Trust Letter to AL

This word "structuring" keeps popping up, its about as ambiguous as it gets.

The trust notes also mention another word - stability - if that's the aim of the club they have achieved the opposite this season, in quite spectacular fashion.

Update: Trust Oldham meet Club Chairman and his advisors.

As you may or may not have heard, the Trust were invited to meet Abdallah Lemsagam on Friday.  We didn’t have an agenda in advance and when we arrived, we were introduced to the team of people that have been advising the chairman of our football club since the time that he has been in situ.

The meeting was a good chance to get to know them and to a certain extent, discuss the issues fans raised at the public meeting. The meeting was constructive and gave us a foundation of moving forwards as we started to discuss the key six expectations set out for the club and how we all, chairman, fans, club and Trust can do this together.

Next week, we will put out a formal statement with more detail. What we didn’t want to do is leave people with a feeling of being left in the dark, so here are some of the high-level points.

• The Chairman clarified that the club is constantly being structured in a way that it can meet it’s financial obligations.  He is just over a year into doing this and he points out it can’t be done over night.
  • The Chairman will not make promises he can not keep.  He is ambitious for the club, but will not promise promotion to the EPL or Championship as the main focus is on the stability of the club.
  • The rumours that the Academy was to be wound up were met with disbelief by both the Chairman and the Head of Football at the club.  Mr Mohammed Lemsagam pointed out that five of our squad have come through the academy and two academy members have been given full contracts.  The youth setup is essential to the club.
  • Fans meetings were discussed and this will be revisited in the future.
  • We agreed that it would be constructive for the whole of the Trust to meet the club in a similar format at least once a season to establish a good relationship.
  • Darren Ratcliffe, Trust rep and nominee to the Board of OAFC, will be appointed to the board of the football club this month and a board will be established with regular board meetings.
  • Darren Ratcliffe will meet with the Chairman in the next few days to establish his role on the board and how he can work with him on behalf of the Trust and the fans.  As part of that a reporting-back mechanism will be established to help bring transparency.
  • Access to the accounts was granted, allow us to give assurances on the financial health of the club.

Whilst this doesn’t answer all the questions that the Trust and supporters have, it is a step forward in the right direction.  We welcome the club having a proper board and having access to the final accounts.

A further update will follow next week.

1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

The trust is supposedly on the board.  Granted?!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!!??! ad infinitum

True, but we know they weren't, and frozen out for some time. Of course, it is what you do with the information that is important.

Lots of people have walked away, I'd much rather we were there trying than everyone give up and walk away. Given the number of people that left we are hairs breadth away from that. 

I see other clubs galvansing their support and taking things forward, and I  see us sniping and bickering at anyone that puts their head above the parapet. Again. You know the pain of that better than anyone on here.

I really fear for our future.

Just now, singe said:

True, but we know they weren't, and frozen out for some time. Of course, it is what you do with the information that is important.

Lots of people have walked away, I'd much rather we were there trying than everyone give up and walk away. Given the number of people that left we are hairs breadth away from that. 

I see other clubs galvansing their support and taking things forward, and I  see us sniping and bickering at anyone that puts their head above the parapet. Again. You know the pain of that better than anyone on here.

I really fear for our future.

There are many people that know that pain better than me.  I had a go.  It was a complete waste of time and the sniping that came with the territory came close to turning me off the club completely.  Frankly it is only the passage of time that has just about rekindled my interest.  I admire anyone willing to give it a go and desperately try not to say anything that sounds snipey but patience running very low.

39 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

The trust is supposedly on the board.  Granted?!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!!??! ad infinitum

Maybe we were being too polite and used the wrong word. We know the Trust reps entitlement and we asked

Edited by underdog

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

• The Chairman clarified that the club is constantly being structured in a way that it can meet it’s financial obligations.  He is just over a year into doing this and he points out it can’t be done over night.
  • The Chairman will not make promises he can not keep.  He is ambitious for the club, but will not promise promotion to the EPL or Championship as the main focus is on the stability of the club.

These two stand out to me.  I hope the first one is fleshed out because it's vague.  Time isn't the biggest issue, we've waited a long time for the smallest amounts of success and most of us will continue to wait if reasonable moves are being made to do it.  But there really isn't an indication that things are getting better.  A year (and a half, if not more) is certainly enough to judge the competency of an owner's decision making, and Marco's decision making with the things he can control looks very wasteful.

Which comes onto the second paragraph.  Stability can be achieved at clubs but there have been so many footballing decisions made by Marco that have been the exact opposite of stable that it's hard to believe that he wants it.  What's happened to all the managers and their staff should be canaries in a coalmine to any reasonable owner, yet I have no faith that attitudes and actions will change based on the last year plus.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

Whilst this doesn’t answer all the questions that the Trust and supporters have

A list of questions were sent with the letter. This doesn't include answers to any of those questions.

Those questions were clearly produced to try and acquire evidence to back up a number of statements that the chairman has made in recent months that have been contradicted by statements from others. In other words, they were designed to see if his word can be believed.

It may be that the Trust have now received answers to these questions which can't be shared. If that is the case I would like them to confirm this (I don't have any issue with the evidence not being widely shared).

I think it is a positive that the Trust will be allowed to review accounts. I presume this means detailed management accounts and not just the abbreviated account that will be publicly available anyway.

Edited by Latics and England
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Plenty of times. You choose not to see it. Not my problem. I’m probably one of the more positive posters when it comes to players and supporters. 

Your first paragraph is just nonsense.  I’ll explain again....

I am assuming they have no plan because I don’t know it and haven’t been told one, but they are evidentially reactive so.... I’ll take a stab at ‘no plan’.

They are definitely secretive. 

If you can’t understand that then, again, that’s not my problem. 

Wasting my time if you cannot even read the post properly and understand the second quote was not directed at you.

Why, if you do not know-on your own admission you assume there is no plan? Just as easy to think they may have a plan but because they haven't told you you there isn't one-more nonsense. For the last time-if you accuse them of being secretive then you will not know. Got it yet?

Anyway the statement is out now and those so desperate for news can relax. The world didn't stop spinning over a few days delay did it?

Jesus wept. 

What is it that people can’t understand?

How many times does need it saying??? 

Owner buys club, runs it how he wants. (That’s new🙄) The trust are well meaning but totally ineffective, because quite simply they don’t own the club. An as long as we don’t go the bust, the trust have zero say. Fans want answers the trust can’t provide, because the owner only tells them what he wants when he wants.

It’s been this way for the last 15 years!!! 

The trust are two things. 1, they try to step in on doomsday. 2. If 1 doesn’t happen, they are basically reduced to a fundraising organisation. That. Is. It. 

If we had a good owner, who welcomed the trust. We would all be singing their praises, because they would be included. But we don’t, so we fire arrows at people who have no clue what’s actually going on, because there more visible than the owner. 

The trust weren’t issue when Corney was in charge. 

They aren’t the issue now. 

The issue is a man with a massive ego, and shallow pockets. Who will listen to no one. 

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Heard some incredibly worrying things from tonight. Not my tales to share but the future is bleak, very bleak.

I don’t know what else we can do. The club is fucked. 

You sound like the trust with your secrets, only more worried. 😂 They seem to believe everything is rosy 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Heard some incredibly worrying things from tonight. Not my tales to share but the future is bleak, very bleak.

Oooh mysterious!

I heard a rumour from someone who may or may not exist that we're gonna walk the league next year, despite the fact that most of our fans expect way too little of the club.

You may be right, but without any substance to back it up your post is exactly how quite a lot of fans feel anyway.  It doesn't add anything.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

5 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Ridiculous post. Just say what you heard. What’s the problem?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Jesus Christ it’s a 4th division football club. We’re not talking about threats to national security here jesus wept.

6 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

🤪

6 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

I used to use this board to get away from all the idiots and wind up merchants on twitter. It's probably even worse on here these days...

• Like 4