MATCH: Solihull Moors (H) 28/08/23

1 win in 6. He was backed in the summer and just doesn't know how to get the best from these players. One of the best squads in the league on paper. I wanted Unsworth to succeed but it's blatantly obvious the guy doesn't have a clue. Need to get someone else in but can't see it happening. Hope I'm wrong.

14 minutes ago, League one forever said:

You’re kidding me. . . . 

Was clipped on the ankle by one of theirs, he didn’t fall down screaming and rolling around like they did and no way was that ref giving us anything today. Solihull played the ref today and it working. Fondrop was stupid with the first yellow and the second has cost us although the guys gave it go.  If he hadn’t been sent off we would have won today, they didn’t offer much apart from the theatrics.

Unsworth’ d going to get hammered on here but unfairly I think.   (Tin hat now on)

Have a good week all onto Gateshead.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Ronald said:

Was clipped on the ankle by one of theirs, he didn’t fall down screaming and rolling around like they did and no way was that ref giving us anything today. Solihull played the ref today and it working. Fondrop was stupid with the first yellow and the second has cost us although the guys gave it go.  If he hadn’t been sent off we would have won today, they didn’t offer much apart from the theatrics.

Unsworth’ d going to get hammered on here but unfairly I think.   (Tin hat now on)

As others have said- DU might be unlucky today, but you can’t consistently be unlucky. There’s a common denominator. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, disjointed said:

I suppose it's a bad day for the winathomedrawawaylads. 

Bad day for all concerned, no winner's in any debate over what's happening on the pitch, another sorry night feeling miserable and the worry it might just get worse.

Please change it soon, it's making me ill 

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

Spot on.

For 1000th time.

Rhinoball- you have to win, because when you don’t the performance offers no hope or encouragement of improvement. 

It’s genuinely not an exaggeration to say that we’ve had one and half games of decent football under him. Wrexham first half at home last season, and Aldershot at home this season. One we lost one we won, but the performance was very good. In other 40+ games it goes between pragmatic/average/passive/lacking intent. 

Anyone of us could have achieved what Unsworth has this season.In fact I think most of us would have achieved more 

Sadly he is being paid a wage for doing nothing.Crowds dropping and still no signs of improvement.Got to Go.

Unsworth is surely on borrowed time, it's been an awful first month of the season overall.

The only saving grace for him is that there should be some very winnable games in September with the squad we have.

Pete Wild was in the sponsors box today apparently.  Lock him in there until he signs a contract with us and Unsworth can go immediately after for me.

• Like 3

Just now, Lukers1 said:

I think it’s time , one win in six and we all said give him 10 games, we are not improving.

Very sad, I wanted him to take the club forward.

I wouldn't mind if there were promising signs there. I remember in Shez's first season we had 1 win in 7 (?) at the start but the football was good and there were promising signs it was going to click. There's nothing positive here, I don't really know what the gameplan is when I watch us, there's no identity. 

In his defence, we actually were pretty unlucky today. How have Reid and Shelton missed in the first-half.

This has to be it for him, though. 

Gate was down, atmosphere was flat. The feel-good factor needs a revival...

Fondop absolutely thick.

Sheltons miss awful. 

Reid missed 2 chances, one from a yard out (imagine that was Nuttall)

Sutton did well today, as did Kitching. Raglan was OK, Hogan same. Sheron needs someone in there with him like a Jack Byrne. 

Gardner did alright as well and I'm not a fan normally

We win that if Fondop doesn't do what he does. We were creating plenty of chances prior

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Unsworth Out.

One of the posters said these performances were making him ill, and I feel like that just following the games on the internet. I think I'd feel suicidal (or murderous) if I was actually in the stadium. I watched the end of the Jack Rowley regime in the first half of the 1969-70 season, but I doubt that it was worse than this.

Edited by Summerdeep

3 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Unsworth is surely on borrowed time, it's been an awful first month of the season overall.

The only saving grace for him is that there should be some very winnable games in September with the squad we have.

Pete Wild was in the sponsors box today apparently.  Lock him in there until he signs a contract with us and Unsworth can go immediately after for me.

Summoned to see with his own eyes where we might be failing

I'd bet my house on him turning it round and fast.

Alas, it's not to be 

13 minutes ago, Ronald said:

His starting XI was his decision presumably…

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Summerdeep said:

Unsworth Out.

One of the posters said these performances were making him ill, and I feel like that just following the games on the internet. I think I'd feel suicidal (or murderous) if I was actually at the games. I watched the end of the Jack Rowley regime in the first half of the 1969-70 season, but I doubt that it was worse than this.

Yes, it's all consuming for me right now

Upset until the next game in the hope it might be alright again, not good all this stress

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JoeP said:

In his defence, we actually were pretty unlucky today. How have Reid and Shelton missed in the first-half.

This has to be it for him, though. 

Gate was down, atmosphere was flat. The feel-good factor needs a revival...

We weren't unlucky we were garbage. Their keeper gifted Reid his sitter and a great run by Sutton - who did have a good game and likewise the other fullback Kitching - gave Shelton his. Aside from those moments and it was laboured and aimless.

Green and Dickinson did well and so we actually looked better second half albeit from a very low bar.

Everytime somebody touched there number 4 it was a yellow card very poor ref yet again he fell for there dramatics everytime will we every learn fondop was an idiot for the challenge but was it really a second yellow..Surely unsworth has to go now this cannot carry on much longer.

6 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Fondop absolutely thick.

Sheltons miss awful. 

Sutton did well today, as did Kitching. Raglan was OK, Hogan same. Sheron needs someone in there with him like a Jack Byrne. 

We win that if Fondop doesn't do what he does. We were creating plenty of chances prior

Agree with all of that. There's a case for saying Unsworth should've hauled Fondop off after his early booking with decent options on the bench, I think. He was always going to be walking a tightrope...

2 minutes ago, Can Neil Redfearn Do It said:

We weren't unlucky we were garbage. Their keeper gifted Reid his sitter and a great run by Sutton - who did have a good game and likewise the other fullback Kitching - gave Shelton his. Aside from those moments and it was laboured and aimless.

Green and Dickinson did well and so we actually looked better second half albeit from a very low bar.

Agreed. The rest flattered to deceive or were just…er… shit. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Can Neil Redfearn Do It said:

Fair enough. I'd still rate it as one of the better performances under Unsworth!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, diggleblue said:

Anyone of us could have achieved what Unsworth has this season.In fact I think most of us would have achieved more 

Sadly he is being paid a wage for doing nothing.Crowds dropping and still no signs of improvement.Got to Go.

That's where I am.

How much more can we take of post match excuses.We have the players but we need a manager  who can instill confidence and get the best out of this team.Most managers would be envious  of our squad.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Fondop absolutely thick.

Sheltons miss awful. 

Reid would have taken at least 1 of those chances if he was even close to being match sharp.

He's been given no minutes this season and then thrown in from the start

Been completely mismanaged

Shelton should have scored though.

• Like 2

Just now, St92 said:

Reid would have taken at least 1 of those chances if he was even close to being match sharp.

He's been given no minutes this season and then thrown in from the start

Been completely mismanaged

Shelton should have scored though.

I agree about the mismanagement of Reid, but come on, he’s missed an absolute sitter. Being match sharp has absolutely nothing to do with him missing that chance.