Micky Mellon Sack Watch

2 hours ago, Lukers1 said:

He’s achieving their objectives though.

I find MM likeable and his track record is excellent. If one of the objectives though is to build the fanbase that could be doomed. I`ve just started recently watching us again after living abroad and I`m bored stiff already. Woking was my first game and I didn't think that poor level of schoolboy type head tennis could be repeated  but yesterday was just as bad. I`m already thinking of giving it a break at home and might do a couple of aways because we seem to be a different side away. If we get to the play-offs then the crowds will keep coming. If we don't I think a good few could drop off the home attendance as it's hard to justify £40 or so every week to watch that. 

I don't think sacking MM is even a question yet. 

Edited by spanishfly

24 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I don't get any sense of urgency from anybody, 3 year contract for a manager, must be a rarity at this level but after Unsworth did it send out the right message?

FA Trophy, great opportunity to get to at least a semi final when you see how the draw opened up, just brushed off as irrelevant.

Hope, Reid, players you would assume are on decent money, basically isolated, nobody seems to be questioning it.

It all just seems a bit cosy.

Yeah, it’s really weird isn’t it. 

It’s almost like the board are giving the manager a length of contact that will enable him to build a winning team and to top it off are giving him full autonomy over the playing side. 

Jokers. 

• Like 3

Just now, League one forever said:

Yeah, it’s really weird isn’t it. 

It’s almost like the board are giving the manager a length of contact that will enable him to build a winning team and to top it off are giving him full autonomy over the playing side. 

Jokers. 

He's not getting three years in this league, that's for sure.

And I'm pretty sure questions will be asked if these decisions end up costing us, we certainly aren't a good enough side to have proven players languishing in exile without explanation.

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

He's not getting three years in this league, that's for sure.

Hang on- I thought it was all cosy a minute ago. . are you now saying if he doesn’t cut the mustard they’ll get rid. 

Bloody board again! Making decisions in the clubs best interests at the time. Pathetic. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Hang on- I thought it was all cosy a minute ago. . are you now saying if he doesn’t cut the mustard they’ll get rid. 

Bloody board again! Making decisions in the clubs best interests at the time. Pathetic. 

He'll get longer than he should due to the contract length.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lukers1 said:

I’d say they are more rational then most of the “so called “ fans on here.

Thank the lord for small mercies and all that!!.

So you and they are rational in endorsing hoofball.

As Roy would say

'Deary me'.

13 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Lundstrum after today must have run out of chances and Sheron can't be that far behind him, neither can pick a pass or help in any way getting us further up the pitch, Hobson did more from centrehalf than either today. 

You say that but Sheron scored our only goal and also set up Lundstram for what should have been our 2nd

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

If the board are happy with 11,000  unhappy fans they are fools.

Yr, of course that's what he said. Yawn

1 hour ago, spanishfly said:

I find MM likeable and his track record is excellent. If one of the objectives though is to build the fanbase that could be doomed. I`ve just started recently watching us again after living abroad and I`m bored stiff already. Woking was my first game and I didn't think that poor level of schoolboy type head tennis could be repeated  but yesterday was just as bad. I`m already thinking of giving it a break at home and might do a couple of aways because we seem to be a different side away. If we get to the play-offs then the crowds will keep coming. If we don't I think a good few could drop off the home attendance as it's hard to justify £40 or so every week to watch that. 

I don't think sacking MM is even a question yet. 

Been abroad have you? Should have said

16 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

As Roy would say

'Deary me'.

As someone else said earlier. Grow up

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

As Roy would say

'Deary me'.

Who says they are endorsing it, I’m sure and I definitely know they are hurting like we are today.

Thing is BP, they have a long term plan, I like that, they sussed out David and made the cut.

As a rational board would do, they are looking at form and if we are competing in and around the playoffs.

Go and support City if you want entertaining fast flowing football.

Cheerio.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lukers1 said:

Who says they are endorsing it, I’m sure and I definitely know they are hurting like we are today.

Thing is BP, they have a long term plan, I like that, they sussed out David and made the cut.

As a rational board would do, they are looking at form and if we are competing in and around the playoffs.

Cheerio.

Great points well made

3 hours ago, BP1960 said:

If the board are happy with 11,000  unhappy fans they are fools.

There aren’t 11000 fans unhappy with Mellon though are there. I reckon you’d struggle for find one fan that isn’t content with him. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

Cheerio.

Amazing that virtually every team that turns up to BP has players capable of passing the ball to each other but we can't possibly expect the same.

And let's be honest they got rid of Unsworth only when they absolutely had to do...

Massive overreaction here, I don’t think anybody seriously wants him out at this stage. It will take a whole lot longer than 5/6 months to build a decent side from where we were when he came in, however, at this point, I would have expected to have seen progress of some sort in our home performances but have seen no improvements whatsoever!

People are entitled to be asking questions as to the style of football MM is working towards because his comments after the failed 442 experiment the other week about us perhaps being a side who are better suited to being hard to beat, grinding out results, were concerning to say the least. He has ousted a fair few players and brought a fair few new ones in and at this stage it is he who should be implementing a style of football rather than the lack of ability of the players dictating the formation and tactics!

Yesterday was a huge opportunity to sell the National League to the Oldham public, to entice both new and lapsed fans to return to BP, and to show that this football team was worth supporting at this level.

If that was the plan (which it surely was) then it backfired spectacularly!

A lot of the comments I heard yesterday, from unfamiliar faces, were scathing to say the least and an indication that they most definitely won’t be returning…..If I was a Rothwell or a Royle I would be asking MM some serious questions as to the direction in which he is taking this football club. After yet another absolute shit show of a performance at BP that must be a massive concern…..Our loyal supporters deserve so much better!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Amazing that virtually every team that turns up to BP has players capable of passing the ball to each other but we can't possibly expect the same.

And let's be honest they got rid of Unsworth only when they absolutely had to do...

8 of yesterday's starting 11, and 2 of the 3 subs introduced, were here before MM was appointed. It's not the managers fault that pretty much none of them can consistently pass the ball to a team mate. He's recognised this, and usually sets us up to give us the best chance of winning despite this - and more often that not it works. The players he's brought in at least hint towards a more competent team, but come with fitness issues. We'll probably make the playoffs this year, as the league is pretty shit, but even if we don't/don't go up via them, we'll more than likely be a challenger next year.

The mentality of "well we've binned off Unsy, we should win every game now with complete dominance" just shows how clueless many of our fans are.

• Like 2

Just now, oafcmetty said:

8 of yesterday's starting 11, and 2 of the 3 subs introduced, were here before MM was appointed. It's not the managers fault that pretty much none of them can consistently pass the ball to a team mate. He's recognised this, and usually sets us up to give us the best chance of winning despite this - and more often that not it works. The players he's brought in at least hint towards a more competent team, but come with fitness issues. We'll probably make the playoffs this year, as the league is pretty shit, but even if we don't/don't go up via them, we'll more than likely be a challenger next year.

The mentality of "well we've binned off Unsy, we should win every game now with complete dominance" just shows how clueless many of our fans are.

Yep. Especially when we have been winning the majority of games.

Lets be honest here, if we make the play offs this season, that has to be seen as progress, especially after our start and the DU dibacle.

Like it or not we have to trust MM to move this club forward, his past record and experience shows that.

Yes his football is direct and as it stands we dont look great playing that way. When we had Norwood and Stones up top you could see it starting to work but without those two we look like we can't play that way. Fondop and Garner are no replacement, they are back up really.

Perhaps in the window the players that suit MMs play were not available or we will wait for the summer with the hope we can get in the play offs and then it really is a lottery, they dont always go to form.

Yesterday was a missed opportunity to excite a few new and old fans to come back but they just couldn't.

And imo Sutton is better playing on the right than anyone I've seen replace him.

Get Norwood back fit and that gives us some class up top. 

No way we even consider a new manager.

If we had won yesterday fans would have said they dont mind winning ugly. 

We have to trust this manager and believe he will make us better with a summer window.

Just my opinion.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, AndyB2 said:

There aren’t 11000 fans unhappy with Mellon though are there. I reckon you’d struggle for find one fan that isn’t content with him. 

Have you read twitter, hundreds on there discontented with his style of play?

I have said I wouldn't want him out, just be more of a front foot attacking team at home and players signed who can implement that.

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Let’s be honest, David had one full season, a full preseason and 12 games into a new campaign which left us 3rd from bottom in the 5 tier of armpit football and blowing a budget on mediocre shit at best players.

Mickey has come in, had five months and in that time had took us on a record away win sequence, platted shit the best way possible, got us in the playoffs, 3rd in form since he’s been here .

Just out of interest,  what do fans want. Would you prefer playing well and be 3rd from bottom or being inconsistent due to bad signings and early days into a new takeover and still punching in the playoffs.

Being passed off the park is shit, but we are hardly being spanked. Every football purest knows this is a shit division were anything can happen.

Why are some of you in shock, we got warned about this league when we unfortunately fell into it.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Have you read twitter, hundreds on there discontented with his style of play?

I have said I wouldn't want him out, just be more of a front foot attacking team at home and players signed who can implement that.

Thought it was 11k?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

Let’s be honest, David had one full season, a full preseason and 12 games into a new campaign which left us 3rd from bottom in the 5 tier of armpit football and blowing a budget on mediocre shit at best players.

Mickey has come in, had five months and in that time had took us on a record away win sequence, platted shit the best way possible, got us in the playoffs, 3rd in form since he’s been here .

Just out of interest,  what do fans want. Would you prefer playing well and be 3rd from bottom or being inconsistent due to bad signings and early days into a new takeover and still punching in the playoffs.

Being passed off the park is shit, but we are hardly being spanked. Every football purest knows this is a shit division were anything can happen.

Why are some of you in shock, we got warned about this league when we unfortunately fell into it.

With our budget there is no reason we shouldn't be able to produce a good passing attacking team rather than a defensive hoofball one.

Gateshead played us off the park at BP with I imagine with a far smaller budget and now they are in the play offs.

That's how I want it anyway.

Then again I'm a 1990s JR team style dinosaur.

• Like 1