MATCH: Altrincham (A) 01/04/24

7 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Conn-Clarke has a face that belongs on a register

Maybe so but yet again he's showing us what we are missing very little created in the final 3rd from us when we've got the ball into the penalty area we don't get men in the box Norwood looks completely isolated and people wonder why he moans.

Edited by GlossopLatic

1 minute ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Just not sure what you'd do to change it and make us more attacking. I'd bring Sheron on so at least we have one midfielder who will press.

Me too. Most underrated player in the club. At least he tries and can tackle. This bunch of cowards don’t even try to get close. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AndyB2 said:

I genuinely think our players believe that playing the likes of Altrincham is below them. Kitching thinks he doesn’t have to show any urgency or strength. he optimises the attitude of this team as I see it 

I don’t think thars the case, I actually think the opposite, we are getting overly nervous and fazed by these sides. Feel like underdogs in half the fixtures these days, even in this league. Quite an achievement really. 

Just now, ShireBlue said:

Gardner screaming at the team to “get the fuck up the pitch” just before the HT whistle. He looks like one of the few that give a shit at this stage.

Yet he too has been awful… he’s a coward when we are out of possession. Never seen him tackle… ever. Overrated. 

• Like 1

We have three players in the midfield who were willing to come and play for this club when AL owned it.

You know, players who no one else wanted, hence signing for AL

Why is that? 

• Like 1

Just now, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Really starting to dislike this set of players. Absolutely nothing about them whatsoever. The management rightly or wrongly will get the blame but these lot are a bunch of fucking cowards 

Aye, they need to have some professional pride. But we see it time and again with players, they just chuck it in when they don’t wanna play for the manager. 

But as you say, rightly or wrongly there’s one man who is ultimately responsible. 

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

Me too. Most underrated player in the club. At least he tries and can tackle. This bunch of cowards don’t even try to get close. 

I agree. But he’s not the answer. 

Just now, kowenicki said:

Yet he too has been awful… he’s a coward when we are out of possession. Never seen him tackle… ever. Overrated. 

You’re very quick to dig him out whenever he plays, but he’s the only one who was bothered to try and close-down the opposition and show the slightest bit of quality on the ball.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, True Tic said:

I don’t think thars the case, I actually think the opposite, we are getting overly nervous and fazed by these sides. Feel like underdogs in half the fixtures these days, even in this league. Quite an achievement really. 

When your manager says on TV - we must get something from this game. 

Doesn’t that inspire confidence or fear? 

Just now, Dave_Og said:

It's not an either or, is it?  Looks like a both

Probably, what I'm saying is the two can't work together. These players have effectively downed tools since Frank came back from rowing the Atlantic, not sure why but for me we need to rip it up and start again. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

BP’s favourite player fucking up twice for the goal.

He did,but he's not been the worst player by far, Hope, Dallas and Norwood look like they aren't interested.

Just now, Lags said:

I am not having these performances are down to the manager. It's these players,  end of.

I agree, they need reminding who they are playing for and look up in the stand now and again to see what it means to the fans. Sick of this shit. 

Just now, League one forever said:

Aye, they need to have some professional pride. But we see it time and again with players, they just chuck it in when they don’t wanna play for the manager. 

But as you say, rightly or wrongly there’s one man who is ultimately responsible. 

I've defended MM a lot on here but the decline is concerning. But yet again we've got a squad of players who turn up when they want to and hide whenever the going gets tough. Feels like Groundhog Day every bloody season. I wouldn't be sad if none of these players were here next season 

3 minutes ago, True Tic said:

Clubs too big for them. Too much expectation. I can empathise. 

Can’t believe people were calling for Sutton. The lad is a nightmare, at fault for goals time and time again. At Rochdale Norwood had to go over and show him how to play there. Where is sandchev.

3 minutes ago, Lags said:

I am not having these performances are down to the manager. It's these players,  end of.

I am not having that 11 players of different combinations can all be so poor at the same time. They are not shit players. 

Teams reflect their manager. 

3 minutes ago, ShireBlue said:

You’re very quick to dig him out whenever he plays, but he’s the only one who was bothered to try and close-down the opposition and show the slightest bit of quality on the ball.

he never closes down… that’s just not true.