Bury: Minutes to Midnight

9 hours ago, singe said:

I think they are going to start losing a lot of sympathy. Of course, they have to try and get back in. But that's come to an end now. Comments like " Devastating to hear self-interest was served cold by many EFL clubs today"  are going to alienate support. They should focus on the phoenix. It will be better supported anyway.
And stopping Dale selling Gigg Lane.
They seem to be fighting the FL hard than they fought Day or Dale .

Indeed. They conveniently forget their self-interest of spending way above their means for the previous 2 seasons, effectively buying a promotion that they couldn’t afford, so cheating.

The EFL have made a rod for their own backs by not following their own process with the transfer of ownership between Day and Dale. But if the EFL had followed their process, Bury would likely have not got promoted, as Day was seriously short of money, and Dale probably still would have bought the club anyway, as Dale would have passed the fit and proper persons test. So they’d be going bust in League 2.

I have a lot of sympathy for genuine Bury fans who pointed out the risks, as well as those staff members who are all unemployed,  although given our turn-over of staff they might well find work here easily, plus those who just went to Gigg Lane through habit. But the likes of those Bury fans who mocked Blackpool and Bolton fans, as well as those boasting about their squad depth when we were both in League 1, deserve their local derby being at Prestwich Hays next season. 

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, singe said:

Debbie Jevans on Football Focus said they've are setting up an independent review, and they going to start inspecting expenses, including Agents's fees.....

FSA are pushing EFL on standardising how clubs accounts are published too.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, SweeperKeeper said:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/oct/06/corbyn-we-will-give-football-fans-more-say-in-how-clubs-are-run

Interesting. I wonder if any other parties are going to start making promises on club ownership. 

I'd still rather see 50+1 than this idea though. 

He likes making promises that he won't be able to keep

There were some Bury fans on the bus after the game who had been to the game. They were really slating the EFL and Dale, one said Dale is allegedly being investigated for fraud. I don't know how true that is.

1 hour ago, al_bro said:

There were some Bury fans on the bus after the game who had been to the game. They were really slating the EFL and Dale, one said Dale is allegedly being investigated for fraud. I don't know how true that is.

It's been widely reported that the police are taking an interest.

37 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

It's been widely reported that the police are taking an interest.

Fingers crossed, hard not to come to the conclusion that is the case I think. Not saying bang him up if he is innocent of course.

As far as I know it is an investigation into what has gone on at Bury rather than Dale. He has experience in businesses in this situation and you'd imagine knows the legal ways opf getting the most money. I'd expect the one of more interest will be Day (and would be one of many, many financial threads to be looking at - car parks, Mederco, Lendy, etc).

28 minutes ago, OldhamSheridan said:

As far as I know it is an investigation into what has gone on at Bury rather than Dale. He has experience in businesses in this situation and you'd imagine knows the legal ways opf getting the most money. I'd expect the one of more interest will be Day (and would be one of many, many financial threads to be looking at - car parks, Mederco, Lendy, etc).

Absolutely. All the directors present over the last 3 or 4 years will be in the frame.  All of them.

that’s that. 

Forever Bury Statement 14/10/2019

We regret to inform the supporters of Bury Football Club that the interested party who has been working with Forever Bury on a proposed bid to buy the club has confirmed this is no longer a viable prospect for them.

As matters have unfolded and the necessary due diligence has been undertaken, the complex, complicated and financially distressed situation at Bury Football Club has resulted in their decision to stand back from further discussions.

Resulting from this news, Forever Bury will not now be putting forward a legal defence against the HMRC winding up petition on Wednesday 16th October 2019, as we believe there is no longer adequate evidence to suggest a meaningful case could be made.

We will update you further as developments unfold.

3 hours ago, kowenicki said:

that’s that. 

We regret to inform the supporters of Bury Football Club that the interested party who has been working with Forever Bury on a proposed bid to buy the club has confirmed this is no longer a viable prospect for them.

As matters have unfolded and the necessary due diligence has been undertaken, the complex, complicated and financially distressed situation at Bury Football Club has resulted in their decision to stand back from further discussions.

Resulting from this news, Forever Bury will not now be putting forward a legal defence against the HMRC winding up petition on Wednesday 16th October 2019, as we believe there is no longer adequate evidence to suggest a meaningful case could be made.

that will be the end for Gigg lane will surely be sold off to realize its value as an asset  re start in the northwest counties sharing with Radcliffe borough 

3 hours ago, kowenicki said:

that’s that. 

Hardly surprising really given what’s gone on. I suppose it’ll put a stop to the GM mayor telling us all where Bury FC should be placed in the pyramid next season. 

Archived