MATCH: Dagenham and Redbridge (H) 07/10/23

38 minutes ago, JoeP said:

This one. 

Him, Hogan and Hudson the only ones to come away with any credit 👍

Garbage. Hobson was head and shoulders above everyone else and even spent 75 minutes covering for Sutton. Even Shelton was covering for him. Shudder the thought.

I read on here that there were cries for Sutton to play in midfield.

I wholeheartedly agree. As long as it isn't ours.

Whilst Sutton is a Square peg, his decision making is awful. He turned and passed the ball into our own penalty area in the first half on his weaker foot when it was crowded with opposition players.

He should have hit it into row z.

He believes his own hype and whilst Hobson and Hogan can actually play out of trouble, he just wins headers which make him look "good", but invariably gives the ball back.

Worst right back since Steve Edwards.

Edit: makes Connoire Brun look like Cafu.

Edited by L1onheartNew

3 minutes ago, Wardie said:

He was on the pitch but does that answer your question?

Yes.

Can’t say anything bad about him on here though.

If you want promotion, Green, Sheron and and Sutton should be anywhere near statrting.

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

Thought Lundstrum was piss poor today, if that was Shelton he'd have been getting absolute pelters, hardly ever makes a forward pass and big step back on Tuesday.

So, are we saying Lundstrum is not match-fit, not the player we think he is or being told to play that way?

Right. 

I’ve defended the points return. 

But it’s not exaggerating to say that was fucking awful, and they could and should have been out of sight. 

Sutton did the defensive side well, but he and Green down that right hand side is woeful. Watching a centre half trying to a cross a ball on the overlap  is just painful. GET FREEMAN AT RIGHT BACK. 

I don’t know what’s happening with dicky, but if Kitch doesn’t overlap we have nothing coming down the left. 

Lundstram isn’t fit. 

Reid a ghost, who made no effort to link with Norwood. 

Why do we look absolutely bereft of any ideas when in possession???

We’re either nowhere near as fit compared to other teams, or the players are coasting. 

The body language of the players is shite, lots of heads down, no zip, no tempo or intensity to our play- especially going toward. 

Yes the squad is imbalanced, and we need additions but we can’t give it ST on that. We look miles off it. 

• Like 1

Two very frustrating home games. In the end lucky not to loose both as both of these teams passed the ball far better than us. Very disappointing.

The players need to take responsibility for their poor performances. Hobson was possibly the only one who had a good game.     

Its going to be a long Winter!!!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Thought Lundstrum was piss poor today, if that was Shelton he'd have been getting absolute pelters, hardly ever makes a forward pass and big step back on Tuesday.

Give over, he’s obviously a player and he’s streets ahead of most of this lot but a lack of movement from his teammates is not really his fault!!

13 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Reid a ghost, who made no effort to link with Norwood.

I was going to mention it last week, granted, Reid has put the ball in the back of the net lately but am I the only one who thinks he’s a bloody awful footballer!

Lundstrum isn't match fit

Dickinson isn't match fit (weirdly)

Green can't put in more than a decent half, half hour normally.

That's 3/4 of our midfield that are in and out of the game, overrun for the last hour - it's no wonder Sheron went off he was probably fucked, defended quite well at times but the build up was painful, they looked like they had three more players than us, Reid an absolute passenger missed a sitter to make it 2.

We have a board who are dithering and dathering, whoever comes in needs players because this squad just isn't good enough, Raglan and Freeman cant make the 16 yet are on very good money for this level, midfield options from the bench are embarrassing really.

We've played 6 teams out of the bottom 8 and the last four games against teams 15th, 21st, 22nd and 23rd we've been comprehensively outplayed, it's embarrassing really.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Give over, he’s obviously a player and he’s streets ahead of most of this lot but a lack of movement from his teammates is not really his fault!!

That's just bollocks, he didn't carry us forward or even look for a forward pass, I know he's not up to speed yet but he offered fuck all today, I'm not writing him off merely pointing out his piss poor performance today. 

What's all this bollocks swapping Green and Dickinson over as well, both had joy early on and the switch fucking killed us as we just ended up playing too narrow. 

1 hour ago, IanMarshall's Mullet said:

This is a good post from Twitter that is  probably correct -

Unbalanced squad, unbalanced bench, players not fit, coached badly for well over a year. 
This is why DU should have been sacked ages ago. On the board this for not sacking sooner and appointing a manager sooner 

The last manager has gone and the players after a couple of good wins appear to be reverting to type.

Something, (whatever it was) didn't go right in the recruitment process this summer.

All is not lost as we do have a half decent squad with good players within it and with a few key signings could turn into a promotion chasing one. The difficulty will be not just finding those players but also getting a few of the current ones out the door first as that will be important in getting the players we need in.

24 minutes ago, League one forever said:

The body language of the players is shite, lots of heads down, no zip, no tempo or intensity to our play- especially going toward. 

Yes the squad is imbalanced, and we need additions but we can’t give it ST on that. We look miles off it. 

This is my biggest problem, everything is slowed down, from the goalkeeper to the throw ins we just don't show any urgency, no movement, no showing for one another, dare I say no desire. 

I said about two weeks ago if we give it Thompson then give him the players he needs, we are currently sleep walking in to mediocrity and again it's the board making a pigs ear of things, should have fucked Unsworth off earlier and now fucking about replacing him, fucking clueless for me.

19 behind Chesterfield and 8 behind fucking Altrincham despite being 6 unbeaten. Like you say we are currently miles away.

For the first time in years I barely followed todays game, I did hear we were 1 up after a few mins but then when I heard it was still 1-0 well into the second half I pretty much knew what the final score would be…and sure enough, logged on now to see the inevitable!

This squad simply don’t give a shit about the club and have no desire or self determination to get fit and at a minimum out fight the opposition.

Unsworth was obviously a disaster but, there is nothing to stop individual players showing some grit and dedication to their fecking profession!

I am not going to waste any more of my money on this lot for a while.

1 hour ago, L1onheartNew said:

Garbage. Hobson was head and shoulders above everyone else and even spent 75 minutes covering for Sutton. Even Shelton was covering for him. Shudder the thought.

Whilst Sutton is a Square peg, his decision making is awful. He turned and passed the ball into our own penalty area in the first half on his weaker foot when it was crowded with opposition players.

He believes his own hype and whilst Hobson and Hogan can actually play out of trouble, he just wins headers which make him look "good", but invariably gives the ball back.

have to agree. He’s not a right back and poss the best we have who is fit right now but he’s a liability. All over place defensively and passing is horrendous.

Not the main prob though. Midfield as a unit are really poor. We can’t hold the ball and as a result get pinned in our own half by very poor sides. Front two hold up play also needs to be called into question 

1 hour ago, L1onheartNew said:

Aww, I liked Steve Edwards, always gave 100% 😀

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Lundstrum isn't match fit

Dickinson isn't match fit (weirdly)

Green can't put in more than a decent half, half hour normally.

That's 3/4 of our midfield that are in and out of the game, overrun for the last hour - it's no wonder Sheron went off he was probably fucked, defended quite well at times but the build up was painful, they looked like they had three more players than us, Reid an absolute passenger missed a sitter to make it 2.

We have a board who are dithering and dathering, whoever comes in needs players because this squad just isn't good enough, Raglan and Freeman cant make the 16 yet are on very good money for this level, midfield options from the bench are embarrassing really.

We've played 6 teams out of the bottom 8 and the last four games against teams 15th, 21st, 22nd and 23rd we've been comprehensively outplayed, it's embarrassing really.

yep I quite like Dickerson and green, when they have their 15 mins playing well. But they disappear for long spells and as u point out we then get over run. 

when we go to 3 up top we have no width without Reid as one of the 3. 

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

This is my biggest problem, everything is slowed down, from the goalkeeper to the throw ins we just don't show any urgency, no movement, no showing for one another, dare I say no desire. 

I said about two weeks ago if we give it Thompson then give him the players he needs, we are currently sleep walking in to mediocrity and again it's the board making a pigs ear of things, should have fucked Unsworth off earlier and now fucking about replacing him, fucking clueless for me.

19 behind Chesterfield and 8 behind fucking Altrincham despite being 6 unbeaten. Like you say we are currently miles away.

There’s lot of issues of our own making. 

As soon as Freeman was back- he walks into the side. But a young centre half is preferred. 

Green and Dicky need a rest- but Hope and Tolitt rarely even make the bench. 

We bring Kurt on as a winger. . . 

Then there’s issues that should be non negotiable.

We’re getting out worked. 

The players are coasting and look on easy street.

We have no tempo or intensity. 

Then there’s coaching issues. 

We have no pattern of play. 

We look bereft of one single plan of how to attack. 

Starting to think ST just wants to be everyone’s mate. . . 

It’s all just plodding along. Not good enough. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IanMarshall's Mullet said:

This is a good post from Twitter that is  probably correct -

Unbalanced squad, unbalanced bench, players not fit, coached badly for well over a year. 
This is why DU should have been sacked ages ago. On the board this for not sacking sooner and appointing a manager sooner 

But @lookersstandandy told me the board only made good decisions