MATCH: vs Southend (A) 05/08/23

3 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

What an absolute shambles football is! They are totally strapped for cash and yet ma6 effectively turn away £££ from Latics fans. Is there an6 industry in the world that would do that? It’s complete bollocks

Every service industry in the developed world has capacity restrictions. If a building can only hold 600 you can't have any more even if they are queuing round the block.

Listening to the podcast it sounds like Southend has structural issues in their away end so while the end may have held 2000 in recent past it can't hold that much now.

If it wasn't the first game of the season would we be taking more than our allocation to Southend? We hadn't in recent years even with our decent support in the big smoke.

21 minutes ago, Rootshallbloke said:

If there is a demand the Club will open up another block.

1. we don't need 'another block' we need another three blocks at least.

2. No they wont.

there is clearly demand we have sold about 90% of what weve been given within a day and its the middle of the week.

we have been specifically told, if you bother to read it, by southend that 'it is unlikely anymore tickets will be sold' any more being asin the pituful 660 is it.

Edited by Monty Burns

6 minutes ago, welshgaz said:

I’m not sure there’s loads more demand than the 660 we’ve got. They’d all be gone now if so. A lot will have been put off by the uncertainty and made other plans.

Probably so but a lot will also have been planning to order over the next couple of days thinking we were getting a much larger allocation!

We’d have sold 1000+ no question!!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, welshgaz said:

I’m not sure there’s loads more demand than the 660 we’ve got. They’d all be gone now if so. A lot will have been put off by the uncertainty and made other plans.

opinions are like arse holes and yours is covered in shit. your opinion, not sure about your arse.

there was literally no need to buy a ticket but over 500 did anyway and that somehow translates in your head as 'no demand' how much thought did you actually give that?

what the actual fuck is wrong with people's heads??? our species is not going to make it.

Edited by Monty Burns
question markage
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

opinions are like arse holes and yours is covered in shit. your opinion, not sure about your arse.

there was literally no need to buy a ticket but over 500 did anyway and that somehow translates in your head as 'no demand' how much thought did you actually give that?

what the actual fuck is wrong with people's heads??? our species is not going to make it.

I don’t really know what any of that means! Doesn’t sound very pleasant though.

• Like 1

It’s that dreaded momentum thing we were all debating a while back! If we had more tickets available, as we had expected, there would have been a buzz about the match and loads would have decided to head down on Saturday as the FOMO kicked in…..Billy used to do a great job of that when they’d update the Tickets sold on Twitter every few hours

Had this whole thing not been a shambles we’d have taken over 1000 and even with the last minute go ahead I still think we’d have got close and easily 800-900 but looks like we’re stuck with 660 (although the Southend Ticket site suggests we have 685)

There’s still tickets remaining. I’d park the complaints until it actually sells out and there’s strong demand for more.

Anyone remember the tears surrounding the Wrexham allocation only for us not to sell it out..?

Ticket stats can be found here: https://southend.cstevens.me

Edited by GKing521
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

1. we don't need 'another block' we need another three blocks at least.

2. No they wont.

there is clearly demand we have sold about 90% of what weve been given within a day and its the middle of the week.

we have been specifically told, if you bother to read it, by southend that 'it is unlikely anymore tickets will be sold' any more being asin the pituful 660 is it.

Yep, I have read it, and that gets said by most clubs. Doesn't mean they won't open another block, but I suppose you know best, so I better be quiet now. Have a nice day mate.

4 hours ago, GKing521 said:

There’s still tickets remaining. I’d park the complaints until it actually sells out and there’s strong demand for more.

Anyone remember the tears surrounding the Wrexham allocation only for us not to sell it out..?

Same with Bradford a couple of years ago. First away game I think it was, 1200 allocated, everyone up in arms and not sure if we even shifted them all in the end.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GKing521 said:

Those stats do not include away sales.

13 minutes ago, Rootshallbloke said:

Those stats do not include away sales.

A lot (like me) will have snapped them up straight away to make sure we got one given the short notice of the go ahead for the game.

Unless we sell them all and they give us more we’ll never know how many we would have sold. If they don’t then we can all make up numbers and have that smugness about our great away support that we do better than most.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

It’s that dreaded momentum thing we were all debating a while back! If we had more tickets available, as we had expected, there would have been a buzz about the match and loads would have decided to head down on Saturday as the FOMO kicked in…..Billy used to do a great job of that when they’d update the Tickets sold on Twitter every few hours

Had this whole thing not been a shambles we’d have taken over 1000 and even with the last minute go ahead I still think we’d have got close and easily 800-900 but looks like we’re stuck with 660 (although the Southend Ticket site suggests we have 685)

Plenty of us Southern based fans would have bought tickets late in the week or paid on the day if available I'm sure.

My guess is it would have been similar numbers to Torquay last season....but whatever official numbers were posted, were fudged anyway!!

nobody in our group has bought a ticket and ten minutes ago half of them didn't even know it was all ticket with about 20 tickets remaining.

apologies for the outburst but after all the is it on is it off is it on is it off bollocks

and me spending the whole time goin dont worry some southend bloke on owtb said it will be fine and then l can't even go 🤣🤣

is it one of them all ticket for away fans only type pathetic efforts? l won't know til first thing saturday if l can go but if home fans can POTD then l don't actually know why lm turning into the kind of overreactive twonk l like to point at and laugh 😔

42 minutes ago, astottie said:

Tom was a very promising prospect at full back with a very cultured left peg. He fell away last season and his form plummeted. Obviously Kev Maher decided to off load so we can register another player into our 16 man squad. Until the embargo is lifted 16 is our number.

2 hours ago, Londonboy said:

Think they do....it says away 635 sold 50 available

You're absolutely right. That's a first for this season as previously we've not included away sales. As the stats are lifted from the Clubs public servers it may have something to do with our new ticketing system. Thanks for the heads up.