to partner Norwood up front, Stones made that abundantly clear for all to see, that kind of striker is one of our missing puzzle pieces. A role Dallas could fill

3 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I’m no tech expert, but I wonder if the club make any money from socials and click rate- hence they keep us waiting? (Good on them if they do, just wondered) 

I reckon all these players are vampires that's why they don't sign till it goes dark.

8 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

The delay in signing is likely to just keep Barnet guessing more than anything ? 

Signings are usually announced around 5-6pm aren’t they? 

I always thought it was due to website traffic likely being the highest then (people finishing work etc) + enough time to add follow up interviews/clips etc during the evening

I’m not sure that Fondop needs replacing (assuming he is a sub most weeks that is rather than starting) at this level he does a great job, especially off the bench.

Norwood and Stones v2 upfront with Mikey coming off the bench is a promotion winning forward line in the NL

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

I’m not sure that Fondop needs replacing (assuming he is a sub most weeks that is rather than starting) at this level he does a great job, especially off the bench.

Norwood and Stones v2 upfront with Mikey coming off the bench is a promotion winning forward line in the NL

Stones is not coming back though he's out for 3 months. By which time Wigan might want him in their side.

I'd be abit concerned by Madine he comes with alot of Baggage and to be quite frank we've had too many of those in recent years. If we go for a forward someone younger and more mobile would be my preference Fondop cam play the role of bruiser Norwood the goal poacher I think we need someone who is a willing runner who will work the channels.

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, aaronoafc said:

Signings are usually announced around 5-6pm aren’t they? 

I always thought it was due to website traffic likely being the highest then (people finishing work etc) + enough time to add follow up interviews/clips etc during the evening

Hoping it's not...

'Despite all our efforts we were unable to get this one over the line'.

22 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Stones is not coming back though he's out for 3 months. By which time Wigan might want him in their side.

I'd be abit concerned by Madine he comes with alot of Baggage and to be quite frank we've had too many of those in recent years. If we go for a forward someone younger and more mobile would be my preference Fondop cam play the role of bruiser Norwood the goal poacher I think we need someone who is a willing runner who will work the channels.

Agreed, re Madine. 93 goals in 444 league games according to Wikipedia, so hardly prolific. Convicted twice for assault, and jailed the second time. All in all I'm struggling to get excited about him.

I've seen first hand that he likes a drink, bit of a 'character' i.e. not the nicest of blokes and a chequered past.

33yo on the back of an injury with no club.

Can't imagine he'd be coming here for the right reasons but would be happy to be proved wrong.

27 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I know, I didn’t mean actual Stones I meant a Stones type player paired with Norwood and then Fondop as the impact sub

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Some Blackpool fans genuinely want Madine back. 

Not all about his goals, very physical and defenders in league 1 struggled to deal with him.

Yep. He would actually give us what people think Fondop offers us (but very rarely actually does).

Wouldn't turn my nose up at him at all

5 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Some Blackpool fans genuinely want Madine back. 

Not all about his goals, very physical and defenders in league 1 struggled to deal with him.

Sounds like the ordinary man on the street struggled to deal with him. 

• Like 2