JPT structure  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Will you boycott the tournament?

• Yes
    • I'll only boycott matches against academy sides
    • No, I don't see any problem with the new structure
    • No, I attend every game regardless
    • I didn't go to games anyway
    • I won't go because fixtures aren't attractive. Apathy, not boycotting.

With adding academy sides to make a 64-team tournament, it's disrespectful to all football league teams in my view. I'll not be bothering going to these games anymore for that reason. Wanted to know the consensus on here, and I'm sure this poll will be circulating other football league forums too.

To me it looks like the Premier League have bought their way in by providing bigger prize money, and poor clubs like Latics have agreed to it for this reason.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a place to start, but I do fear that the money they've injected (bribe) will offset the lost crowds and protests. Sad that clubs think in purely economic terms these days...

If we and other clubs fans boycott it then just staging a game will become costly. So just by being in this tournament we will lose money.so I don't think they are thinking in economic terms whatsoever.

It's a place to start, but I do fear that the money they've injected (bribe) will offset the lost crowds and protests. Sad that clubs think in purely economic terms these days...

Empty stadiums can't be ignored.

Given they haven't got a sponsor for this abomination yet I'd stop calling it the JPT.

An alternative such as

"The unbranded crock of cr@p that no commercial organisation wants to be associated with trophy"

might be a better name

So the Final will potentially be Man United U-21's vs Arsenal U-21's or something? Who on earth is going to want to watch that. Complete shambles. Not to mention the money it takes away from our clubs & the trip to Wembley that fans look forward to, the game's gone mad.

Edited by Barry Bosnian

So the Final will potentially be Man United U-21's vs Arsenal U-21's or something? Who on earth is going to want to watch that. Complete shambles. Not to mention the money it takes away from our clubs & the trip to Wembley that fans look forward to, the game's gone mad.

isn't that already called the youth final? .. why have a second competition! .. it's like all that matters is the PL. Wonder how the likes of a Gerrard style old school centre half would take to some gob:censored:e on 10x as much money gobbing off lol .. that would only end one way ha ha

I'd have much preferred a partial reinvention of the old Anglo Scottish Cup. English group winners to meet similar number of Scottish clubs on a knockout basis.

What was so wrong with the Anglo-Italian Cup. In fact, imagine a lower league World Cup!! Unfortunately, I think it would have to be sponsored by an airline, or even a bunch of them. Oh well. :titanic:

It is a great idea for the premier league clubs. The youngsters get good games under their belts against experienced players.

Basically you get the benefit of sending players out on loan (game time against live opponents etc.) without having to lose a player from your perfect facilities to go and play on a poor training pitch.

No good for teams like us as it means we won't get that big day out at Wembley. If you get Manchester United kids though at least you might make a few quid as opposed to the 1,300 crowds it normally brings in (even with kids for a quid initiatives).

Are Sky still planning to show the games?

In more :censored: news, we're still obliged to play 5 first teamers in this monstrosity of a tournament (if we have that many, come September).

What happens if we don't? (Not to say you would know exactly).