MATCH: vs Southend (A) 05/08/23

Just now, daniel said:

You are right. Strange as they were definitely gone when I checked. Maybe someone had them in their checkout box and didn’t pay. Either way, it’s a decent effort. 

its me. lm constantly putting them in the basket for the next 30 odd hours until l can get them*

*l'm not really.

On 8/2/2023 at 6:14 AM, Rootshallbloke said:

Yep, I have read it, and that gets said by most clubs. Doesn't mean they won't open another block, but I suppose you know best, so I better be quiet now. Have a nice day mate.

hi there. thanks for rocking up on a friendly forum knowing best and failing at a belittling tone, talking down to tell us whats gone before will therefore happen again.

it aged really, really well. you should be proud. come back often, seems you can further our collective knowlege with your bright mind 🙄

l still hope your club survives but loses twice to us. have a nice season mate.

if this doesnt get us another block of seating released then l may have to accept l do not live in a computer simulation that l can subconciously control

Been thinking about our line up for Saturday, its going to be 4 4 2 isn't it? Would Fondop /Norwood work? Or does Norwood start on the bench. When Lundstram is fit  3 4 3 would be a good fit at home, it feels as though we may may be in for a bit of tinkering with formations for a good few games. 

2 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Been thinking about our line up for Saturday, its going to be 4 4 2 isn't it? Would Fondop /Norwood work? Or does Norwood start on the bench. When Lundstram is fit  3 4 3 would be a good fit at home, it feels as though we may may be in for a bit of tinkering with formations for a good few games. 

I reckon he’ll start with 442. It could be a bit of a battle on a questionable pitch so sticking with this would be safer. I think he’ll go with…

Norman

Kitching

Hogan

Raglan

Hobson (or new RB)

Ward

Sheron

Shelton

Green

Norwood

Nuttall

3 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

I reckon he’ll start with 442. It could be a bit of a battle on a questionable pitch so sticking with this would be safer. I think he’ll go with…

Norman

Kitching

Hogan

Raglan

Hobson (or new RB)

Ward

Sheron

Shelton

Green

Norwood

Nuttall

Looks favourable, although I reckon it's fondop/Nuttall. Struggling to see how Willoughby fits in all this, although he could be our joker in the pack. 

3 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Looks favourable, although I reckon it's fondop/Nuttall. Struggling to see how Willoughby fits in all this, although he could be our joker in the pack. 

Norwood has been playing and scoring for Barnsley in pre season so he’ll be ready to go. Would be surprised if he doesn’t start (assuming not injured). 

5 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Norman

Kitching

Hogan

Raglan

Hobson (or new RB)

Ward

Sheron

Shelton

Green

Norwood

Nuttall

Of that lot, only three players (Norman, Hogan & Sheron) started the first game last season. And only the first two when we played Southend away two weeks later 😮

5 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Willoughby if he's smart/well advised he sees this as a great chance to learn from someone like Norwood, who's got a good reputation (as a person) and thus could be a very good guide/coach to him. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Norman

Kitching

Hogan

Raglan

Hobson (or new RB)

Ward

Sheron

Shelton

Green

Norwood

Nuttall

I think you have the team that will start there. 

16 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Norman

Kitching

Hogan

Raglan

Hobson (or new RB)

Ward

Sheron

Shelton

Green

Norwood

Nuttall

I think you could be spot on there. I’m sure Nuttall will start, and as Norwood has been playing and scoring for Barnsley pre season and apparently training here this week he obviously fit enough to start. I don’t think Dickinson played much last season (if at all) so he’ll probably have to bide his time, so think Ward will stay on the left for now.

I’d probably start with Fondop and Norwood up front, but I’m sure Unsworth knows a lot more than me so I’ll leave it to him.

36 minutes ago, disjointed said:

l dont think we can say until we know if a RB is coming in. if it was me l'd go 343, ask Raglan to step and ask Kitch and Green to do about 8 jobs. if we signed a RB ld go 433, but as Joe pointed out a 505 is probably the route we will go 🤣

FWIW

Norman

Raglan

Hogan

Hobson

Kitch

Ward

Sheron

Green

Reid

Fondop

Norwood

50/50 on Nuttall Fondop bc Nuttall drops a lot and would be better for my 343. but Findop got about 8 against ashton and the anglers arms plus lm gay for him so l cant decide. even tho l clearly have done.

On pre season form how does Nuttall start now we've just bought a direct replacement?, I'm presuming they've gone after Norwood as Nuttall has disappointed in preseason?. I think they'll start with Norwood/Fondop and any two from Nuttall/Reid and Willoughby on the bench, it leaves Hope with nowhere to go now and you'd suggest one or two others may be looking for game time elsewhere. Green isn't a wing back and could only play in a 4-4-2 which is how we've set up pre season so no change there. Tough one picking an 11 for 1st game given the options, if everyone was available I'd probably go with;

Norman

Shelton

Hobson

Raglan

Kitching

Green

Sheron

Lundstrum 

Ward

Norwood

Fondop

Subs

Hudson

Hogan

Sutton

Reid 

Willoughby 

If Lundstrum is injured then Gardner would be the obvious replacement. If Unsworth does feel compelled to play all three of our quality centrehalfs in some sort of 3-4-3 then the team Monty has suggested looks fine but we haven't got anyone in that midfield who can dictate the game for us and I think we'd struggle down the right defensively, be bold to switch to some sort of 3-4-3 now after playing 90% of pre season as a 4-4-2.

Finally we will have to up our performance on last Saturday, it doesn't matter how many strikers we can collect, we created nothing second half last week and Norwood will need service from midfield, I'm hoping we have some good news on Lundstrum and he is somehow fit to play.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

On pre season form how does Nuttall start now we've just bought a direct replacement?, I'm presuming they've gone after Norwood as Nuttall has disappointed in preseason?. I think they'll start with Norwood/Fondop and any two from Nuttall/Reid and Willoughby on the bench, it leaves Hope with nowhere to go now and you'd suggest one or two others may be looking for game time elsewhere. Green isn't a wing back and could only play in a 4-4-2 which is how we've set up pre season so no change there. Tough one picking an 11 for 1st game given the options, if everyone was available I'd probably go with;

Norman

Shelton

Hobson

Raglan

Kitching

Green

Sheron

Lundstrum 

Ward

Norwood

Fondop

Subs

Hudson

Hogan

Sutton

Reid 

Willoughby 

If Lundstrum is injured then Gardner would be the obvious replacement. If Unsworth does feel compelled to play all three of our quality centrehalfs in some sort of 3-4-3 then the team Monty has suggested looks fine but we haven't got anyone in that midfield who can dictate the game for us and I think we'd struggle down the right defensively, be bold to switch to some sort of 3-4-3 now after playing 90% of pre season as a 4-4-2.

Finally we will have to up our performance on last Saturday, it doesn't matter how many strikers we can collect, we created nothing second half last week and Norwood will need service from midfield, I'm hoping we have some good news on Lundstrum and he is somehow fit to play.

yeah going with my two in CM would be a massive risk and invites the 505 but l want Raglan Hobson Green Kitch Reid and Norwood in my XI but can not see him dropping Hogan or Sheron so l was forced to go with what is without doubt my least favoured of all formations.

l can see some merits in it now lm thinking on it. l'm just going to have to try my hardest to see what Rhino sees and support him to the max, because we clearly have a massive opportunity here and we need to do all we can to back him.

l understand around 1% have an agenda or sell bandwith and l'll try to ignore it.

1 minute ago, Monty Burns said:

yeah going with my two in CM would be a massive risk and invites the 505 but l want Raglan Hobson Green Kitch Reid and Norwood in my XI but can not see him dropping Hogan or Sheron so l was forced to go with what is without doubt my least favoured of all formations.

l can see some merits in it now lm thinking on it. l'm just going to have to try my hardest to see what Rhino sees and support him to the max, because we clearly have a massive opportunity here and we need to do all we can to back him.

l understand around 1% have an agenda or sell bandwith and l'll try to ignore it.

It's been done to death I know, so this is my final say on it. In my eyes Unsworth isn't good enough, but whilst he is manager he has my support. And as a final I would never boo any player no matter how shit they are. 

I'm done. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, disjointed said:

It's been done to death I know, so this is my final say on it. In my eyes Unsworth isn't good enough, but whilst he is manager he has my support. And as a final I would never boo any player no matter how shit they are. 

I'm done. 

defo. l dont think anybody currently present on here 'has an agenda' l meant Redfleece and his racists

1 hour ago, disjointed said:

I'm done. 

I second this

1 minute ago, ShireBlue said:

Three at the back looks obvious with our depth at CB, but it’s a non starter for me until we get a proper RB/wing back.

'its ok if youre fast just sprint back and get in his way'

are you saying my tactic above is not good enough? 🤣