Transfer Rumours

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice enough Bloke COG and I'd buy him a pint and all that, but Christ I'd be happy if he left. He had the odd good game for us against static defenders other than that, gash.

Are we paying him off?

I think what got me about O'Grady was his lack of a first touch on so many occasions. He was never going to be our 20 goals a season man, but more a hold up player to bring others into the game.

At times, he could trap a ball further than I could kick it.

I'm sure I couldn't find him on that airport pic yesterday, so maybe he has left. Or he'd gone for a wee.

6 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

I think what got me about O'Grady was his lack of a first touch on so many occasions. He was never going to be our 20 goals a season man, but more a hold up player to bring others into the game.

At times, he could trap a ball further than I could kick it.

I'm sure I couldn't find him on that airport pic yesterday, so maybe he has left. Or he'd gone for a wee.

2nd touch was always a tackle, agreed. His best trick was the only one he had, Cruyff like turn and cross.

On 7/5/2019 at 5:29 PM, Lee Sinnott said:

O'Grady is leaving...

Best news of the summer. I'm sure he's a nice bloke, but he's without a shadow of a doubt the worst player I've ever seen for Oldham in 25 years, and that really says something. Joe Colbeck, Kangana Ndiwa, Deane Crowe, Terrell Forbes, I've seen some wank play for Latics but COG takes the biscuit.

1 minute ago, JTM said:

Best news of the summer. I'm sure he's a nice bloke, but he's without a shadow of a doubt the worst player I've ever seen for Oldham in 25 years, and that really says something. Joe Colbeck, Kangana Ndiwa, Deane Crowe, Terrell Forbes, I've seen some wank play for Latics but COG takes the biscuit.

Terrell Forbes wasn't that bad.

50 minutes ago, JTM said:

Best news of the summer. I'm sure he's a nice bloke, but he's without a shadow of a doubt the worst player I've ever seen for Oldham in 25 years, and that really says something. Joe Colbeck, Kangana Ndiwa, Deane Crowe, Terrible Forbes, I've seen some wank play for Latics but COG takes the biscuit.

50 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Terrible Forbes wasn't that bad.

FTFYB

53 minutes ago, JTM said:

Would that make it a soggy biscuit?

2 hours ago, JTM said:

COG scored now and again. That instantly disqualifies him from getting that accolade. 

2 hours ago, JTM said:

Not even the worst player of last season, stop being silly.

For a hold up player (he's not an out and out striker), his first touch is often awful. Couldn't trap a bag of wet sand frequently sprang to mind. I've said elsewhere that he could sometimes trap a ball further than I could kick it. I'm not sorry if he's gone. But we need some other bugger(s) in pretty sharpish.

29 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

CoG put in a few decent performances last season and worked really well with Surridge. He turns like a tank but i’d keep him around.

I would aswell.. COG wasnt signed for having pace or for  having a fantastic goals per game ratio.. strong player who  got in the defenders face. I liked COG and lang together.. 

Archived