The Run In

I can't see any north of Doncaster having to worry about the drop, so I am just considering 15th downwards for this.

image.png.ccc21d2aae3dbe5c23644bdfb460fe38.png

image.thumb.png.5a92d5427e1a8a1e0e5b42a20f7989cd.png

As far as I'm concerned, Rochdale are down.  

Think Bury have too much to do as well, especially if we beat them next week.

Franchise have a horrendous run-in, still having to play the current top 5.

That leaves one place - and I'll plump for Northampton.  

Edited by sjk2008

Northampton’s home games don’t look easy. Dale have effectively half a season’s worth of home games crammed into two months! I’m sure Shez will galvanise Fleetwood and keep them up.

I reckon Northampton will take that final spot as well.

Unlike previous relegation battles, we have such good firepower that I'm not at all worried about us winning games.  Even though Shez's teams picked up wins when they were needed, they were hardly free-scoring and we mostly won by the odd goal.

4 wins from 12 with a few draws scattered in will be enough.  With our run-in that should certainly be achievable.

Yes. MK are gonners, I can’t see them winning another game. Bury have too much to do and not enough games left. Conversely, Dale have pretty much the same to do but far too many games, they don’t have the squad for it. 

Northampton in the final spot for me too

Edited by kowenicki

For Dales postponed game today, they have 3 weeks where they are not already playing twice a week.

Couple more postponements and they will have to play 3 a week.

Dale have to double their current points total, in half the the games they've played so far.

Edited by singe

11 minutes ago, laticsmarra said:

Know that most games are tight but except for Wigan you would say that most games are winnable

Wigan is winnable. They're only just above Blackburn if they win all their games in hand. We nearly beat the Bastards away whilst Doyleless.

No team is safe and no team is down, any one remember this run of events???

It's one thing to overturn an eight-point gap to avoid relegation; quite another to do so in the final week of the season. Joe Royle's Oldham had to win three games in seven days and hope either Crystal Palace or Sheffield United made a horlicks of their last two fixtures. The problem was that the first of those three games was away to Aston Villa, who had to win to keep their title challenge alive. On the face of it they had no chance, but Oldham handled the end-of-season pressure/need equation better than Villa and a goal from Nick Henry (no relation) put the cat among the pigeons. The problem was that, because Henry's goal gave Manchester United their first title for 26 years, its real significance was lost, like an insight during an orgasm. Indeed, Palace's Geoff Thomas would later tell this rag that the relegation battle crept up on them from nowhere.

When a resurgent Sheffield United did the necessary at Everton on the Tuesday, the survival battle was down to two. A day later Oldham beat a feeble Liverpool 3-2 at Boundary Park, while Palace drew 0-0 at Manchester City - ostensibly a decent result, but one which left Palace, who four days earlier had done a lap of honour after their last home game on the assumption of safety, horribly exposed to a final-day sting. If Oldham won and Palace lost, Oldham were safe and Palace were down. On the final day Palace, away at Arsenal, were never in the game and lost 3-0, but Oldham's home match against Southampton oscillated wildly: despite a Matthew Le Tissier hat-trick, Oldham squeaked home 4-3. They could not cheat gravity forever, and were relegated a year later, but this was something nobody associated with the club would forget.

31 minutes ago, latics22 said:

No team is safe and no team is down, any one remember this run of events???

Brings a tear to the eye that summary - oh the way we just dismissed Liverpool to make it mathematically possible, great memories.

Just shows u tho, it’s never over till it’s over. Wonder what odds u would have got on oldham staying up before the villa game?  Apparently palace threw a party they were that convinced they’d stay up, done and dusted..... but not quite 

9 hours ago, Magic Mikey said:

Wigan is winnable. They're only just above Blackburn if they win all their games in hand. We nearly beat the Bastards away whilst Doyleless.

Yes you are correct it is winnable, but if you were going down the list you would be putting 3 points against most of our fixtures, Wigan away would probably take a draw.

We are 10 clear of Bury with 12 to go.

7 in front with 11 left is definitely catchable.

I don't think 13 from 11 is. (With the momentum we would have)

Saturday is a very big game.

Edited by pukka

14 minutes ago, rigsby said:

Only my op but i feel a draw a Bury will be an acceptable result.

We have a fair few home games coming up..

A draw would suit us better than Bury that's for sure.
A win would taste very sweet indeed.
A convincing win all the more.