Micky Mellon Sack Watch

3 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Really?  He's shown no ability to coach, motivate, plan, select, inspire, innovate.  He may not have been dealt the best hand but surely he could have done better than this?  He's been around this level for years so he'll have been aware of the abilities of most of the players.  I can't see how he gets a free pass

He has to hold his hands up with certain decisions he's made, but the rot runs much, much deeper than him. This is the point I suppose I'm really getting at.

As it turned out in the end, whichever formations, gameplans and team selections he tried, the players by and large were incapable of executing any one of them.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

..plus he hasn’t had a summer to clear and shape the team. He won’t get a better opportunity than this I don’t think.

He's not going to get that opportunity this summer either by the look of the situation with existing contracts.

1 minute ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

He has to hold his hands up with certain decisions he's made, but the rot runs much, much deeper than him. This is the point I suppose I'm really getting at.

As it turned out in the end, whichever formations, gameplans and team selections he tried, the players by and large were incapable of executing any one of them.

The players have been woeful. U have to question if we have people happy to collect cash for easy ride in nat league knowing this is a tidy number and best they can get to see out their careers. Makes the argument for hungry younger players grow 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

You mean the same players he's somehow got to inspire next season?, in a bit of trouble then aren't we.

4 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

There was a gameplan?

5 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

True.  But I don't get why it exchanged so abruptly from when we were 5th.  I'm sure something happened.  I know he's dour but he's looked completely uninterested since then

Just now, Careca9 said:

The players have been woeful. U have to question if we have people happy to collect cash for easy ride in nat league knowing this is a tidy number and best they can get to see out their careers. Makes the argument for hungry younger players grow 

I think you could be right. You look at the makeup of all the top seven and, whilst nearly all of them have experienced pros, it's generally capped at about 2-3 each squad. The rest is made up of high energy players.

• Like 1

Just now, Dave_Og said:

True.  But I don't get why it exchanged so abruptly from when we were 5th.  I'm sure something happened.  I know he's dour but he's looked completely uninterested since then

Problem is, none of us know how the dressing room actually is or who is the root cause within it. We pick up on elements from watching from afar on a Saturday, that's all.

I just can't see any manager turning it around quickly with so many underperforming and disinterested players on the books until at least 2025. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Problem is, none of us know how the dressing room actually is or who is the root cause within it. We pick up on elements from watching from afar on a Saturday, that's all.

I just can't see any manager turning it around quickly with so many underperforming and disinterested players on the books until at least 2025. 

Equally we have no idea if players are disinterested or not.

5 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

I know for a fact that Dan Gardener has made his feelings known to some of the players.

14 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

You mean the same players he's somehow got to inspire next season?, in a bit of trouble then aren't we.

There are good players there - there must be.  They've played well at other clubs.

They just need to have the right players around them to compliment them.  

Release everyone out of contract, apart from Big Mike and try and move out the bad apples that are bringing the others down.  With those still in contract, try and bring in people who will bring the best out of them.

37 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Need to understand why they are so disinterested.  It makes no sense

40 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

I know for a fact that Dan Gardener has made his feelings known to some of the players.

He demonstrates that on the field too…he’s looked pissed off with a fair few of them today!

7 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

He demonstrates that on the field too…he’s looked pissed off with a fair few of them today!

He is and was, someone had to say something, tells you all you need to know of our captain.

Let’s see who’s on a beach next week?.

1 hour ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

We do know know the dressing room as shown in the Reid 'What are we doing here' video.

1 hour ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Well teaching them how to pass a football is impossible.

5 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

When is that our highest finsihing position since?

I'm not sure regarding the football league but we finished 12th on 61pts last season. Interestingly, both Barnet and Bromley were in the playoffs as were Boreham Wood who have now dropped out of the league and Woking just scraped it.

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

Something has happened. It will all come out in the end. Suffice to say certain players have caused deep unrest at the club.Their are no friendships and that shows as a lack of fight and effort on the pitch.