MATCH: Solihull Moors (H) 28/08/23

4 minutes ago, daniel said:

I agree about the mismanagement of Reid, but come on, he’s missed an absolute sitter. Being match sharp has absolutely nothing to do with him missing that chance. 

Oh yeah, he should have scored regardless don't get me wrong, but just saying his chances of scoring rise considerably if he's played a few more minutes 

26 minutes ago, League one forever said:

As others have said- DU might be unlucky today, but you can’t consistently be unlucky. There’s a common denominator. 

Yes, today was a case of us missing several chances which should have been put away. The referee was appalling and I don’t often say it. Both ways though, I think it was Kitching gripping hold of their player in the box , sure it was a penalty. But again we are pointless. We had enough opportunities to win it but nothing . 1 point from a possible six this weekend . Unacceptable. 

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

That table is embarrassing to look at, there can be no justification other than blind faith, felt sorry for big Joe at full time, normally one of the warmest smiles in football he looked totally dejected. 

Do the right thing Unsworth and resign.

At least Shez left out of respect to our fans and club he loves

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Agree with all of that. There's a case for saying Unsworth should've hauled Fondop off after his early booking with decent options on the bench, I think. He was always going to be walking a tightrope...

Do you sub him or do you trust an adult to control himself till half time?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

I think it’s time , one win in six and we all said give him 10 games, we are not improving.

Very sad, I wanted him to take the club forward.

Me too, was cringing again with fans having a go at him but 1 win in six this campaign, a few wins last season but it’s all been turgid, hard work to watch. Are we 40 games into his management now? Large investment , new pitch , crowds almost doubled and nothing to show for it. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Making decisive decisions is all part of management. If he had took him off, we wouldn’t have been a player down. I would have taken him off and mate I go with turned around to me straight after the event and said take him off. 

1 minute ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Do you sub him or do you trust an adult to control himself till half time?

Fondop a total numpty. You cannot blame Unsworth - also he would have been hauled off at half time.

Irrespective, we once again made an average team look far superior to us.

A different manager is maybe what’s needed…

• Like 1

1 minute ago, True Tic said:

Me too, was cringing again with fans having a go at him but 1 win in six this campaign, a few wins last season but it’s all been turgid, hard work to watch. Are we 40 games into his management now? Large investment , new pitch , crowds almost doubled and nothing to show for it. 

14 wins in 44 as far as I can make out. What's that, about a 30% win rate? 

So Gardner starts and spends most of the game behind 2 defensive midfielders Sheron and Shelton.

Signed 2 players who can't play 2 games in a week.

How they passed finess tests before signing is remarkable.

Solihull a team of journeymen from lower leagues yet they passed the ball better and their manager got the best out of them on probably a much smaller budget.

Something just isn't right.

Edited by BP1960
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Signed 2 players who can't play 2 games in a week.

How they passed finess tests before signing is remarkable.

They'd not had a full preseason and both had previous injuries. What do you actually expect? There are enough things to complain about leaving out absolute shite like that

54 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Spot on.

For 1000th time.

Rhinoball- you have to win, because when you don’t the performance offers no hope or encouragement of improvement. 

It’s genuinely not an exaggeration to say that we’ve had one and half games of decent football under him. Wrexham first half at home last season, and Aldershot at home this season. One we lost one we won, but the performance was very good. In other 40+ games it goes between pragmatic/average/passive/lacking intent. 

You've rightly pointed out for some time now that if he was delivering wins, fans would put up with his style of football. I'd even speculate, because we all know what confidence can do for players and a team, that the performances would get better to watch anyway if the team could only string some wins together.

It feels like we are a million miles from that though. We've scored one goal in the last three games, and that was partly thanks to a goalkeeping error. I can't believe Frank & co will allow this to continue for much longer.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Fair enough. I'd still rate it as one of the better performances under Unsworth!

Yeah I thought it was decent too. And I thought we were unlucky. Unfortunately for Unsworth he doesn’t have any space for that. 

I’d say his biggest mistake were so many changes. I get why he did it and with the squad we have he should be able to do it. But after our start I don’t think he had any space for that either. I think it would have been better to ask them to run themselves into the ground to try and get some continuity. They can rest later when results pick up. 

We are just going around in ever decreasing circles

Everyone, and I genuinely think it is everyone, can see that Unsworth is not cut out for the job. It is sad but it is self evident. He has to go.

The only difference is some fans, and the Board it seems, want to feel better about the inevitable decision by giving him more time to “turn it around” 

He won’t and we all know it so it is just a question of how much of the season you leave for a qualified Manager to either steer us as way from a relegation scrap or make a late run for 7th place

• Like 2

Sheron and Shelton just cannot play football, it's as clear as the day is long, no more than one of those two should be in the same midfield and only then with a specific job of winning the ball back and giving it to the nearest blue shirt.

We look so poor all over the park it's painful to watch, for all his strengths Fondop is a liabilty, got crucified for saying that should be his last game for club  last season when he needlessly got sent off and suspect it will be now, let his manager down, his teammates and the Chairman who'll probably lose another 500 off the next home game as a result, he just doesn't learn. Players you can't trust are the worst types, they get you the sack. Some of them misses today though, fucking hell basic stuff Reid and Shelton particularly.

As for the ref he was a Grade A cunt but I don't want to go down the Unsworth route of digging them out week in week out, it's doing us fuck all favours, can't remember when we were last given a decision particularly a 50/50 one.

• Like 2

We seem to be doing an Everton with Dave in charge.  I think it's time we cut our losses and got rid of him and Ebbrell as they just don't have a clue how to get the best from these players.  I thought he had learned with the Aldershot game but it seems he still doesn't get it.  We need width and balls into the box especially with the forwards that we have.  Playing 3 forwards doesn't work as they need balls from out wide or through balls which we don't produce. 

Meanwhile at Chesterfield.

'James Berry setting up chance after chance. This lad looks like he could go all the way.

What a player we have here absolutely ghosts past defenders brilliant signing'

Not the type of player for us apparently, but Freeman and Dickenson are.