Micky Mellon Sack Watch

Everything was right pre game, the stage was set, Frank coming home, a big crowd, a home fixture, and all we had to do was put in a decent performance against yet another  team in the bottom four but we didn’t even come close.

For the umpteenth time this season we were out fought, out thought, and generally footballed to death!

Another totally embarrassing performance in front of our home supporters from a woefully inadequate and massively under prepared team.

You cannot make any more excuses for this shambles of a side who don’t appear to have the faintest idea of how to play the game.

I don’t know the solution but Mellon and Brabin are clearly struggling here!

• Like 8

Lundstrum after today must have run out of chances and Sheron can't be that far behind him, neither can pick a pass or help in any way getting us further up the pitch, Hobson did more from centrehalf than either today. Conlon must think who the fuck am I playing with in here when he sees balls just aimlessly hoofed or misplaced continuously, we've brought players in again without addressing the key areas and until we do we will continue to put in piss poor performances, add to that the management team have banished half the playing squad, won't play the youth and putting all their faith in a group who continuously make them and the fans look like a bunch of cunts, Kidderminster fans singing 'we are staying up' perfectly sums up the afternoon for me, inept, turgid, soulless - it was embarrassing and exasperating in equal measure and this highly paid coaching team need to get some answers out of this well paid bunch of players because it just isn't good enough. I'm really not arsed what Mellon has to say now I've heard the shite about what the town and the people deserves, it's about time we started to see something different at BP because for me it's becoming a chore sitting through the same tripe on a matchday, nobody is going to return after watching that today and that is a massive shame for me.

• Like 10

55 minutes ago, diggleblue said:

Er what about Atherton as B.P has suggested. If he can be M.O.M against M.U under 21 then surely he would be as least as good as lundstram if not better. Use what we have and give our current so called midfield a kick up the arse.

I'm glad now Atherton wasn't selected, trying to get on the end of hoof ball would have destroyed the lads confidence, and he has plenty of that. Maybe MM thinks that too and is protecting him?

• Like 1

The same issues persist in the middle. We have Nathan Sheron in the middle. Lundstram looks petrified.Hammond not good enough. Conlon not fit enough. 

We still have not sorted the right back situation. 

We have absolutely not width in the side. 

I don’t want Reid back. But if it means Kitchen pulls his finger out for the next 12 games, we might have to consider it. He’s been awful since his best mate dropped out. 

Garner looked absolutely knackered from minute one yesterday. The centre backs took on step up and he was out the game. He’s more than likely fucking knackered, but he was a major issue yesterday. Effectively played with 10 men. 

Mellon said himself he wants to play more football. But this team are just not capable of doing it effectively. They are absolutely petrified of the ball, which was shown yesterday by the midfield. We need players who want it and can look after it in tight areas. Can drive us forward and pick out a pass. Only Conlon can do that, but he’s coming back from a long term injury and expected to play Saturday Tuesday. 

Until the midfield and the wide areas are sorted, we are a horrible team to watch, it’s that simple. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LightDN123 said:

The same issues persist in the middle. We have Nathan Sheron in the middle. Lundstram looks petrified.Hammond not good enough. Conlon not fit enough. 

We have absolutely not width in the side. 

I don’t want Reid back. But if it means Kitchen pulls his finger out for the next 12 games, we might have to consider it. He’s been awful since his best mate dropped out. 

Garner looked absolutely knackered from minute one yesterday. The centre backs took on step up and he was out the game. He’s more than likely fucking knackered, but he was a major issue yesterday. Effectively played with 10 men. 

Mellon said himself he wants to play more football. But this team are just not capable of doing it effectively. They are absolutely petrified of the ball, which was shown yesterday by the midfield. We need players who want it and can look after it in tight areas. Can drive us forward and pick out a pass. Only Conlon can do that, but he’s coming back from a long term injury and expected to play Saturday Tuesday. 

Until the midfield and the wide areas are sorted, we are a horrible team to watch, it’s that simple. 

I really hope that the reason for Conlon playing how he is currently is because of the injury. He has to play every game so can’t be rested, so hopefully is being told to play within himself for now. 

Like you say, he’s our best creative player but I barely remember him touching the ball in the channel between the centre circle and the D. Surely that’s where he’s most effective rather than picking the ball up off the wing back in his own half, or competing for headers off goal kicks. 

Lundstram is a mystery. I don’t even know what type of midfielder he’s supposed to be. Box to box? Holding/defensive? He plays in lots of different positions but doesn’t look comfortable anywhere. Shelton I think was messed around by Unsworth, we played in a way that didn’t play to his strengths. I’m wondering if the same is happening with Lundstram? Is he the wrong sort of midfielder for a Mellon team?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

For the umpteenth time this season we were out fought, out thought, and generally footballed to death!

Another totally embarrassing performance in front of our home supporters from a woefully inadequate and massively under prepared team.

You cannot make any more excuses for this shambles of a side who don’t appear to have the faintest idea of how to play the game.

I don’t know the solution but Mellon and Brabin are clearly struggling here!

8 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

… balls just aimlessly hoofed or misplaced continuously - it was embarrassing and exasperating in equal measure and this highly paid coaching team need to get some answers out of this well paid bunch of players because it just isn't good enough.
…it's becoming a chore sitting through the same tripe on a matchday, 

3 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

They are absolutely petrified of the ball, which was shown yesterday by the midfield. We need players who want it and can look after it in tight areas. Can drive us forward and pick out a pass. 

The above posts sum up how I feel about the playing side of the club at the moment.

I do not accept the lazy justification that some continue to trot out - namely that Melon has inherited bad players and we should judge him when he’s allowed to bring in his own footballers.

He has brought in six and how’s that going?

It is a collective responsibility I know but it’s down to Melon to change the absolute dross we are witnessing at home - quite simply I am sick of it 😮

• Like 2

Thankfully constantly sacking managers has worked wonders for us in the past. I bet other managers can't wait to work for a club who's fans wanted to sack a manager who had them in the PO places and 2nd/3rd in the form table 

Best fans in the league 😎

The home form is poor, and he needs to sort it. But sacking him is a mental suggestion. Absolutely zero patience in the game anymore

Edited by Guy Branston Pickle
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

I still can't get over him effectively saying he couldn't coach players to keep possession better, alarm bells should be ringing in the boardroom.

I’d say he’s overachieving with this shower, 3rd in the form league still and in still in the playoffs.

I know for a fact the board are happy with him.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

I’d say he’s overachieving with this shower, 3rd in the form league still and in still in the playoffs.

I know for a fact the board are happy with him.

If the board are happy with 11,000  unhappy fans they are fools.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

If the board are happy with 11,000  unhappy fans they are fools.

I’d say they are more rational then most of the “so called “ fans on here.

Thank the lord for small mercies and all that!!.

13 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

Well, you are completely entitled to your opinion.

I don't get any sense of urgency from anybody, 3 year contract for a manager, must be a rarity at this level but after Unsworth did it send out the right message?

FA Trophy, great opportunity to get to at least a semi final when you see how the draw opened up, just brushed off as irrelevant.

Hope, Reid, players you would assume are on decent money, basically isolated, nobody seems to be questioning it.

It all just seems a bit cosy.

• Like 2

Certainly not for sacking as many have said here. But the football style is terrible as highlighted yesterday. Teams like Kidderminster can pass the ball effectively in their build up play and we are totally incapable of that. Being gritty is not the answer and the hoofball and head tennis must somehow be changed.

Interesting yesterday that just before they scored their second I could see we were preparing a substitution. Lundstram was going to be taken off on the fourth official's  board but then it was changed to Hammond after they scored. 

Dallas offered nothing and Fondop would have been more of a threat if he had been kept on the pitch. Yes, he was on a yellow but MM should have bitten the bullet and kept him on. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I don't get any sense of urgency from anybody, 3 year contract for a manager, must be a rarity at this level but after Unsworth did it send out the right message?

FA Trophy, great opportunity to get to at least a semi final when you see how the draw opened up, just brushed off as irrelevant.

Hope, Reid, players you would assume are on decent money, basically isolated, nobody seems to be questioning it.

It all just seems a bit cosy.

It’s not cosy.