MATCH: Bromley (A) 16/09/23

Just back from the game. Another £150 down the swanny, gluten for punishment. 
Nothing to add on the game, it’s all been said already. 
Was stood 2m from Frank throughout the game, and had a calm chat with him at HT and FT. It’s been widely spoken about what he said about paying his wages etc, and I agree with the vast majority that he shouldn’t be saying that, especially when we’re 2-0 down before HT away at Bromley, as that rightly pisses people off. 
He was one of the last to leave at FT and made time for all the fans who came to him. There was no bitterness or animosity towards him at all, and almost everyone shook his hand, thanked him for what he had done and told him it’s time for DU to go, he took shook hands, asked people their names and thanked them for coming. He was 100% taken aback by some of the comments made to him, and whilst i’m not saying he’s changed his mind, he absolutely knows the majority of fans standpoint on this. 
People rightly pointing out about 1000-1500 home fans leaving already, and we are 22nd (net 23rd) with this level of backing etc. 

Couple of direct quotes from Frank at FT:

”I didn’t realise just how unpopular he was”

”We lost last season 3-0 to Bromley, spent a load of money, and lost 3-0 again”

He may well have been naive enough to think it was a vocal minority who shout for him to go, and hurl abuse, but after today, mark my words he knows the fans opinion! 

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

As requested. 

Oh another couple of classy ones. 

That’s just off one page. I’m not precious about bad language in the slightest, just don’t understand the personal digs to strangers on the internet. 

Very strange. 

That's clearly not me calling someone a cunt. So do better

6 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

He's not getting sacked is he? Everything else round the club is great, but this guy feels like the Lemmys all over again. He's safe because his mates are in charge. What more needs to happen for him to go?

I genuinely think they must see something we don't if he stays. Can't see how now

2 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

I genuinely think they must see something we don't if he stays. Can't see how now

I can only think it's stability for stability sake at this point, with the amount of managers we've had. Conspiracy theories aside that's all I've got 

Edited by Guy Branston Pickle

8 hours ago, The Greek said:

FAO Mcfluff1985, there’s no need to be so damned unpleasant on here. There’s room for decent discussion without having to reduce yourself to gutter language. 

Take him out of any future discussions by blocking him

It's been absolutely heaven since I did.

I appreciate everyone's emotions are running high, but please keep it civil - there are plenty of other places that you can be nasty *x - cough* but we'd rather keep the debate on the topic side of things rather than just calling each other names either directly, or as sub-text. 

Cheers.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

I can only think it's stability for stability sake at this point, with the amount of managers we've had. Conspiracy theories aside that's all I've got 

Maybe they think we'll have another good run 2nd half of the season and finish mid table again, with the hope we finally get promoted at the third time of asking next season.

Some plan 😴

11 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Take him out of any future discussions by blocking him

It's been absolutely heaven since I did.

Have you really blocked someone unless you tell everyone you've blocked them 18 times a day? (I realise I'm one of the lucky ones to be blocked by you btw)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, daniel said:

Was stood 2m from Frank throughout the game, and had a calm chat with him at HT and FT. It’s been widely spoken about what he said about paying his wages etc, and I agree with the vast majority that he shouldn’t be saying that, especially when we’re 2-0 down before HT away at Bromley, as that rightly pisses people off. 
He was one of the last to leave at FT and made time for all the fans who came to him. There was no bitterness or animosity towards him at all, and almost everyone shook his hand, thanked him for what he had done and told him it’s time for DU to go, he took shook hands, asked people their names and thanked them for coming. He was 100% taken aback by some of the comments made to him, and whilst i’m not saying he’s changed his mind, he absolutely knows the majority of fans standpoint on this. 
People rightly pointing out about 1000-1500 home fans leaving already, and we are 22nd (net 23rd) with this level of backing etc. 

He may well have been naive enough to think it was a vocal minority who shout for him to go, and hurl abuse, but after today, mark my words he knows the fans opinion! 

I was one of those who respectfully asked him later on in the second half, what is the plan and what are our targets this season? He couldn't answer me and I know I kind of put him on the spot, I did tell him I appreciated what him and his family have done. I felt terrible for him, because he looked absolutely gutted. As I said on Twitter he was hurting a lot more today than anybody else. The club needs to do something very soon. Because even the most patient and those that have seen it all are now starting to turn. Don't give Unsworth 2 more games, put him and us out of our misery. Also it looked as though the players had downed tools too. Get him gone!

Edited by Canada_latic

17 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Have you really blocked someone unless you tell everyone you've blocked them 18 times a day? (I realise I'm one of the lucky ones to be blocked by you btw)

Is there any chance you can stop the antagonism and wind ups for a day or so? Ta.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, daniel said:

Really interesting to hear this. And this is why I disagree that he should be told to stay off the terraces. 

He has his views about negative chanting and voices that rightly or wrongly, but still fronts up and takes the time out to listen to fans. And it’s those interactions that may have made the biggest difference. 

We are in an extremely fortunate position with the Rothwells. 

• Like 3

The ‘morning after’ comment:

Following yesterdays continuing shambles on the pitch, the evidence that Unsworth is not the man to take the club forward is now irrefutable.

The pressure on the board to make either a statement or a decision on the future management of this club has reached a critical level.

As fans we have options as to how we express our frustration and dissatisfaction with our current situation - and the board of the club are only too aware of this.

We have two home games in the next seven days. The number of home fans will continue to fall and the negative atmosphere in the ground will continue to rise if we fail to win (either or both).

There is a decision to be made. The loyalty shown to the manager by the board is admirable but we have now reached the point where they have to put this aside and think of the longer term. 
The vast majority of fans can see that Unsworth is not the man to take us forward - his time is done.

We can only hope that the board have reached the same conclusion and make the right decision.

And soon please.

• Like 5

Going back to the match yesterday it could well have been half a dozen, they had a man stroll the length of the pitch and slide someone in only to have it disallowed and missed a penalty, it was embarrassing enough hearing Bromley fans taking the piss at their Leisure Centre but I can't even remember a significant shot on target for us.

How is this manager still employed by us, if he doesn't go today Tuesday is going to be horrendous and I dread to think what will happen.

On 9/16/2023 at 9:06 AM, True Tic said:

Surely not? Reid , Nuttall and Willoughby , I thought they were part and parcel of our promotion push this season. Particularly Willoughby, we’ve hardly seen the poor lad. Where did you hear this? 

Willoughby nearly signed for another NL team on loan two weeks ago. He'll end up back at Chester...