Summer 2023 Player Signing News & Rumours

11 hours ago, Wardie said:

When I think back to the summer business undertaken by Unsworth and the whiff of excitement his spiel gave us regarding unparalleled training and the 'apparent' quality of the signings, I can fully understand any caution in getting too enthusiastic with the latest batch of recruits. Of the ones brought in, only Dallas is known to me but I have much more faith in Mellon than I ever had in big Dave.

Tomorrow should be interesting in the line up and formation we put out against Barnet. Norwood and Dallas up front should be enough to put the frighteners on any non-league defence. 

Their is always a risk that things won't work out with one or 2 signings and it might happen here. But we can believe. We've added that 3-4 players to a side that has been showing top 7 form now for over a year.

We are in unchartered territory here when it comes to getting to this time of the year and be looking forward to the second half of the season. Usually we hit January and are just looking forward to a boost to our survival hopes at this or possibly enjoying the afterglow of getting to the 3rd round of the FA cup and causing an upset but this is different we have an Oldham Athletic side with a genuine chance of promotion.

we also now have a manager with more experience than any other manager in the top 7 of getting teams promoted. We also have players such as Hogan Raglan Conlon and Norwood who know what winning promotion is about as they have done it in their careers, this experience could be crucial in the run in.

It might not end in success we might stumble a couple of time, but strap in and enjoy the ride because I think we will have an exciting 2nd half of the season as promotion is very much on......

....Has anyone else got the Dallas theme tune running round on their head at the moment?

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 7

11 minutes ago, Fervid said:

Shelton on his way to Halifax 

Sometimes it just doesn't work out (more often than not in our case). He came with glowing references from Hartlepool fans but we just haven't seen it.

Not gonna slag him off cos I thought Ben Garrity was absolutely dog shit and he's done great since he left us.

Fair fucks if he's actually willing to go out and play football unlike some of the others.

• Like 18

Just now, hollandspies said:

We are led to believe that another signing will be made later this week.

To second guess the gaffer, which position/s is MM looking at next to strengthen us further?  

Another ball player in the centre of the park for me.

11 minutes ago, hollandspies said:

We are led to believe that another signing will be made later this week.

To second guess the gaffer, which position/s is MM looking at next to strengthen us further?  

4 hours ago, OneSizeFitz said:

Let's hope he recreates his Solihull form and not his Kilmarnock form... 

A Killie fan told me he had an injury while there, but even so an handy player.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Anti climax when McGahey starts and all the new signings are on the bench.

I'd play all the new signings though.

I think three of the five will start. Five is a lot to expect to gel all at once.

Sachdev, Conlon and Dallas with Walker and Hammond on the bench would be my guess. 3-5-2 with Conlon, Sheron and Lundstram in midfield.

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, AlanGrovesFanClub said:

MM has said that he’d like to play a midfield 2 once he has a pair that works, and he’s said that he wants more in wide areas. Would be lovely to see 2 wingers in there, like the old days of Holden and Adams! 

Or even Groves and McVitie?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlanGrovesFanClub said:

Too early for me to have seen, but Whitaker’s scoring ratio for a winger was superb. 

Johny Colquhoun and Colin Whitaker were an excellent wing pairing in the 1960s. 

Edited by BP1960
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Johny Colquhoun and Colin Whitaker were an excellent wing pairing in the 1960s. 

Although they both played left side so not the right/left partnership as others were.

C joined as left winger but with the arrival of W switched mainly to an inside left role. 

8 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

Anyway. Who's coming in later this week then?

I’d like to see cover for Kitch, unless Dickinson is that cover.

Otherwise, I think we should have enough unless the signing is of serious quality.

With Walker, Dallas, Green and Hope all able to play on the wing, I’m not sure what Kanu will bring us. We are settled on the wing back formation.

Hopefully Conlon and Hammond are able to sort the clear midfield issue.

Just typing this message and thinking about it, highlight the bloated squad and how unbalanced it is. Though the last part is getting better.