MATCH: Altrincham (A) 01/04/24

7 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Can you still get Teletext?

Nope, that was an analogue-only thing, wasn't it? I actually stopped paying my TV licence four years ago, and now only use the TV set for watching DVDs and VHS.

4 minutes ago, Summerdeep said:

Nope, that was an analogue-only thing, wasn't it? I actually stopped paying my TV licence four years ago, and now only use the TV set for watching DVDs and VHS.

Just watch your TV as normal without paying for a TV licence.  The only people who end up in court are the idiots who grass themselves up to the TV licencing people when answering the door.  I refuse to pay it on principle.  No other organisation make people pay for a service by using scare tactics.

ie. If you don't pay we'll send people round to your house. Fuck 'em

Edited by O.A.F.C.
  • Like 1

I gave up the licence because there wasn't anything I wanted to watch on TV anymore. Most aspects of modern 'civilization', including the media, annoy the hell out of me. YouTube is just fine for my purposes.

1 minute ago, Summerdeep said:

I gave up the licence because there wasn't anything I wanted to watch on TV anymore. Most aspects of modern 'civilization', including the media, annoy the hell out of me. YouTube is just fine for my purposes.

That's fair enough, I think a lot of people feel the same way including myself. Hence why I feel so strongly about it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wardie said:

FFS! I have TNT as part of my BT package.
Does this mean I have to watch it? :D 

I've just cancelled my TNT subscription, but they might not be able to disconnect me in time!

😉

25 minutes ago, Summerdeep said:

lve never paid for one. refuse to contribute to propoganda wherever possible!!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Which part of the propaganda don't you like Monty, the covid hoax or the "stolen" American election ?  😃

I think you are confusing the word ‘propaganda’ with the word ‘conspiracy’. 👍🏻 

I'm somewhat bemused why Mcgahey keeps avoiding being dropped we keep sending him out there, out of position and he offers very little he must offer something in the dressing room that I can't see.

Edited by GlossopLatic

18 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Where the fuck is Sachdev?

No forwards on the bench?

And is Hallam Hope the best we can do?

Mellon has picked only Conlan and the Dallas from who he has signed, in his matchday 16.

Is it me or is anyone else really struggling with him, his selections and his tactics at the moment.

Hope he/they prove me wrong🙏

3 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I'm somewhat bemused why Mcgahey keeps avoiding being dropped we keep sending him out there, out of position.

Could be that he feels he can rely on McGahey to not shit the bed under pressure. To be fair he doesn’t look like someone who’s panicking on the ball, he’s just limited as a footballer. 

2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

TNT commentary and punditry team utterly disgusted in the Fondop sending off and appeal refusal. 

Like they said, you can forgive the original decision but you can’t forgive not overturning it on appeal. What rule has Fondop broken?! Or law. Before someone picks me up on using the wrong word!

3 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Where the fuck is Sachdev?

No forwards on the bench?

And is Hallam Hope the best we can do?

Mellon has picked only Conlan and the Dallas from who he has signed, in his matchday 16.

Is it me or is anyone else really struggling with him, his selections and his tactics at the moment.

Hope he/they prove me wrong🙏

And yet we have a brilliant young winger in the youths who'd destroy Altrincham, but not even given a look in. The youth team centre forward is good too.

Just now, BP1960 said:

And yet we have a brilliant young winger in the youths who'd destroy Altrincham, but not even given a look in. The youth team centre forward is good too.

He’s banned for 4 games BP. 

15 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Absolute shocking decision. Even worse on the slow mo replay

They've shown the Fondop red card several times on TNT, including slow motion, describing it as an 'absoluteley disgraceful' decision. Fondop can be seen flicking the ball away with his left foot and then he gets kicked!!

It's not even a foul, let alone a yellow or red card.

5 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Could be that he feels he can rely on McGahey to not shit the bed under pressure. To be fair he doesn’t look like someone who’s panicking on the ball, he’s just limited as a footballer. 

Hes someone with a strong character I do see that but he's a centre back and we keep sending him out to play RB or centre mid that's issue I have.

I think we need to go back to 3-5-2 with Mcgahey as one of the CBS Sutton RWB Gardner and Conlon in the middle with Hope supporting Norwood and Dallas.

Edited by GlossopLatic