MATCH: Bromley (A) 16/09/23

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Is there any chance you can stop the antagonism and wind ups for a day or so? Ta.

I know it’s an open forum but please can you suspend his account ? He literally does nothing but respond to my posts to wind me up, amongst others. I know I could block him, but it’s best for all just for him to be banned if he persists. It’s blatant trolling on a consistent basis. 

Edited by LightDN123

12 hours ago, League one forever said:

It was the most honest he’s been, and I actually felt for him- he looked broken. Just needs putting out of his misery now. 

Me too. I`ve been a critic of DU's management from quite early on. I watched the interview twice, the second from the perspective of, "What if that was my dad?". I would give him a big hug at home and advise him to get out of the firing line ASAP as it's clearly not working and will not be good for his health. 

11 hours ago, daniel said:

Just back from the game. Another £150 down the swanny, gluten for punishment. 
Nothing to add on the game, it’s all been said already. 
Was stood 2m from Frank throughout the game, and had a calm chat with him at HT and FT. It’s been widely spoken about what he said about paying his wages etc, and I agree with the vast majority that he shouldn’t be saying that, especially when we’re 2-0 down before HT away at Bromley, as that rightly pisses people off. 
He was one of the last to leave at FT and made time for all the fans who came to him. There was no bitterness or animosity towards him at all, and almost everyone shook his hand, thanked him for what he had done and told him it’s time for DU to go, he took shook hands, asked people their names and thanked them for coming. He was 100% taken aback by some of the comments made to him, and whilst i’m not saying he’s changed his mind, he absolutely knows the majority of fans standpoint on this. 
People rightly pointing out about 1000-1500 home fans leaving already, and we are 22nd (net 23rd) with this level of backing etc. 

Couple of direct quotes from Frank at FT:

”I didn’t realise just how unpopular he was”

”We lost last season 3-0 to Bromley, spent a load of money, and lost 3-0 again”

He may well have been naive enough to think it was a vocal minority who shout for him to go, and hurl abuse, but after today, mark my words he knows the fans opinion! 

I’ll take some credit for DU getting sacked I think 😂

In all seriousness though, I think he realised 2nd half what was happening and what the vast vast majority want. I think the fans remaining calm and actually putting their point across in such a manner actually helped, and fair play to Frank for being the last to leave and listening to every single person who approached him. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, daniel said:

I’ll take some credit for DU getting sacked I think 😂

In all seriousness though, I think he realised 2nd half what was happening and what the vast vast majority want. I think the fans remaining calm and actually putting their point across in such a manner actually helped, and fair play to Frank for being the last to leave and listening to every single person who approached him. 

being honest, that last part cracks open the door to a different type of hope than the one lm clinging to atm.

2 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

I know it’s an open forum but please can you suspend his account ? He literally does nothing but respond to my posts to wind me up, amongst others. I know I could block him, but it’s best for all just for him to be banned if he persists. It’s blatant trolling on a consistent basis. 

Just ignore - we're not going to kick someone off just because they're irritating, in someone's opinion. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheBigDog said:

Whose opinion do you take when you do ban someone then?

You've got be a real piece of work to get booted off for good. Some say we're too harsh, other say not enough - there's one user who has had more reports against them than anyone else. They still post.

3 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

You know he's on the wind up yet still respond ?

Some posters are worth responding to some are best ignored.......it's a personal choice. 🙂

6 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

have to agree.

'blocking' people is only speeding humanity towards an ignorant, catastrophic ending.

despite its obvious good intentions.

Welcome back son, I'd missed you

No way you'd ever get blocked, you're good fun and never nasty with it.

Infact, as a gesture that things have changed dramatically today and because some might of seen the light, as the argument they were making has followed the manager out the door.

I'm going to unblock all my previous friends on here and enjoy a whole new perspective from them towards the new guy who's bound to get their juices flowing once again 👍

1 hour ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Welcome back son, I'd missed you

No way you'd ever get blocked, you're good fun and never nasty with it.

Infact, as a gesture that things have changed dramatically today and because some might of seen the light, as the argument they were making has followed the manager out the door.

I'm going to unblock all my previous friends on here and enjoy a whole new perspective from them towards the new guy who's bound to get their juices flowing once again 👍

it wasnt that long!!

ironically lm only back to call for patience and to msg BPAS to say l'll go on there as a lightning rod 🤣

l was temporary abandoning my possibly misguided puma boycott on tuesday for a combination of personal blackmail reasons that havent actually happened (but probs would) and as a one man fight against attendance erosion. so hopefully l can see a part one of piss 3/4's of the league and the attendance erosion part is now voided.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, longtimeblue said:

Taking this shit far too seriously if you're sending reports about people and blocking them. Jeez.

for clarification l meant humanity is wilfully zooming towards apocolypse fuelled by its thin skin in general.

not bc of OWTB.

infact OWTB could save us, in the right hands with the right terminator using the mouse.

35 minutes ago, longtimeblue said:

Taking this shit far too seriously if you're sending reports about people and blocking them. Jeez.

The shit's been sorted today and it's a new start for everyone on here

Even McDuff gets to strut his stuff again and hopefully BP1960 will return, now the main reason for him leaving, has Jack shit left to be nasty about 😏

Just now, Littlemoor Lad said:

The shit's been sorted today and it's a new start for everyone on here

Even McDuff gets to strut his stuff again and hopefully BP1960 will return, now the main reason for him leaving, has Jack shit left to be nasty about 😏

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

have l missed BP quitting ffs l enjoy them. have to wait to the depths of winter now for the next one

• Matt unfeatured this topic