North Stand update

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coming along nicely it seems.

Suspect we'll see more significant change over the next couple of months and may actually see the makings of a stand, rather than a hole in the ground.

Is it just me who can't open any links to the OS?

No. I clicked on it. I get that STUPID popup window which tries funnelling you to the Latics Player download and no:censored:ingwhere can I see a button, link or anything remotely looking like a bypass option. It was only by randomised clicking on various things it buggered off.

Has to be one of the worst websites I've ever come across. Seriously. Even amateur cricket clubs' websites that I go on which look like they've not been updated in over a decade are easier to :censored:ing navigate than the OAFC Fishul.

There. I've said it now.

No. I clicked on it. I get that STUPID popup window which tries funnelling you to the Latics Player download and no:censored:ingwhere can I see a button, link or anything remotely looking like a bypass option. It was only by randomised clicking on various things it buggered off.

Has to be one of the worst websites I've ever come across. Seriously. Even amateur cricket clubs' websites that I go on which look like they've not been updated in over a decade are easier to :censored:ing navigate than the OAFC Fishul.

There. I've said it now.

Same for me.

Cannot get to the main site at all.

The Latics PLayter ad is covering where the click through normally is.

And I consider myself a happy clapper....!

To be fair, it is more likely to be the muppets at PRemiumTV

Nope it is us. Just checked other clubs sites in our Div.

The link is just whited out, it is under the Logo, the normal place.

Edited by singe

OS not working for me

Strewth it's a crap site even when i can get access, no way would I pay anything to that site, it would only encourage the buggers to think they were doing good.

So can someone cut and paste the details or give us an update on the new stand please ?

Edited by Stagger Lee

OS not working for me

Strewth it's a crap site even when i can get access, no way would I pay anything to that site, it would only encourage the buggers to think they were doing good.

So can someone cut and paste the details or give us an update on the new stand please ?

Don't know how to post a link, but the general gist of the update is. "The first lot of concrete has been poured today for the foundations" I would have thought it would be a couple more weeks before they start the steelwork.

Just one thing....get some bloody screens up. I was awfully tempted on Saturday to pay £5 park the car up and watch the game from the car. Would have saved £15.00 per person and hypothermia.

Or if it was finer weather, watch the match from the car park entrance on the public pavement side

Oh dear....it's out there...get some bloody screens up

Forgot to say good blogs need promoting more.

Edited by underdog

all bp needs is this new stand plus new chaddy roof an give access to both to the new facilities that'll do for me.

having a proper ground will bring a few more in an smoking area will do the same an hopefully 5000 + crowds again

Chaddy End needs bringing down, so does the Main Stand.

In due course...

all bp needs is this new stand plus new chaddy roof an give access to both to the new facilities that'll do for me.

having a proper ground will bring a few more in an smoking area will do the same an hopefully 5000 + crowds again

Hadn't occurred to me that, to let the Chaddy buy pies and beer in the new stand. If there's going to be a price difference you'd need to shoe the new mainstanders that they were getting something for their money but keeping the Chaddy really :censored:e isn't the way to do it. I wonder could the new stand support a half time area in the corner?

How difficult would it be to improve the chaddy?

If a whole structural change is too much the surely an improved roof with a good bar in the back which would be open before and after the game under cover wouldn't be too much to ask would it?

Was years ago (maybe Sean Jarvis) they were saying that the cost of running electrics, water etc to maintain proper facilities was prohibitive. Doubly so if you might be looking to pull it down in a few years. Would probably have paid for itself if done then but that's hindsight for you. I still believe more could be done in the Chaddy with temporary units but it may be that the agreement with the caterers for the whole ground rules this out.

So, who's going to sit in the new stand?

I guess it depends on the price for many. I think i'll stay in the Rochdale Road End (should we be allowed to, although I think we might be turfed out) - if not, the Main Stand paddock will be my choice.

I'd have said yes until Saturday, if you'd have been sat on that side of the pitch on Saturday, you would probably only just be drying out now. With the right sort of wind you could still get absolutely soaked in there.