Unsworth Out

18 minutes ago, diggleblue said:

Frustration? 

It's weak, whichever way you dress it up, I'd be docking them the maximum if it leads to a sending off and suspension. 

You could argue it comes from the top, Unsworth always finds time to berate match officials in interviews so I suspect he goes after them in the dressing room and Hogan needs to concentrate on his limited game rather than getting emotional with officials as he has now had an hissy fit in the last two televised games when he should have been holding his shit together and using that energy in the game to marshall his troops. We won't win the battle with the refs and it's about time we knocked all that bitching on the head.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Assume you're blaming grown mens behavior on Unsworth. Maybe he covers it in training. Holds sessions on being a knobhead

He is the manager, he holds the responsibility of reigning in the discipline, either by word of mouth or by fining the players involved. Money talks.

24 minutes ago, Wardie said:

He is the manager, he holds the responsibility of reigning in the discipline, either by word of mouth or by fining the players involved. Money talks.

I'm sure they'll have a fine system in place, or they definitely should. 

Would people here be happy if he dropped the likes of Norwood for it as punishment?

17 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

The culture in any club, or any organisation for that matter, comes from the top. In football that’s the manager and coaching team. 

Can’t disagree with that. The disciplinary record 7 games in is shocking. Unsworth/the board need to get a grip, very quickly.

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

I'm sure they'll have a fine system in place, or they definitely should. AGREED

Would people here be happy if he dropped the likes of Norwood for it as punishment? WHY SHOULDN'T HE IF HE DEEMS IT NECESSARY,  THERE HAS TO BE PUNISHMENTS IN PLACE FOR LACK OF DISCIPLINE, NO NEED TO DROP THEM JUST HIT THEM WHERE IT HURTS. IM SURE THE CHAIRMAN WILL FIND GOOD USE FOR ANY CHARITABLE DONATIONS.

Edited by yarddog73

6 hours ago, St92 said:

Ignoring any of the other issues, the purpose of going to the football is to be entertained.

Can anyone honestly say they're getting that from DU football?

TNT said it was a very entertaining game . Is entertainment more important than results . We are all different some want a win at all costs ,whilst some people  demand champagne football. Gateshead made me laugh, imagine trying to play that stupid Kewellsque out from the back crap in front of 8k at BP. TNT soon stopped spouting how good the keeper was on the ball after he had made a few errors. We had obviously done our homework  on them . Thought Hobson was excellent, and Green , Never a red card on Shelton , Sutton will be a good player for us eventually but he is no full back and cost us the second goal. Think we are still lacking in midfield . But overall unluck not to come away with all three points.

• Like 1

This is already shaping up to be another struggle of a season. There is literally nothing to suggest anything else. Even when we are pushing forward and playing a bit we are bang average. 6 points from a possible 21 is it now? He can talk all he wants about fine margins and being “delighted “ with things that should be a given to his players. Frank can publicly declare his faith in DU, but the results don’t lie. We literally are no better than a year ago. Never mind the new lot are just bedding in etc. He’s had pretty much a full year in charge with no tangible progress on the field. Yes we were technically “third in the table” on form from last January but what in reality does that even mean, and in any case we haven’t continued that momentum because we are struggling again. To say at this stage top spot is out of our reach most would say is silly at this stage, but unless the top couple of sides disappear to Magaluf for a month we ain’t catching them. 

4 hours ago, True Tic said:

We were outplayed for good parts of the game and whether we looked like winning or not , we didn’t win, again . 

For what ever reason the player's couldn't see that game out and it was criminal they didn't, 

Other sides don't let up when we do and that's just down to who wants it more,

A point is more than we got here last time but really should have been all three.

I'm very much in the Unsworth out camp, however, I thought that was a much improved performance. Much more on the front foot, he brought Hobson back in (who was MOM for us) and actually played him in his proper position after wanting to sign him for the past 6 months or more. Can't really point the finger at Unsworth for us not winning that game but with 1 win in 7 he's surely on borrowed time. The worrying thing is Frank's speech before the game, he admits he knows nothing about football but he's going to stick with Unsworth because he loves the club and it hurts him when we don't win! We know the Royles won't pull the trigger so we look stuck with him. I just can't see him ever getting us promoted.

6 hours ago, PeteG said:

I'm very much in the Unsworth out camp, however, I thought that was a much improved performance. Much more on the front foot, he brought Hobson back in (who was MOM for us) and actually played him in his proper position after wanting to sign him for the past 6 months or more. Can't really point the finger at Unsworth for us not winning that game but with 1 win in 7 he's surely on borrowed time. The worrying thing is Frank's speech before the game, he admits he knows nothing about football but he's going to stick with Unsworth because he loves the club and it hurts him when we don't win! We know the Royles won't pull the trigger so we look stuck with him. I just can't see him ever getting us promoted.

Ye. Shame ALMO aren't in charge. They knew how to run a club.

8/10 comments you manage to swipe at the ownership. 

Transparent cunt

Edited by mcfluff1985
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, south east latic said:

Today wasn’t a sackable offence on its own. Thought we actually created a few chances which we should have scored from which isn’t something you can normally say about us. 

However it’s 1 win in 7 and 10 points off top already. Every week there’s something. Every week there’s a ‘we could have won that if it wasn’t for…’ but we never do. There’s a point at which it stops being unlucky and becomes incompetent and I think we passed that point a while ago. We should be better and I firmly believe we would be with a better manager, it’s as simple as that. 

Anybody can beat anybody in this league apparently. Unfortunately we can only beat Aldershot 

• Like 1

Do people genuinely believe that David Unsworth is currently under no pressure from the board right now.

I know Frank gave his speech yesterday as he does like to addressing the people, telling us to get behind the manager. But if you were him right now would you be coming out and saying openly that he's got a month to turn this round otherwise he's gone. Knowing full well that he's surrounded by people with phones and camera's so that anything like this would be on social media and around the world within seconds.

I don't believe for one minute that if this form continues that they won't sack him. Their patience won't be inexhaustible certainly not when you consider the outlay they have put out. 

Don't forget 12 months ago they were saying we have no money to spend on transfers. Since then we've probably been on the biggest spending spree since Chris Moore's time as owner.

What is said to the media and the masses should be very different to what is said in private. That's true in the boardroom and the dressing room.

Edited by GlossopLatic

9 hours ago, Sloshed Joe said:

Think Norwood is one yellow away from a suspension already. Good job we have a collection of forwards as cover.

His average is about 6 yellows a season I think. I wonder why he’s so frustrated or overly aggressive?  

Edited by kowenicki

8 hours ago, penrhyn said:

TNT said it was a very entertaining game . Is entertainment more important than results . We are all different some want a win at all costs ,whilst some people  demand champagne football. Gateshead made me laugh, imagine trying to play that stupid Kewellsque out from the back crap in front of 8k at BP. TNT soon stopped spouting how good the keeper was on the ball after he had made a few errors. We had obviously done our homework  on them . Thought Hobson was excellent, and Green , Never a red card on Shelton , Sutton will be a good player for us eventually but he is no full back and cost us the second goal. Think we are still lacking in midfield . But overall unluck not to come away with all three points.

Look at league table and see if it makes you laugh, Gateshead in 12th with 9 points , Oldham 18th with 6 , a full 9-10 pts of where everybody thinks we should be . We can't keep saying unlucky, Unsworh out !