Playing Squad - Summer 24

47 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

How's that view that Scunthorpe will be better placed than us next season for getting back into league football going?

joe nuttall being shite and any one thinking otherwise being a pork pie short of picnic ain’t a prediction 

7 hours ago, AndyB2 said:

joe nuttall being shite and any one thinking otherwise being a pork pie short of picnic ain’t a prediction 

What's that got to do with the price of fish?

If that’s the case best of luck Kurt but only ever seeing him play for us  I didn’t think  he was up to the step up from the NLN. I know some will say didn’t get a run in his best position and I’d love him to prove me wrong  also on squad for 24 does anyone know if the youth team players have signed yet and what the deadline  was for signing .  I would imagine the players  will be back in towards the end of this month or early next anyone know an exact date ?

36 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Money grabber 

Can't expect players to take less money when they're on a contract to be paid more.

Give him chances pre-season to establish himself in this year's squad or ship him out on loan and subsidise his wages.

39 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

or ship him out on loan and subsidise his wages.

I wonder if we'll see a few of those not in the first team plans leave this way this summer. Keeps them playing but also keeps them earning their full whack.

I don't think there'll be many that stay just to rot in the reserves, even if they are on decent money. A full season without playing would have an impact on the next contract when they expire with us next summer.

32 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

I wonder if we'll see a few of those not in the first team plans leave this way this summer. Keeps them playing but also keeps them earning their full whack.

I don't think there'll be many that stay just to rot in the reserves, even if they are on decent money. A full season without playing would have an impact on the next contract when they expire with us next summer.

June 30th

2 hours ago, latics22 said:

Money grabber 

I suspect this may be tongue in cheek, but just because I am sure there's plenty out there who do think that... If someone came along and said we'd like you to stop working in Tesco and move to ASDA. Same job, but you'll be paid 70%. I suspect every single one of us would say no. And so should Kurt. He doesn't owe anyone anything. 

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, Ackey said:

I suspect this may be tongue in cheek, but just because I am sure there's plenty out there who do think that... If someone came along and said we'd like you to stop working in Tesco and move to ASDA. Same job, but you'll be paid 70%. I suspect every single one of us would say no. And so should Kurt. He doesn't owe anyone anything. 

Especially at this level where they don't even earn that much. He signed a contract, he's fully entitled to stay put and I can't blame him whether it's for football or financial reasons 

3 managers have not fancied Willoughby so I very much doubt Mellon is going to suddenly see him as the answer. I don't blame Willoughby for not wanting to drop further down the pyramid or go to Scotland where they are probably offering less than half of what he's getting here. It just highlights how difficult it might be to offload some of these players and therefore it's going to hinder recruitment for next season I suspect. Unsworth and the recruitment team including whoever handed out these contracts is really going to set us back a few years.