#ReclaimTheFaith

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Early Bird season tickets not available for the Joe Royle Stand as yet 

https://www.facebook.com/181558501876894/posts/3045619628804086/?d=n

Seats can be renewed or bought in the Main Stand and Jimmy Frizzell Stand (Rochdale Road End, which includes the Family Stand section) at present. This is because we are not yet able to sell seats for the Joe Royle Stand until we confirm the re-opening date. We are writing to those affected separately and will be ensuring that they do not miss out on this offer.

Sort it out you numpties!

Same price as last year basically but no prices for the JR Stand. 

Instead of these silly extra incentives and discounts let’s get the ridiculous North Stand saga sorted. Talk to Blitz and make it look like you actually give a shit about the fans. Getting a team out on the pitch we can all be proud of would be a good start. If things remain as they are I suspect  ST sales will be at a record low.

As it stands I will certainly not be purchasing a season ticket!

I've replied the following to that email:

Thank you for your email.  Unfortunately, I will not be renewing my season ticket until the situation with the Joe Royle Stand is sorted.  I feel it is counter productive of the club to try and railroad fans who sit in the Joe Royle Stand into renewing on the off chance that the club and Brassbank may see sense, sit down and sort this mess out.

Please be advised that if the situation is rectified after the early bird offer has expired, then I will not be renewing at the full price.  I will leave it to the club to actually treat their supporters with respect and extend the early bird offer for Joe Royle Stand season ticket holders once the issues are sorted.

The renewal page on the website makes a big song and dance about it being our 125th Anniversary Season.  I would imagine that for at least 110 of those seasons, supporters have been treated as the lifeblood of the club.  Unfortunately, we are now being treated as cattle, herded from one stand to the other and caught between the petty squabbles of the owner/board and the previous owner. 

3 hours ago, Chaddy14 said:

Easy one that. As a landlord I'd the work required for H&S and fire safety for the 98% use of the whole stand (non-match time) and then would have a better chance of chasing the rent. No tenant is going to pay rent or back rent if the property is  currently (fact) and probably has been unsafe (reasonable assumption) for some time, according to an independent compliance notice.

My reading of this situation, looking at the club statements, is that the real problem is the club wants the OEC to have no rights to admit people into the North Stand Building on match days.  It seems to me to be the interface between the inside of the building and the seated area of the stand, where the problems lie.  The club want total control of who is in that stand.  The minor issues of a locked and damaged fire escape and CCTV could be fixed in 2 hours. 

44 minutes ago, dkay570 said:

I've replied the following to that email:

Thank you for your email.  Unfortunately, I will not be renewing my season ticket until the situation with the Joe Royle Stand is sorted.  I feel it is counter productive of the club to try and railroad fans who sit in the Joe Royle Stand into renewing on the off chance that the club and Brassbank may see sense, sit down and sort this mess out.

Please be advised that if the situation is rectified after the early bird offer has expired, then I will not be renewing at the full price.  I will leave it to the club to actually treat their supporters with respect and extend the early bird offer for Joe Royle Stand season ticket holders once the issues are sorted.

The renewal page on the website makes a big song and dance about it being our 125th Anniversary Season.  I would imagine that for at least 110 of those seasons, supporters have been treated as the lifeblood of the club.  Unfortunately, we are now being treated as cattle, herded from one stand to the other and caught between the petty squabbles of the owner/board and the previous owner. 

Agree with you in general but the bit in bold is bang on.

When it becomes evident to them that ST sales may plummet, the JR stand issue may be resolved. That in itself however, will not get fans back. The problem with all this, is that it will affect he budget and the club will not be able to bring in the players required to get us out of this division in the right direction. I can only see another dire season ahead with fewer and fewer fans willing to watch the dross.

27 minutes ago, al_bro said:

When it becomes evident to them that ST sales may plummet, the JR stand issue may be resolved. That in itself however, will not get fans back. The problem with all this, is that it will affect he budget and the club will not be able to bring in the players required to get us out of this division in the right direction. I can only see another dire season ahead with fewer and fewer fans willing to watch the dross.

Doubt many clubs win promotion of the back of season ticket sales.

The Joe Royce situation is the final straw for me, I didn’t nearly renew last season with the nonsense from last season, I crumbled and renewed for me and my lads. This season has gone from bad to worse and the football and the club have trampled on any enthusiasm my lads had to support the team which for me is tragic.

The Farce with the JR stand standoff and the lack of any strategy and direction in the football side of things has meant I won’t be taking part in any early bird offer - so that’s 4 season tickets not being renewed now.

Piss up and brewery springs to mind. Who the hell thought it was a good idea to sell ST’s before The North Stand dispute had been resolved.

The club’s board of directors are fucking clueless, ST sales are not going to meet expectations and another season of struggle awaits.

I just want them gone now and for us to be able to get our club back regardless of the consequences. If that means dropping into the National League then so be it!!

30 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Piss up and brewery springs to mind. Who the hell thought it was a good idea to sell ST’s before The North Stand dispute had been resolved.

The club’s board of directors are fucking clueless, ST sales are not going to meet expectations and another season of struggle awaits.

I just want them gone now and for us to be able to get our club back regardless of the consequences. If that means dropping into the National League then so be it!!

It only gets resolved by one party caving in. Little evidence to suggest that is happening any time soon.

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

If I were Big Joe I'd ask for my name to be taken off it. An embarrassment. 

It could be taken the other way that 

Jimmy Frizzell's family asking for his to be removed wouldn't though.

Would generate media attention. 

Could ask Curtis Main too.... 

Archived