Micah - this week's raising of hopes

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Fresh from having brought Ashley Cole to the Italian capital, Roma are now looking to sign another English defender: Micah Richards. The injury-prone full-back has fallen down the Man City pecking order and the Italian side are ready to bid £4m."

:sauce: Corriere dello Sport

"Fresh from having brought Ashley Cole to the Italian capital, Roma are now looking to sign another English defender: Micah Richards. The injury-prone full-back has fallen down the Man City pecking order and the Italian side are ready to bid £4m."

Roma chase Richards

Football

Posted at

13:01
_77035155_richards_getty.jpg

We told you earlier that Micah Richards had been made available by Manchester City, and now we have news of a potential destination for the defender.

Roma are keen on taking the 26-year-old to Italy, Corriere dello Sport reports. £4m is the fee being mooted.

And that might just even actually mean four million Euros, just to screw us even more!!

I don't like the sound of this double swoop, whats to say that Newcastle agree £10 million for the pair, with £8million of the being for Sinclair and £2million for Richards meaning we got a measly £400k (£400k is £400k but to what we could of had in the past?)

I don't like the sound of this double swoop, whats to say that Newcastle agree £10 million for the pair, with £8million of the being for Sinclair and £2million for Richards meaning we got a measly £400k (£400k is £400k but to what we could of had in the past?)

There should - key word I know - be a mechanism by which that is reviewed by the FA. Like when the player is allowed to move in part exchange.

But that's a big should and I don't doubt we'll get shafted by it if that's the case!

Owt is better than nowt

Edited by OAFCM35

There should - key word I know - be a mechanism by which that is reviewed by the FA. Like when the player is allowed to move in part exchange.

But that's a big should and I don't doubt we'll get shafted by it if that's the case!

Nah, bring Hardy out to menace them

Pretty sure i

Pretty sure i posted the same question last year which was prompted when united were in for both Baines and Fellaini from Everton ... Someone convinved me that in this scenario the FA would rule the individual valuation of the players with the sell on fee.

Anyone know if Sinclair has a sell on clause for previous club?

Think there's something similar going on with the Michael Vorm to Tottenham transfer at the moment. His club pre-swansea are due a sell on fee but Swansea say they let him go for free as part of the sigurdson / Ben Davies deal.

Oh dear............

The very reputable @ExWHUemployee is reporting that talks with Micah Richards are at an advanced stage ahead of a loan deal.

The Manchester City defender is capable of playing at right back or in central defence, and would prove a welcome addition given the injuries to Carl Jenkinson and James Tomkins.

Still only 26, Richards has seen his career blighted by injury, but a move to West Ham could lead to a new lease of life for the England international.

The East London Club have reportedly been talking to the defender for days, so a move could be closer to completion than expected.