Micky Mellon Sack Watch

7 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

His post match last night was very revealing imho.

He knows that he is stuck with a high number of the current underperforming squad for next season.

He knows that he needs to bring in a high number of better players next season.

He knows that, in order to bring in more than the budget will allow, he has to move on a number of the contracted players.

What's revealing about that then? We've been posting that for weeks on here and pointing out our concerns, has he just realised?.

9 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

His post match last night was very revealing imho.

He knows that he is stuck with a high number of the current underperforming squad for next season.

He knows that he needs to bring in a high number of better players next season.

He knows that, in order to bring in more than the budget will allow, he has to move on a number of the contracted players.

However, very revealing was 'it's  still a long term project' which might suggest relatively limited changes this summer and more the following summer when contracts expire.

17 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Mellon’s been dealt a bad hand, no doubt about it, but based on the job he’s done over 30 odd games would you put him in charge of the budget next season if it was your money he was spending…I’m really no sure I would!

Yes. He has form for winning. He needs the chance to have a proper recruit.

6 hours ago, BP1960 said:

He will play the same failures, I doubt he's seen the youth team play.

Jesus wept. 

57 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Yes. He has form for winning. He needs the chance to have a proper recruit.

Jesus wept. 

He had the same form when he was sacked from his last two jobs by Dundee and in his 2nd spell by Tranmere. He’s had a few promotions but he’s also had a few sackings. There are no guarantees and all I’m saying is I’m not overly confident.

3 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

He had the same form when he was sacked from his last two jobs by Dundee and in his 2nd spell by Tranmere. He’s had a few promotions but he’s also had a few sackings. There are no guarantees and all I’m saying is I’m not overly confident.

He wasnt sacked at Dundee. He spent the second half of his season there under Covid lockdown restrictions so wanted to move closer to home

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I’m not saying this is right or wrong, but I’m absolutely convinced now that Mellon is going- either by resigning, mutual consent or sacked. 

He and the players telling fans to fuck off only ends one way. 

Mellon said that?

2 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Mellon said that?

Yeah, and the players. (Responding to grief from fans) 

He said it the other week as well. 

I’m not saying it’s right and wrong, but when our lot turn it only ends one way. 

No manager should be without pressure with one win in 14. 

24 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I’m not saying this is right or wrong, but I’m absolutely convinced now that Mellon is going- either by resigning, mutual consent or sacked. 

He and the players telling fans to fuck off only ends one way. 

If we can't get Pete Wild then how about his former assistant Chris Millington at Halifax?

That team out there had no idea what they were doing after about 60 mins, they have no direction and it's happened far to often. Fitting end to the season that display.  

Would rather he went than give him the summer.  He's lost players in my opinion, Fondop only one who give a shit today and was trying. Today was a free pass to play some youth etc, go and attack the game, instead we sat back, let them play out of defence and walk past us and throw in the inevitable home defeat.  

Even if Mellon stays, because of this run we are on, if he starts poorly or goes through any sort of negative period next season, I myself as a fan will bite and look rid anyways, as I suspect many others will as well.  Only way this doesn't happen is if we win a lot of games as in the vast majority of our first 10 matches and then rinse and repeat for next 10.

Style and player effort drastically needs to change.

Can’t see him resigning, it’s a big job, good backing with chance to win back to back promotions, plus he hasn’t had a summer to clear and shape the team. He won’t get a better opportunity than this I don’t think. 

I’m close to 50/50 with him now and was firmly stick with him whatever in feb. Great track record but last 14 games have shown that when things are difficult he looks lost. He hasn’t shown much that he can improve people, tactically not been great recently, not risked any youth, signings haven’t worked. there’s not too much to hang onto and now his backing is waning and crowd are on him he’s in for a tough ride 

4 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Has he gone yet?

Hoping for "by mutual consent" or he's resigned. Can't afford to pay off 2 years but with the bulk of the squad under contract and probably staying his position must be untenable.

Body language from him at the end suggests he may fall on his sword here. Unmitigated disaster in terms of managing such an insepid bunch of poor performers. He deserves a summer window, but with so many of them with at least another season in contract, it's a huge job to replace them all with hungry fighters. I don't blame MM in any way, the damage has already been done before he stepped through the door.

If only we could bottle whatever Mike Fondop has, put it into a serum and apply to the majority of the rest.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Body language from him at the end suggests he may fall on his sword here. Unmitigated disaster in terms of managing such an insepid bunch of poor performers. He deserves a summer window, but with so many of them with at least another season in contract, it's a huge job to replace them all with hungry fighters. I don't blame MM in any way, the damage has already been done before he stepped through the door.

If only we could bottle whatever Mike Fondop has, put it into a serum and apply to the majority of the rest.

Really?  He's shown no ability to coach, motivate, plan, select, inspire, innovate.  He may not have been dealt the best hand but surely he could have done better than this?  He's been around this level for years so he'll have been aware of the abilities of most of the players.  I can't see how he gets a free pass

11 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

..If only we could bottle whatever Mike Fondop has, put it into a serum and apply to the majority of the rest.

What Fondop has, besides the ability to pick up the odd red card, is a desire and energy to play football plus he is most probably the only first-team player to actually care about the club. That's the impression I get from him.

• Like 7