MATCH: vs Chesterfield (A) 19/08/23 - 12.30 KO

20 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Can't agree. Not as if anyone was injured etc is it? The bloody police file some rape cases NFA with less investigation than this. Joke in my view. Put resources where they are needed more please.

They've put a tweet out ffs. If people are knobheads it's their own fault 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wiseowl said:

Can't agree. Not as if anyone was injured etc is it? The bloody police file some rape cases NFA with less investigation than this. Joke in my view. Put resources where they are needed more please.

Ah ok so if I drive at 100mph down the motorway without a seatbelt and nobody gets hurt, that makes it ok I guess. Thanks for the clarification.

Don't grass your own. All a bit stupid but there was very little violence and it wasn't too dissimilar to what's happened there twice before. The lad who pushed the keeper has been (rightly) dealt with. Mountains out of molehills.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

Ah ok so if I drive at 100mph down the motorway without a seatbelt and nobody gets hurt, that makes it ok I guess. Thanks for the clarification.

No not at all... but I wouldn't expect the police to put still shots of you, not wearing your seatbelt, on social media to try and get someone to grass on you.

12 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

The lads involved should be commended for practicing safe punching. 

Sorry I am not doing very well with my messages on this.

I have re-read what I put and it makes it sound as though I was agreeing with the pitch invasion. I am not in any way.

My initial message was to reply and disagree with all those who were saying there was little violence or no harm done etc.

I was trying to say even though people might class it as a minor incident there were still punches thrown and it doesn't matter that they didn't seriously hurt anyone it is still not minor in my mind,  and the next time it could be much worse.

I mistakenly put "no" violence instead of little which side-tracked what I was trying to say and then me trying to clarify this made it sound worse!!!

On 10/29/2023 at 12:36 PM, wiseowl said:

No not at all... but I wouldn't expect the police to put still shots of you, not wearing your seatbelt, on social media to try and get someone to grass on you.

🙄 makes you wonder why the BBC ever bothered to make Crimewatch. 

Perish the thought that the police might ask for the public's help.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

🙄 makes you wonder why the BBC ever bothered to make Crimewatch. 

Perish the thought that the police might ask for the public's help.

Crimewatch? Seriously? We`ll agree to differ. Personally think there is a mountain of serious crime for the police to detect rather than pursuing a few lads running onto some grass in Derbyshire.

Reminds me of the time Essex Police told an organisation that they didn't have the resources to investigate a series of lorry hi-jackings involving £000,000s. That very same week they had an Inspector and 2 lower ranking officers at a "hate crime" conference during which the criminality (or not) of hate crimes targetted at ginger- haired people was discussed at length. 

Priorities please.

11 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Crimewatch? Seriously? We`ll agree to differ. Personally think there is a mountain of serious crime for the police to detect rather than pursuing a few lads running onto some grass in Derbyshire.

Reminds me of the time Essex Police told an organisation that they didn't have the resources to investigate a series of lorry hi-jackings involving £000,000s. That very same week they had an Inspector and 2 lower ranking officers at a "hate crime" conference during which the criminality (or not) of hate crimes targetted at ginger- haired people was discussed at length. 

Priorities please.

In Lancashire (the police area, not the whole county) crimes against Goths are classed as hate crimes. There is a very very good reason for that. 

I would expect serving police officers, of various ranks, to be at a hate crime conference. The clue is in the f**king name. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, wiseowl said:

Priorities please.

If people didn't act like Dickheads at football matches then the police wouldn't need to do stuff like this and we as football fans would get less hassle.

You're making excuses for these people and they are pretty weak ones at that.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

21 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

I haven't heard that expression used since the school playground.

Are you still a child?

If they get caught fuck em Its their own fault.

It's previously, and will be again, classed as over-exuberance. All a bit stupid but undoubtedly being treated as a far more serious thing than it is because of the keeper being pushed over.

If we're talking of childlike expressions, I might pick you up on your 'there's' and 'theirs' in the future.

Edited by longtimeblue
  • Like 1

On 8/19/2023 at 11:50 AM, Simpo said:

At the game with my dad, sister and nephew, and Luke Rothwell and Darren Royle have just been chatting with us for ages, just reinforcing how good we've got it with them.

It came up that this October will be my dad's 75th anniversary of his first ever game, and we've been offered to go in the directors' box as their guests!

We're thrilled, simple gesture I suppose but we're blown away, great start to the day, three points would top it off nicely!

Thanks to everyone at the club for following through with this, our family had a fantastic day on Saturday, we were well looked after

We were on a table with Joe Royle himself, so seeing my dad just get to natter away with him all day was fantastic

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2023/october/30102023-simon-barnett-75-years/

• Like 6

48 minutes ago, Simpo said:

Thanks to everyone at the club for following through with this, our family had a fantastic day on Saturday, we were well looked after

We were on a table with Joe Royle himself, so seeing my dad just get to natter away with him all day was fantastic

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2023/october/30102023-simon-barnett-75-years/

I saw this on twitter, great stuff, glad the family enjoyed themselves.

1 hour ago, Simpo said:

Glad you had a great experience! 

On 10/27/2023 at 8:04 AM, yarddog73 said:

Top left is the lad accused of giving  Frank verbals in the away end a few week ago. 

No sympathy for anyone caught up in these latest incidents, invading the pitch has to stop and hopefully this will deter the vast majority from doing it, it is a criminal offence but more importantly it's cringy as fuck.

Naaaah.....it's Bobby Firminio.....

• 1 month later...