MATCH: vs Chesterfield (A) 19/08/23 - 12.30 KO

4 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

yes that defo counts as an assist ld be claiming that its on target and dipping so difficult to catch impossible to plam over.

What was he doing so far forward, he was supposed to protect the back 8?

He won't start the next match after ruining the formation.😉

Edited by BP1960

6 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Does nothing that can't be seen with the human eye.

Managers are stats obsessed and robotic players not allowed think for themselves.

Latics legends like Bobby Johnstone and Alan Groves would have ignored them and done their own thing...entertaining fans at the same time.

Glad I was a dinosaur before I was wiped off the scouting earth, great days.

At least you're not bitter about it 

• Like 2

On 8/19/2023 at 6:57 PM, longtimeblue said:

I suspect you've had to shift through a lot of comments to find something that ties in with your narrative. We were shit.

Apologies for the late response

There is an interview on TNT / BT Sport with James Norwood stating 'the lads worked really hard today and our tactics were to restrict their goal opportunities and try and get a goal on the break'

https://www.tntsports.co.uk/football/vanarama-national-league/2023-2024/it-just-shows-what-spirit-we-ve-got-james-norwood-reacts-after-scoring-last-gasp-oldham-equaliser_vid1971640/video.shtml

• After scoring 10 goals in their first 3 games we restricted them to just one
  • They had 3 shots on target, we had 3
  • They had 3 shots off target, we had 4

A very hard fought point in my book

Edited by tGWB
video added
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, tGWB said:

There is an interview on TNT / BT Sport with James Norwood stating 'the lads worked really hard today and our tactics were to restrict their goal opportunities and try and get a goal on the break'

late but accurate, concise and bullet pointed is fine.

• Like 1

• Matt unfeatured this topic
On 8/24/2023 at 11:53 AM, tGWB said:

https://www.tntsports.co.uk/football/vanarama-national-league/2023-2024/it-just-shows-what-spirit-we-ve-got-james-norwood-reacts-after-scoring-last-gasp-oldham-equaliser_vid1971640/video.shtml

Just keep thinking what might have happened if we'd had a go at them.Let in 3 again today.

5 minutes ago, Lags said:

I bet Chesterfield don't mind winning basketball matches each week.  Reminds me of the pinch me seasons. 

To be fair yesterday at gateshead could have been 4 4 or even 4 5

Agree. Stats for the game show that we had TWENTY attempts on goal yesterday … I’m struggling to recall that many though 🤔

• 1 month later...

Shame the police do not put as much work in when you have your car stolen of your drive at 3am instead of taking the trouble to look at cameras on the roads they just give you a crime reference number and let the insurance pay out and people wonder why it is now so expensive.

• Like 1

Top left is the lad accused of giving  Frank verbals in the away end a few week ago. 

No sympathy for anyone caught up in these latest incidents, invading the pitch has to stop and hopefully this will deter the vast majority from doing it, it is a criminal offence but more importantly it's cringy as fuck.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, South West Blue said:

Why don't Derbyshire police force sod off and try catching some proper criminals lazy gits

It is I believe a criminal offence as @yarddog73 says - under the Football (Offences) Act 1991 to go onto the pitch without lawful authority or lawful excuse so…….
Well done Derbyshire police therefore. Every time a pitch invasion happens players and officials, never mind other fans, risk getting injured. I’m sick of the narcissistic louts who do it and hope anyone who breaks the law in this fashion is punished.

• Like 1

On 10/27/2023 at 2:38 PM, Worcester Owl said:

It is I believe a criminal offence as @yarddog73 says - under the Football (Offences) Act 1991 to go onto the pitch without lawful authority or lawful excuse so…….
Well done Derbyshire police therefore. Every time a pitch invasion happens players and officials, never mind other fans, risk getting injured. I’m sick of the narcissistic louts who do it and hope anyone who breaks the law in this fashion is punished.

Can't agree. Not as if anyone was injured etc is it? The bloody police file some rape cases NFA with less investigation than this. Joke in my view. Put resources where they are needed more please.