MATCH: Altrincham (A) 01/04/24

It’s staggering that red isn’t overturned. The slowmo shows he’s first to the ball by some distance, left foot takes the ball away, right foot stays on the ground. The fylde player swings for the ball, misses, kicks Fondop’s left leg while falling over his right. Not late, not dangerous, not high, not even a foul. All there to see on film. What an absolute joke. No point in even having appeals. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

We weren't bad against Dagenham. Certainly weren't a horror show...

Not a horror show but it was definitely bad…I think because of the shite we’ve had to endure in recent times that categorising a performance is rather difficult nowadays.

Games that were once classified as piss poor are now deemed as quite acceptable!😂😂

6 hours ago, BP1960 said:

We know Latics are going to win this 1-0, just like the FA Cup tie.

I hope you are right.

What worries me is that Altrincham have won 6-1 at home 3 times this season. I think the score might be closer to that than 0-1 to Latics.

I want to be proved wrong.

43 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

Expecting to see the lads totally up for it today and playing on the front foot.

Altrincham should be worried. 3-0 minimum.

That's a fine April Fools joke so it is.

Just about to set off for the full matchday experience.

Going to get drenched walking to tram. Dry off a bit in Manchester.

Going to get drenched getting to Altrincham. Dry off a bit in Altrincham.

Going to get drenched walking to the ground. Going to get even more drenched watching the match.

Please Latics make my attempt to get the flu worthwhile!!!!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

No….I was at the game but avin a piss!😆

10 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Absolute shocking decision. Even worse on the slow mo replay

That’s definitely April Fool material. Not even the Great Red Fleece himself would put CCTV in the men’s toilets, surely 😆

• Like 2

I hear that the team have decided to play with total energy and commitment for the whole game, passing the ball on the ground and defending as if their lives depended on it - total football…

Nah…April Fool 😉

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Do we think a poor performance/heavy loss will have repercussions for Mellon….the board can’t be happy the way things are going?

Depends on how poor I think.

If it goes the same way as Aldershot, Fylde then there has to be some sort of reaction, as this season will be done if it's not done already.....

15 minutes ago, Only Blue said:

Just about to set off for the full matchday experience.

Going to get drenched walking to tram. Dry off a bit in Manchester.

Going to get drenched getting to Altrincham. Dry off a bit in Altrincham.

Going to get drenched walking to the ground. Going to get even more drenched watching the match.

Please Latics make my attempt to get the flu worthwhile!!!!

I made the call after Fridays shit show to bin my ticket and the 450+ mile round trip, and will watch the game today from the comfort of my front room with a beer or 2.

Fair play to the blue army who will get pissed wet through on that open terrace.

Just hope the players appreciate the support and put in a 90 minute shift.

Hopefully a few changes with Sanchdev, Raglan, Lundy and Sutton getting a chance to show they can be better than some of the wasters over the past few games.

They will know it's shit or bust today with only 3 points an acceptable result if we want to give ourselves any hope of making the playoffs, so come on you blues and show some pride in the shirt 💙

48 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Do we think a poor performance/heavy loss will have repercussions for Mellon….the board can’t be happy the way things are going?

No, there's a summer to waste first before they come to their senses.