MATCH: vs Chesterfield (A) 19/08/23 - 12.30 KO

7 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

just a snippet from the Spireites board…they don’t seem to impressed with our team either!!1

Oldham were a shambles. They were disorganised. I'd rate their performance as one of the worst that I've seen by an away side v Town. Their passing, movement, ball control and tackling was awful. It was telling that during one of the breaks in play when three of ours went over to talk with our coaches, the Oldham players went nowhere near the touchline. We should have wiped the floor with them today.

24 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

Selective .

Several more comments on Latics playing well in containing Chesterfield, that Oldham didn’t give them hardly any chances, and a draw was fair result. 

Up until we conceded the goal, we were very organised and had restricted them to one clear chance.

If Hogan had stopped protesting about the corner and got on with organising his defence … who knows…

Thereafter we were poor I agree. Until we equalised that is 😉

And who is this ‘Town’ the spireite refers to?

I reckon we have forgotten how to support a manager and team, I mean we seem to go through a manager every three months. Worked well hasnt it, lets keep at it, lets sack Unsworth and get a manager in we can ALL be behind despite results .... What there isnt one ?? Surely we would be happy with losing 5-4 every week. What else we can do is blame the scorer of the equaliser for 100 people running on the pitch, Im sure the instruction from hom was clear .... lets push the oppo goalkeeper to the ground and start a fight with the chesterfield fans. Lets wave our arms at the one person who deserves absolutely nothing but hero worship and tell him how to do his job as and owner of a football club. Lets do it on front of the TV cameras so we can proudly be identified as supporters of a football club. I thought it was just Mancherster United fans who think they have a devine right to win every match. We are a division 5 football team and we are there like it or not because we have sacked manager after manager with fans berating them and individual players or both. 

I am NOT advocating medeocracy and I am not accepting substandard performances nor do I expect to win every game. There is no excuse for the supporter behavior on Saturday that will ever sit right with me. I feel for you as it appears to be the norm to want to drive people out of the club and its well practised for the las 15 years. Maybe that should change rather than the manager or strikers or Shelton and Sheron. 

As for the match ... We had a good first 45 mins and sat back a bit too much in the second but we drew, we got a point. Were we great? nope, were we shit, nope other than on the terraces in the last mins. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

apparantley that can't be true because our XG was double theirs.

l don't fully know what that means, but l thought l'd point it out.

We were about to fizzle out at 1-0 and nothing that went before would of mattered in the least, then, their goalie parried the ball into Norwood's path for a tap in.

The point gained was all down to an enormous piece of luck, nothing more.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

We were about to fizzle out at 1-0 and nothing that went before would of mattered in the least, then, their goalie parried the ball into Norwood's path for a tap in.

The point gained was all down to an enormous piece of luck, nothing more.

apparantley that can't be true bc our XG was double theirs.

l don't.....

his contradictions come from gettin ahead of himsself due to emotion. he really cares. theres an easy meme for a pathetic cunt if they want to they can make it out like he thinks we we playing at Boundary Park in his post chesterfield interview.

imagine needing a seige mentality from your own fans 😔

Edited by Monty Burns

We were poor second half, but if Dan Gardner rasping a shot in, the striker keeping himself onside and alert enough to get to the rebound and finish is nothing but luck.. I’ll take that away to the title favourites.

Edited by ShireBlue

4 minutes ago, ShireBlue said:

We were poor second half, but if Dan Gardner rasping a shot in, the striker keeping himself onside and alert enough to get to the rebound and finish is nothing but luck.. I’ll take that away to the title favourites.

So will I and I said so before a ball was kicked but it wasn't some stroke of footballing genius that got us the point, it was gifted.

Hope we can get at Boreham wood and show more footballing intent, you know, the kind that gets you in with a shout of promotion.

Play that way next Saturday and we'll be on the wrong end of a result, no doubting that.

39 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

So will I and I said so before a ball was kicked but it wasn't some stroke of footballing genius that got us the point, it was gifted.

Hope we can get at Boreham wood and show more footballing intent, you know, the kind that gets you in with a shout of promotion.

Play that way next Saturday and we'll be on the wrong end of a result, no doubting that.

Why?  Are Boreham Wood better than Chesterfield?

41 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Were they?  I thought we conceded an unfortunate late goal when we were on top at their place

Splitting hairs now,

All that matters is the end result and they did us both home and away,

They'll do the same again if our manager relies on luck to see us through

We weren't lucky, the players carried on till the end and scored. That was what they were trying to do!!

They were lucky Norwood missed the lob.

Were they lucky to score due to the players switching off moaning about a foul on Hogan? you can't have both ways right?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Lags said:

We weren't lucky, the players carried on till the end and scored. That was what they were trying to do!!

They were lucky Norwood missed the lob.

Were they lucky to score due to the players switching off moaning about a foul on Hogan? you can't have both ways right?

The real piece of luck we had was, Chesterfield not turning up like normal  otherwise it would have been another Southend scoreline