MATCH: vs Southend (A) 05/08/23

36 minutes ago, St92 said:

Have you heard anything about repairs to fox holes etc on the pitch? Hoping a Southend fan might have more information than most of us

theyre a piece of piss to sort with this much time with sand, soil, a whacker and spraypaint don't worry about it, they can even take turf from the edges.

its on.

its like the olde days we all pine for. theres a match in a few days and you can go if youre free. you can simple rock up or if you want you can even buy online.

of course some mad thing MAY happen, but you MAY die before it even happens so fuckit lets goooo.

ps good luck Southend apart from vs us lve seen us play you loads and youre kinda like us really. except weve done more and we will show you on sat we arent as tinpot as you previously assumed..

Edited by Monty Burns
missed the E off olde. l'm a traditionalist.

20 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

theyre a piece of piss to sort with this much time with sand, soil, a whacker and spraypaint don't worry about it, they can even take turf from the edges.

its on.

its like the old days we all pine for. theres a match in a few days and you can go if youre free. you can simple rock up or if you want you can even buy online.

of course some mad thing MAY happen, but you MAY die before it even happens so fuckit lets goooo.

ps good luck Southend apart from vs us lve seen us play you loads and youre kinda like us really. except weve done more and we will show you on sat we arent as tinpot as you previously assumed..

The wildlife preservation people will be on this...not letting foxes roam on their favourite habitat.😣

Hope there's not a foxes protest with a sit in Saturday.

Edited by BP1960

7 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

The wildlife preservation people will be on this...not letting foxes roam on their favourite habitat.😣

they'll be classed as a pest l reckon.

lve got stables near me so they hate them round here, but l secretly feed the foxes my leftover bones or trimmed fat etc. lve been doin it four years and recently my Dad who is an outdoor type saw the main female with four large cubs and was amazed at their coats and general great appearance. l was rather proud.

also whenever l talk to the horses (like if theyre stood backwards near a style or somewhere l need to actually go) they are always nice to me and calm so l cant be doin them any harm by being fox friendly.

l get the encourage rats argument but lve worked out the fox timings and only put stuff out when they are nearby so lve covered that too. thats how l showed my Dad how well they looked by tellin him the time and holding on to a couple of lamb bones slightly longer than l liked doing!

we really need a spam emoji don't we.

12 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

they'll be classed as a pest l reckon.

lve got stables near me so they hate them round here, but l secretly feed the foxes my leftover bones or trimmed fat etc. lve been doin it four years and recently my Dad who is an outdoor type saw the main female with four large cubs and was amazed at their coats and general great appearance. l was rather proud.

also whenever l talk to the horses (like if theyre stood backwards near a style or somewhere l need to actually go) they are always nice to me and calm so l cant be doin them any harm by being fox friendly.

l get the encourage rats argument but lve worked out the fox timings and only put stuff out when they are nearby so lve covered that too. thats how l showed my Dad how well they looked by tellin him the time and holding on to a couple of lamb bones slightly longer than l liked doing!

we really need a spam emoji don't we.

Is Spam good for them? It's certainly detrimental to us, but it tastes good. 

47 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

I don't reckon we're in any position to call anyone tinpot. We actually have you down as one of the front runners in the NL this season.

Edited by Rootshallbloke

Looks like around 450 sold this morning so far. They’ve opened up the 2nd block now. Decent effort. Hoping we can top a thousand, but 800-1000 would be a good effort. Hopefully it’s POTD, which may add a few more. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, daniel said:

Looks like around 450 sold this morning so far. They’ve opened up the 2nd block now. Decent effort. Hoping we can top a thousand, but 800-1000 would be a good effort. Hopefully it’s POTD, which may add a few more. 

if we have sold 450 in three hours when there's not much real point then it will easy be over a thousand and southend can add about twelve to the advance figure, pocket the tax and everybody has a good time*

• Like 1

• Matt changed the title to MATCH: vs Southend (A) 05/08/23
  • Matt featured this topic
4 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Already gone past 500 at 1.00pm….should be 1000+ which is a silly amount for the distance and costs involved!

If we can get a few early wins the match at Chesterfield will be mega!!

We’ve only been allocated 660 and not likely to get any extra…oh, and no POTD!!😳

8 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

That end will hold well over 2000….Southend are strapped for cash why no POTD?

Reduced capacity due to safety certificate?

Yeah, standard away allocation is 1200, but can extend to 2000. Has to be something to do with safety certificate, or their ability to cater for a larger following with things like catering or turnstile operators perhaps.