Micky Mellon Sack Watch

Unsworth got 12 months in the job and that's the absolute minimum for any manger at any club, unless he rogers the Chairman's cat.  Don't blame Mellon for keeping schtum, he knows how the usual crap comes across, lets hope he saves his voice for the players.

The idea that Frank could, or should, keep paying off managers off like a cheap rent Abramovich, is crackers.    I think we have to hope for the best and fear the worst, situation normal (AFU).

Edited by Punce
sp

1 hour ago, nzlatic said:

Ah the good old Lemsagam reactionary sacking. We should send Lundstram to train with the youths in a pair of kids shorts too. 

Funnily enough his shorts always look too tight. He's either got the thighs of Fatima Whitbread or he's picked up the wrong pair

• Like 1

Sacking him is nonsense. 

But where are people on Mellon? 

Personally I’m a bit perplexed. His record speaks for itself. His PPG is still decent. But these horror shows are inexcusable, it’s not even that we are getting beat. It’s the complete lack of any type of performance from anyone. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, L1onheartNew said:

Can you seriously validate everything you post or are you living vicariously on your previous glories?

At the end of the day, the majority of these players are inherited.

Mellon/Brabin have already improved them to the point of them punching above their weight. 

We are in the playoffs. Attractive attacking football can wait.

We lost today. We were poor.

Get over it.

And what about his half a dozen signings?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Punce said:

Unsworth got 12 months in the job and that's the absolute minimum for any manger at any club, unless he rogers the Chairman's cat.  Don't blame Mellon for keeping schtum, he knows how the usual crap comes across, lets hope he saves his voice for the players.

In the Lemsagam era, it wouldn't actually surprise me if a Club Statement relating to this was produced.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Sacking him is nonsense. 

Personally I’m a bit perplexed. His record speaks for itself. His PPG is still decent. But these horror shows are inexcusable, it’s not even that we are getting beat. It’s the complete lack of any type of performance from anyone. 

He gets plenty of time. That includes if doesn’t make the play offs this season (although I still reckon we will do relatively comfortably). 

Mellon is going nowhere, talk of sacking him is stupid, still he's managed to put out a team at BP week in week out that just doesn't compete and is as bad as anything I've seen at home for quite some time. It's weird how they do it in front of 300 at Maidenhead leisure centre but can't front up to 12,000 at home. Maybe that's (Maidenhead) is their level.

9 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

In the Lemsagam era, it wouldn't actually surprise me if a Club Statement relating to this was produced.

Frank is a passionate man, he has to say to MM today  particularly under the circumstances was totally unacceptable and has to change.

We can't keep having performances like that. 

Edited by BP1960

7 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Mellon is going nowhere, talk of sacking him is stupid, still he's managed to put out a team at BP week in week out that just doesn't compete and is as bad as anything I've seen at home for quite some time. It's weird how they do it in front of 300 at Maidenhead leisure centre but can't front up to 12,000 at home. Maybe that's (Maidenhead) is their level.

Mellon wants to be a hard to beat side that scores goals and doesn’t concede many. When we play away- we sit deep, but counter attack fairly well. This backs up what he says he wants. 

At home, we sit deep, but then look completely lost in possession and offer nothing going forward. 

I can not for the life me understand why we can’t take an away performance and implement it at home. The difference in performance from home to away is massive by every possible measure. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Sacking him is nonsense. 

This. 

We have played well and won about 4 maybe 5 times under Mellon. 

The rest of the wins have been ground out.  Most of these wins have been a horrible watch, still a win is a win

Problem is today, trying to grind a performance and lose- causes lots of unrest and rightly so.  Unsworth was sacked for these types of performances over time.  Only difference  (and it's a big one) is Mellon is winning a lot more, with the odd performance thrown in here and there.

As you say, sacking him is nonsense and also like yourself I've no clue if I'm happy that we are a terrible watch mostly but winning more than we lose!

Edited by deckyd
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Frank is a passionate man, he has to say to MM today  particularly under the circumstances was totally unacceptable and has to change.

We can't keep having performances like that. 

Most of the squad aren't good enough BP. Luckily 8-10 are out of contract at the end of the season but bar Stones the recruitment of MM has been just as bad as Unsworth's. We should still make the playoffs but at the minute we're nowhere near being good side even at this level.

I would be amazed if this lot made the playoffs, no character whatsoever apart from our forwards. Basically we are a lower mid table squad with a dinosaur manager but with a decent forward line that nicks us a few more points than the overall play deserves. 

3 hours ago, GKing521 said:

Mellon out? It's a serious question that needs to be raised. It is totally and utterly inexcusable what has happened today. They've let the fans, the chairman, and the town down.

We've just been rolled by a dog and duck outfit.

You can forget Wembley.

How do we start a thread to sack @GKing521?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

Sacking him is nonsense. 

He is failing.

That performance today was another horror show.

Every single team that comes to BP are better coached, show more energy and work harder than we do.

The team look afraid to play - constantly getting rid of the ball and giving it away, Yet again basic skills and decision making seem to disappear when the opposition put us under any pressure.

The players have to take responsibility but so does the manager. His recruitment has been poor and his tactics and motivation are poor.

He is failing.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

He is failing.

That performance today was another horror show.

Every single team that comes to BP are better coached, show more energy and work harder than we do.

The team look afraid to play - constantly getting rid of the ball and giving it away, Yet again basic skills and decision making seem to disappear when the opposition put us under any pressure.

The players have to take responsibility but so does the manager. His recruitment has been poor and his tactics and motivation are poor.

He is failing.

At home - I agree. 

Away - I disagree. 

Unsy delivered the same shite home and away. Under Mellon, we are a very good side away from home and completely woeful at home. 

24 minutes ago, League one forever said:

At home - I agree. 

Away - I disagree. 

Unsy delivered the same shite home and away. Under Mellon, we are a very good side away from home and completely woeful at home. 

Perhaps - though we have had a few poor away performances under Mellon:

Fylde, Newport plus a smash  ‘n’ grab victory at Dorking and two limited performances at Ebbsfleet and York.

We are bafflingly poor at home and it’s a collective failing that cannot continue 😮

2 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Perhaps - though we have had a few poor away performances under Mellon:

Fylde, Newport plus a smash  ‘n’ grab victory at Dorking and two limited performances at Ebbsfleet and York.

We are bafflingly poor at home and it’s a collective failing that cannot continue 😮

Let’s just wind back a bit. 

Expecting Mellon to turn a side with 1 win 9 to a side that dominates home and away is a massive ask. 

I’d argue - he has largely done a good job away from home (I take your point it’s not every game) 

At home he has largely underachieved- no question. But we have seen the odd good performance- Alty, Eastleigh, Barnet. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, daniel said:

Agree that they‘ve let people down there today, and MM and the players deserve whats coming their way, but to say he should be sacked is nonsense. 
Regardless of league position that squad needs a major overhaul, especially in Midfield. Conlon was good on debut and last Saturday, but has largely been awful in the other games. Hammond has looked good in 1 game and a raffle winner the rest. Sheron is hit and miss, absolutely woeful today and Lundstram has been a disaster of a signing and needs replacing. We simply don’t have any midfielder on the books who can create and dominate a game, and it’s been that way for years. 

Er what about Atherton as B.P has suggested. If he can be M.O.M against M.U under 21 then surely he would be as least as good as lundstram if not better. Use what we have and give our current so called midfield a kick up the arse.

• Like 1