MATCH: vs Southend (A) 05/08/23

22 minutes ago, Rootshallbloke said:

Tom was a very promising prospect at full back with a very cultured left peg. He fell away last season and his form plummeted. Obviously Kev Maher decided to off load so we can register another player into our 16 man squad. Until the embargo is lifted 16 is our number.

Have you got 16 at the moment? Has Demetriou been added? Are you able to give anything more than short term contracts?

10 hours ago, GKing521 said:

There’s still tickets remaining. I’d park the complaints until it actually sells out and there’s strong demand for more.

Anyone remember the tears surrounding the Wrexham allocation only for us not to sell it out..?

Ticket stats can be found here: https://southend.cstevens.me

this says we have sold 665 and Latics say we have been allocated 660.

if southend has the correct figure then there is 20 left out of 685. 

over 95% in 26 hours with about three times that time left until KO?

you need to park up your brain if that doesnt count as strong demand 🤣

l'm probably one of the biggest anti capitalists on here but even l can see youre a bit rubbish at economics and trolling and stuff!!!

DM those four people who have liked your comment and Ponzi the fuck out of those thick twats 🤣🤣🤣

22 minutes ago, astottie said:

Have you got 16 at the moment? Has Demetriou been added? Are you able to give anything more than short term contracts?

We did have. Demi is out of contract but has taken up a coaching position with the club. I'm not sure on contract length. Truthfully Demi being reined in isn't too bad a thing, he does have a habit of collecting yellow cards for fun.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Is it all ticket for home fans? If not, don't see what the fuss is about.

we don't know, hence the fuss!!

needs to be POTD too bc lm pretty sure if a few hundred of us buy tickets in home ends with our Norvern Monkey postcodes they might suss us out!!!

4 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

this says we have sold 665 and Latics say we have been allocated 660.

if southend has the correct figure then there is 20 left out of 685. 

over 95% in 26 hours with about three times that time left until KO?

you need to park up your brain if that doesnt count as strong demand 🤣

l'm probably one of the biggest anti capitalists on here but even l can see youre a bit rubbish at economics and trolling and stuff!!!

DM those four people who have liked your comment and Ponzi the fuck out of those thick twats 🤣🤣🤣

This is getting out of hand. There is no need whatsoever to abuse fellow supporters in this way.

I often find @GKing521 a tad negative about Latics, but in this case he is expressing a perfectly reasonable view. He is simply pointing out that we haven't (at time of his post) sold out our allocation and that if subsequently there is strong demand for more, fans will be entitled to moan if that demand is not met. The decision as to whether or not more tickets are allocated to away fans rests solely with SUFC and it is as pointless as it is unfair to criticise @GKing521 and anyone else who points these facts out. I imagine that Southend may have concerns over ground safety as well as possible protests against their chairman.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

🤣🤣

ahhh bugger it, l'm not going am l.

l hope all Latics have a great day and all Southend lose the match but win their war. and have a reasonable day!!

PTTP ✊🏿

Monty, I’m confused mate….there are still tickets available….appear to be around 16 left and have been for the last couple of hours?! Sorry if I’ve missed something but they are still available 

18 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

This is getting out of hand. There is no need whatsoever to abuse fellow supporters in this way.

I often find @GKing521 a tad negative about Latics, but in this case he is expressing a perfectly reasonable view. He is simply pointing out that we haven't (at time of his post) sold out our allocation and that if subsequently there is strong demand for more, fans will be entitled to moan if that demand is not met. The decision as to whether or not more tickets are allocated to away fans rests solely with SUFC and it is as pointless as it is unfair to criticise @GKing521 and anyone else who points these facts out. I imagine that Southend may have concerns over ground safety as well as possible protests against their chairman.

It's now looking like the limits on the North stand are down to safety issues and our renewed safety certificate. On Sunday our scrubbers, washers and polishers were actually requested to only scrub, wash and polish the first two blocks. We had issues in that stand last season with crumbling terraces. I'd imagine that the likes of Boreham Wood will be even more gutted than you guys at the lack of away seating.😉

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rootshallbloke said:

It's now looking like the limits on the North stand are down to safety issues and our renewed safety certificate. On Sunday our scrubbers, washers and polishers were actually requested to only scrub, wash and polish the first two blocks. We had issues in that stand last season with crumbling terraces. I'd imagine that the likes of Boreham Wood will be even more gutted than you guys at the lack of away seating.😉

Reckon Boreham will just about manage RHB. Their average attendance is about 685 isn't it🤣

• Like 1

20 hours ago, GKing521 said:

There’s still tickets remaining. I’d park the complaints until it actually sells out and there’s strong demand for more.

Anyone remember the tears surrounding the Wrexham allocation only for us not to sell it out..?

Ticket stats can be found here: https://southend.cstevens.me

Spot on, still tickets available even now, anyone wanting one will get one.

• Like 2

On 8/2/2023 at 5:23 PM, Ritchierich said:

Monty, I’m confused mate….there are still tickets available….appear to be around 16 left and have been for the last couple of hours?! Sorry if I’ve missed something but they are still available 

l wont know til sat morning if l can go.

l'm over it now. lve lost a lot of passion where Football is involved over the past few seasons, seemingly not with Latics. still get me gobbin off online!!!

l might tag along last minute lve managed to get into our 'sold out' matches at stockport northampton and somewhere else cant rember!

and euro 2004!!!

do us proud lads and bring back those points

7 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

I’ve just checked and there are two seats still available 

You are right. Strange as they were definitely gone when I checked. Maybe someone had them in their checkout box and didn’t pay. Either way, it’s a decent effort.