Rochdale (H)

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont want to put the scud on it but Rochdale look an awful side.  Gave them a goal, apart from that they are all blood and thunder, can see a miss timed challange leading to a red for them.

Bit more composure from us needed and we should put a few in.

Byrne has been a passanger the second half so far.

Head dropped when Davies didnt play him through.  Tended to let people run by him after that.  Think he said something to Wellens walking by him.  Great player, but temperamental it appears!

Edited by deckyd

Delighted for the boys with that.  Deserved win.  Doyle took his first well and the second was sublime.  

Good subs second half by Wellens. Byrnes head dropped after he wasnt played in by Davies when we broke from a Rochdale corner and did nothing after that, didnt track back either.  Bunny for Rochdale had some joy because of this.  Holloways cameo was top notch with an assist and unlucky not to score.  Didnt think he was up to much early season but hes had a change of attitude it seems.  

Thought Gerard didnt put a foot wrong all game and we looked okay in defense but in fairness Rochdale were awful and didnt threaten much.  A percentage, corner/free kick team i would think.  

Gerard was my man of the match just over Doyle simply because its his first league game in a while and he done very well.

This season seems all to be about the last 10 mins of our games....inspired sub, was it bringing holloway on that seem to swap Doyles marker and wham....he was let loose....what a bloody volley too. Love the pinching of the corner flag celebration with it.

Upto that sub I thought It was a really scrappy game and could have gone either way, both GK have good matches too.

we need these points...all lower teams coming up. Time to march on.

2 minutes ago, ChaddySmoker said:

Nope, thankfully.

1 of the few decisions that ref got correct

I think he just got away with it by insisting on putting it back himself looking like a naughty schoolboy. 

Taylor was at the game. Bet he was weeping silently as we sang his song for another wife-shagging Neanderthal.

There's no doubt Holloways introduction worried the shit out of Dales defence, he was almost unplayable in that 15 minutes cameo and seems to of gone all Les Ferdinand on us, Doyle  and Davies with the back up on the bench must be amongst the strongest strikeforces in the division.

Defensively I think Dummigan is nearly back to his best barring the week header for the equaliser and I thought Bryan and Gerrard did well as a partnership despite over playing it at the back at times.

Onwards and upwards.

That finish from Doyle was sublime, he didnt have the best of games again today, but he knows where the net is, feel sorry for Gerrard he played well today and looks like he might lose his place due to injury.

Holloway made the difference when he came on, won balls he had no right to, looks strong and up for the fight.

Fair play to Wellens for setting us up slightly different which gave a bit more cover to the full backs, roll on Tuesday.

That was simply lovely. Took a load of kids from school. Was hard work not calling Keith Hill a bell-end for 90 minutes, but they absolutely loved it! I wanna see the colour of Abdallah's money. If he's as wadded as some people think, then we should be throwing some serious money Preston's way.

As for Rochdale, you've got to applaud Keith Hill for raffling out places in his starting line up to a load of pissheads, high on Spice, at The Baum last night...

Edited by Lee Sinnott