Boundary Park buy out

Just now, latics22 said:

Good intentions or not, they need to be the ones that give way and get AL on board. if this is going to work! Pissing him of will cause a divide, the last thing we need. What will this lovely kind FLG do if AL pisses off to another ground. Will they sit on the ground till we need it? Or will they get greedy and sell up?

Oh I hope they piss him off no end, sooner he's gone the better, looking at the current squad and the staffing situation the blokes an embarrassment. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, latics22 said:

Good intentions or not, they need to be the ones that give way and get AL on board. if this is going to work! Pissing him of will cause a divide, the last thing we need. What will this lovely kind FLG do if AL pisses off to another ground. Will they sit on the ground till we need it? Or will they get greedy and sell up?

Thats my understanding AL owns the Football team so he can have us play at Ashton,Stalybridge or anywhere else.The ground/land is no use without a side to play on it.

4 minutes ago, pk200 said:

Thats my understanding AL owns the Football team so he can have us play at Ashton,Stalybridge or anywhere else.The ground/land is no use without a side to play on it.

Dont think the EFL will allow us to play all our home games in Morocco?

😉

Just now, BP1960 said:

Dont think the EFL will allow us to play all our home games in Morocco?

😉

Silly reply....Anywhere else is understood to be in England....preferably local if AL wants current fanbase.

7 minutes ago, pk200 said:

Such a question deserves serious input.....our whole future is at stake.

I can’t take a sentence seriously that sounds like it was said by a Power Ranger

*translation - slightly apocalyptic and OTT

Edited by OAFC1984
  • Like 5

Interesting reading this debate and some very valid points made from both sides despite the evident disagreements.

Ideally, having a club owned by one party including the ground, car park, hospitality would be the best case scenario. That way everybody is clear with who owns what etc. That said, you then have to have trust in that person as they call the shots regarding everything and potentially leaves you in a position like Blackpool and Oysten. Not suggesting AL would become like Oysten but if he did and was unwilling to sell then it’s all in his hands.

The FLG, although we don’t know who they are personally. I find this frustrating on one hand but I’m willing to wait as I have heard, from people who I believe are good, honest people including our former manager that this will be the best thing to happen to the club! Certainly the start of their quest has addressed one issue that is key to matchday experience, in opening a fans’ bar.

Pete Wild said to me and a group of friends, after the Northampton game, that fans need to back and get behind the FLG. They will buy the new stand before trying to buy the ground as a whole, before launching a takeover bid for the club. As such, having control of the club. Wild did say however, that the money wasn’t there immediately but during their quest to deliver the plan/vision would actively seek investment and when owning the club, could be an attractive proposition for the ‘right person’ to buy the club outright benefitting themselves but more importantly the club going forward.

He did also say that the next 18/24 months may be tough to stick with it but to do it and keep faith in the club as the club and FLG would bring back relative good times to the club. I trust Pete Wild, I believe he is an honest man who loves the club as much as you and I. I have no reason to doubt him and as such I am willing to wait to see how this develops over that timescale.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

Shame Wildy didn't feel he could stick it out himself...

His words were, he would have stayed on his terms. Seemingly head coach means what it says on the tin "We recruit/buy, you coach" - Also said that he would want assurances that he could keep Clarke. Seemingly didn't happen. Said he would love to return if all went to plan.

26 minutes ago, unsworthlatic said:

Interesting reading this debate and some very valid points made from both sides despite the evident disagreements.

Ideally, having a club owned by one party including the ground, car park, hospitality would be the best case scenario. That way everybody is clear with who owns what etc. That said, you then have to have trust in that person as they call the shots regarding everything and potentially leaves you in a position like Blackpool and Oysten. Not suggesting AL would become like Oysten but if he did and was unwilling to sell then it’s all in his hands.

The FLG, although we don’t know who they are personally. I find this frustrating on one hand but I’m willing to wait as I have heard, from people who I believe are good, honest people including our former manager that this will be the best thing to happen to the club! Certainly the start of their quest has addressed one issue that is key to matchday experience, in opening a fans’ bar.

Pete Wild said to me and a group of friends, after the Northampton game, that fans need to back and get behind the FLG. They will buy the new stand before trying to buy the ground as a whole, before launching a takeover bid for the club. As such, having control of the club. Wild did say however, that the money wasn’t there immediately but during their quest to deliver the plan/vision would actively seek investment and when owning the club, could be an attractive proposition for the ‘right person’ to buy the club outright benefitting themselves but more importantly the club going forward.

He did also say that the next 18/24 months may be tough to stick with it but to do it and keep faith in the club as the club and FLG would bring back relative good times to the club. I trust Pete Wild, I believe he is an honest man who loves the club as much as you and I. I have no reason to doubt him and as such I am willing to wait to see how this develops over that timescale.

Interesting post.  Thanks. Pete strikes me as a very, very decent bloke too, but that doesn’t make him a good judge of a business proposition. 

Clearly someone with money is required to see this through.  I do wonder where this person comes from and why they have never appeared before?  Fingers crossed. 

6 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Interesting post.  Thanks. Pete strikes me as a very, very decent bloke too, but that doesn’t make him a good judge of a business proposition. 

Clearly someone with money is required to see this through.  I do wonder where this person comes from and why they have never appeared before?  Fingers crossed. 

No it doesn't you are correct but Wild does know the people involved and seemingly their plans. Whether their plans come to fruition or not, we will have to wait and see. 

As you say, money, a lot of it, is required to do this and without knowing them, I wouldn't like to pass comment on my view. However, the plan I am led to believe from that conversation and ones with other people who do know the people involved in FLG, the idea is to seek further investment but first and foremost make Oldham Athletic an interesting and attractive business proposition to either invest in or buy as a whole.

• Like 1

What does the FLG now own?  Just the north stand/OEC or do they now own all four stands, surrounding land etc?

The Clown owns just the club and pays / will pay the FLG rent?

I would have expected more news by now and uncertain why the individuals involved aren’t publicly known.  What have they got to hide?  What’s their plans?

Granted that demonstrating the OEC as profitable will entice investment and perhaps a buyout of the club from the Clown but that sounds even more slowly, slowly than Pennywise’s grand scheme.  By the time this happens, the club could be non-league, withering on the vine that even the FLG may see it sense to sell on the land again or relocate the club on a much downsized scale to then redevelop the current area.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, latics22 said:

A great point made and probably sadly lost on those with an agenda to "force" AL and who seem hellbent on watching the World burn.

Also, as someone said above , it takes a lot of money for a FLG to run a football club. Even more to take on someone who may (or may not) have backers and some deep pockets to access should it be required fight such a fight. Let's hope we win the first 5 games and maybe some much needed sense and harmony can be applied to the off-field situation.

• Like 1