Micky Mellon Sack Watch

9 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I think quite a few have mind their mind up on MM- which is obviously their prerogative, but it never ends well when the fans turn. And I think that’s a great shame- all feels very Ronnie Moore this. 

Have the fans turned?

The sack the manager brigade are saying sack the manager, but they always say that.

The moaners are moaning, but they always moan.

Everyone else is just feeling depressed and frustrated about it, especially as Saturday had that first game in the NL Dorking game feel about it and we were  badly let down and it just feels worse than most other games.

We have all had a grumble , got it off our chests and will forgive the players (slightly) if we win on Tuesday.

No way have we turned on MM!!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

I saw MM many times on Saturday urging his players to push up.

The ball did go forward, but it was via the big boot in the air.

I think by forward fans mean taking the game to the opposition which unfortunately has been rarely seen at BP.

No they don't. They mean playing the ball forward, aiming optional.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

I don't. You post it enough that even brief followers of this will know Wiseowl 

You lose all credibility. One last time. I am not a re-incarnation of anyone else. Got it?

I`ve been criticised by some for being negative. I have yet to see anything resembling a decent standard of football since coming back. I`ve mainly watched head tennis and poor teams play us off the park. When I do see some good football on the pitch, I`ll let you know. 

FWIW I am mightily impressed with what the owner has done to save the club, raise its profile, his fantastic charitable work, the general buzz created around BP; it's absolutely brilliant. If the stuff on the pitch was anywhere near where it should be, we'd be getting 8,000 home fans every week in my view. Saturday was a golden opportunity to entice some floaters back and, as a city fan said to me walking away from the ground, "How does anyone watch that week in week out?" Massive opportunity lost and the backroom staff, management and players really need to be held accountable.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, spanishfly said:

You lose all credibility. One last time. I am not a re-incarnation of anyone else. Got it?

I`ve been criticised by some for being negative. I have yet to see anything resembling a decent standard of football since coming back. I`ve mainly watched head tennis and poor teams play us off the park. When I do see some good football on the pitch, I`ll let you know. 

FWIW I am mightily impressed with what the owner has done to save the club, raise its profile, his fantastic charitable work, the general buzz created around BP; it's absolutely brilliant. If the stuff on the pitch was anywhere near where it should be, we'd be getting 8,000 home fans every week in my view. Saturday was a golden opportunity to entice some floaters back and, as a city fan said to me walking away from the ground, "How does anyone watch that week in week out?" Massive opportunity lost and the backroom staff, management and players really need to be held accountable.

A good post from someone who sees it as it really is.

I'm the same, when the manager gets the team to play decent football attacking football 

I'll let you know too.

• Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, Only Blue said:

Have the fans turned?

The sack the manager brigade are saying sack the manager, but they always say that.

The moaners are moaning, but they always moan.

Everyone else is just feeling depressed and frustrated about it, especially as Saturday had that first game in the NL Dorking game feel about it and we were  badly let down and it just feels worse than most other games.

We have all had a grumble , got it off our chests and will forgive the players (slightly) if we win on Tuesday.

No way have we turned on MM!!!

The lack of balance in the debate suggests to me that many on here have already turned.  Those of us who can acknowledge how poor we are at home whilst still seeing he’s doing ok in the big picture are in the minority in my view. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, League one forever said:

The lack of balance in the debate suggests to me that many on here have already turned.  Those of us who can acknowledge how poor we are at home whilst still seeing he’s doing ok in the big picture are in the minority in my view. 

Hi League One. For various reasons, I struggle to get to away games but I am going to try because I need to see with my own eyes how we can be so Jekyll and Hyde. The problem is the vast majority can/will only get to home games and the football is dire. I cannot fathom how a team can have such contrasting form. Surely, good management would make the necessary tweaks and sort it? (I`m for keeeping MM btw). I don't think there is a groundswell of opinion against MM. Certainly not waht I am picking up generally. I think people will vent after such an awful showing in front of a big crowd, that's all.

15 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

What does a successful end to the season look like for the Mellonballers? Would reaching the playoffs but not winning them be seen as OK given it is all about results?

If we finish in the playoffs - he’s done a very good job. 

If we finish just outside the playoffs - he’s done ok, and still gets next season. 

If, after a summer of recruitment we are still really poor at home, then he will be under pressure. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

What does a successful end to the season look like for the Mellonballers? Would reaching the playoffs but not winning them be seen as OK given it is all about results?

Yes. Would still be progress, would still be our 3rd best season in 30 odd years.

Next season, nothing less than promotion is the aim

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, spanishfly said:

Hi League One. For various reasons, I struggle to get to away games but I am going to try because I need to see with my own eyes how we can be so Jekyll and Hyde. The problem is the vast majority can/will only get to home games and the football is dire. I cannot fathom how a team can have such contrasting form. Surely, good management would make the necessary tweaks and sort it? (I`m for keeeping MM btw). I don't think there is a groundswell of opinion against MM. Certainly not waht I am picking up generally. I think people will vent after such an awful showing in front of a big crowd, that's all.

Don’t get me wrong it’s not the champagne football people want away from home, but we’re effective. It’s suits us to sit in when we’re away, and let the pressure build on the home side. We then counter attack with more fluency, and look like we can actually pass a ball on occasion. Put the biggest difference in my view, is we compete and the tempo is better. We look ‘at it’ away, (or MM puts it, willing to go to war) whereas at home everything looks so slow and laboured. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Yes. Would still be progress, would still be our 3rd best season in 30 odd years.

Agreed, and if we don’t go up and he starts badly next season - then quite rightly he’s under massive pressure. 

I honestly haven't seen anyone on here whose suggested Mellon should be replaced so can we please stop with all this Mellon Outers shite.

I also think most can recognise that we are punching above away from home and under performing at home, on that basis why can't we debate our poor form on our own patch and Mellon's inability to react to it, it's a problem particularly if we want to attract new fans and it could well prove an achilles heel to our season if we finish 4th or 5th. Being disappointed and voicing displeasure doesn't necessarily mean we want Mellon out, I'm as disappointed as the next man, I have no interest in chopping and changing managers again but i think it's critical that Mellon and Brabin need to find a way to make us a better watch at home.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Agreed, and if we don’t go up and he starts badly next season - then quite rightly he’s under massive pressure. 

Absolutely. I have full faith that with a full summer break him and Brabin will get it right. I think it's easy to underestimate the damage giving Unsworth last summer and the first 9 or 10 games has done.

3 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Absolutely. I have full faith that with a full summer break him and Brabin will get it right. I think it's easy to underestimate the damage giving Unsworth last summer and the first 9 or 10 games has done.

The form table said he had every right to be given that time though...

11 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

It's actually our second worst season in 30 years regardless of where we finish, we are playing in a pub league with the highest paid manager and best paid squad.

7th for me would be abject failure given what's been thrown at this team.

Personally 3rd for me would be acceptable anything else given the players and backroom staff we've got would be failure.

If we don't go up I would have similar expectations next season and if Mellon can't get a team to contend from the off then I'd question if he's the man, particularly if he continues with his mind numbing brand of football.

2 hours ago, shaw_blue said:

It wasn't a criticism of anybody not attending, more of an observation the performance on Saturday was no different than the vast majority of home games this season, it would have been far more of a suprise if we had played well and steam rolled Kidderminster because we haven't done that once at BP this season and i include Aldershot because even that game we were clinging on at certain points. 

Thankfully it's not really an option for me to get to games regularly...

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

It's actually our second worst season in 30 years regardless of where we finish, we are playing in a pub league with the highest paid manager and best paid squad.

Or, after 30 odd years of us being on an almost constant downward curve is it the beginning of progress in the opposite direction? We're winning the majority of our games, in a decent position to get in the playoffs and even if we don't go up this year its probably a matter of time until we do 

Suppose that's too positive for this place

14 hours ago, Wardie said:

A team won't win promotion on away wins alone. The home form has to be sorted and points taken at BP as well, which at the moment, would only be improved if they played behind closed doors. Imagine if the pandemic was on now, we would be top of the league. :D 

Well if we finish 7th by winning all our away games then we will have 3 away games to get promotion..

13 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I honestly haven't seen anyone on here whose suggested Mellon should be replaced so can we please stop with all this Mellon Outers shite.

I also think most can recognise that we are punching above away from home and under performing at home, on that basis why can't we debate our poor form on our own patch and Mellon's inability to react to it, it's a problem particularly if we want to attract new fans and it could well prove an achilles heel to our season if we finish 4th or 5th. Being disappointed and voicing displeasure doesn't necessarily mean we want Mellon out, I'm as disappointed as the next man, I have no interest in chopping and changing managers again but i think it's critical that Mellon and Brabin need to find a way to make us a better watch at home.

It disturbed me to hear MM say he doesn't know what goes wrong at home yet practically every fan who's watched the team play at BP can tell him it's

the obsession with 7 at the back which just invites the opposition to attack us and gain confidence knowing we haven't the players to attack them.

If he persists with it again against Southen on Saturday who we know are a good footballing team it will be no different.

He needs to adapt and I for one hope he does so.