MATCH: Altrincham (A) 01/04/24

Just now, Careca9 said:

Can’t believe people were calling for Sutton. The lad is a nightmare, at fault for goals time and time again. At Rochdale Norwood had to go over and show him how to play there. Where is sandchev.

He is utter shite. I also think raglan is poor and don’t rate hobson. 

It’s a real mess

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

He did,but he's not been the worst player by far, Hope, Dallas and Norwood look like they aren't interested.

agree and this is the worst thing in footy, we stayed up in league 1 with a horrendous team that literally ran through walls for shez. The relegation season was when we had people on big money who couldn’t be arsed. I sense the same here, all good to have people like that to sprinkle the finishing touches but when u need them to dig in they aren’t worth having around. Been disappointed in norwoods attitude from what I can tell watching him

Absolute shambles for the goal this lot on the beach already they don’t care. Nothing has changed under Mellon   He needs to get rid of the lot of these but then do we have faith he will get it right in the summer I’m beginning to doubt it 

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

I am not having that 11 players of different combinations can all be so poor at the same time. They are not shit players. 

Teams reflect their manager. 

Give over.... they cross the line,  the  manager can't run or close down for them.  They are simply not good enough

We have too many players on the pitch who do a better job of slowing down our play than they do contributing something quick or positive. It’s too easy to defend against. 

We don’t really have much in reserve either. Other than the call for Atherton who would we like to see on the pitch making chances?

Just now, Careca9 said:

agree and this is the worst thing in footy, we stayed up in league 1 with a horrendous team that literally ran through walls for shez. The relegation season was when we had people on big money who couldn’t be arsed. I sense the same here, all good to have people like that to sprinkle the finishing touches but when u need them to dig in they aren’t worth having around. Been disappointed in norwoods attitude from what I can tell watching him

We had characters didn’t we. This team are a bunch of pampered snow flakes. I really dislike Conlon and his hair 

5 minutes ago, ShireBlue said:

You’re very quick to dig him out whenever he plays, but he’s the only one who was bothered to try and close-down the opposition and show the slightest bit of quality on the ball.

Yes, very strange to keep singling him out.

3 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

Can’t believe people were calling for Sutton. The lad is a nightmare, at fault for goals time and time again. At Rochdale Norwood had to go over and show him how to play there. Where is sandchev.

Careful, his fanclub will be along any moment to tell you he's well above us and will be playing in the champions league in a couple of years.

• Like 2

Just now, Lags said:

Give over.... they cross the line,  the  manager can't run or close down for them.  They are simply not good enough

Give over . . . a lot of them were coups at the time of signing. Or the fans were very pleased with their pedigree. 

Has every single player suddenly become shit since signing for Oldham?  

I think not. 

3 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I am not having that 11 players of different combinations can all be so poor at the same time. They are not shit players. 

Teams reflect their manager. 

‘They are not shit players’ is the best line I have heard all season. Yes they are. 

Just now, IanMarshall's Mullet said:

It’s a crap game here. To say there’s a few of us there’s no atmosphere at all….

Was the same at York. I know fans feed off the performance sometimes but the self-proclaimed best fans in the league status is starting to look like bollocks...

• Like 2

I've always said Sutton is limited. He'll have a career at the likes of Ashton United.  Not a chance championship that some believe. He's not consistent for this level. 

Just now, League one forever said:

Give over . . . a lot of them were coups at the time of signing. Or the fans were very pleased with their pedigree. 

I think not. 

They are incapable of doing the basics and unwilling to work hard. That makes them shit in my view. Performances tend to reflect my opinion on this point. 

Just now, Handsy said:

Absolute shambles for the goal this lot on the beach already they don’t care. Nothing has changed under Mellon   He needs to get rid of the lot of these but then do we have faith he will get it right in the summer I’m beginning to doubt it 

I do think he needs the summer to try and rebuild again on his own terms . This squad as a whole haven’t got a playoff campaign in them anyway. No edge to them or bottle. 

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I think not. 

They are not good enough.  My opinion.

6 minutes ago, IanMarshall's Mullet said:

It’s a crap game here. To say there’s a few of us there’s no atmosphere at all….

Was going to say I've not heard a peep from the away end on tv it sounds flat it's hard to blame them.

Their is no way the manager is telling them to play like that they have to take responsibility. Someone show us something a forward run a few tackles a shot. christ someone smash Chris Conn Clarke and get a booking he's making you look like a bunch of twats.

Edited by GlossopLatic

7 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Probably, what I'm saying is the two can't work together. These players have effectively downed tools since Frank came back from rowing the Atlantic, not sure why but for me we need to rip it up and start again. 

It's been extremely disappointing that Mellon has seen us dropping out of the playoffs in such a limp manner and he should take some of the blame.

But it really looks a case of salvaging the small amount of players who have the right attitude to mount a proper promotion charge. 

Mellon and Brabin have previous in building promotion teams over the summer, I've not been impressed by what they've overseen but I'd trust them a lot more than the bulk of these players.

1 minute ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

It's been extremely disappointing that Mellon has seen us dropping out of the playoffs in such a limp manner and he should take some of the blame.

But it really looks a case of salvaging the small amount of players who have the right attitude to mount a proper promotion charge. 

Mellon and Brabin have previous in building promotion teams over the summer, I've not been impressed by what they've overseen but I'd trust them a lot more than the bulk of these players.

Who?

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

They are. My opinion. 

They ????

2 maybe 3 would stand out at this level with a team around them that are this level of player. 

Explain to me why virtually ever game we are out played and made to look garbage