Micah - this week's raising of hopes

No way they'll keep him to make up numbers if they don't rate him, they'll just forge some passports or something

Sure I heard on SSN that if they signed someone like Fabregas he counts as a 'homegrown' as he came through the ranks at arsenal

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure I heard on SSN that if they signed someone like Fabregas he counts as a 'homegrown' as he came through the ranks at arsenal

Yep, the rules are if they have played for 3 years between 16 and 21, for a club in the same country then they are home grown. Therefore Fabregas would count has a home grown player for City. However, they still need to pick 4 players who have come through their own youth ranks between 16 and 21. It is a 4+4 system. You don't have 8 players who fit the criteria you can't name a 25 man squad.

For example, Hart doesn't count as being a City product (he misses out by a few months) but he does count as home-grown. That John Guidetti (who bagged loads of goals in Holland when on loan from City), was on loan at Stoke this season but is a Swedish international, I think counts as both a home-grown and City product.

Can someone provide a brief summary of our club debts? Is it 100% what we owe to Blitz or do we have an operating deficit that were paying off? Just keen to understand your liabilities.

The % sell-on for Micah definitely going is a massive windfall for us. Use some to cover that £700k for the stand but strengthen to squad for next season; midfielder and a pedigree striker.

Blitz can afford that £6m if he's said he doesn't want it back until we get to then Prem. Let's give LJ that massive fighting chance on the field to accompany the kick start off the field.

Can someone provide a brief summary of our club debts? Is it 100% what we owe to Blitz or do we have an operating deficit that were paying off? Just keen to understand your liabilities.

The % sell-on for Micah definitely going is a massive windfall for us. Use some to cover that £700k for the stand but strengthen to squad for next season; midfielder and a pedigree striker.

Blitz can afford that £6m if he's said he doesn't want it back until we get to then Prem. Let's give LJ that massive fighting chance on the field to accompany the kick start off the field.

Totlally agree it got to be a now or never moment on the playing side of things

Can someone provide a brief summary of our club debts? Is it 100% what we owe to Blitz or do we have an operating deficit that were paying off?

Blitz said he will only ask for it to be paid off (totally) when we reach the Prem, but we are losing abpout £750K per annum unless we draw Liverpool (or the like) away again so I would think that the best part of a million would be retained to cover this year, If you add in shortfalls on the new stand there wont be much left for transfer fees and increased wages!

Totlally agree it got to be a now or never moment on the playing side of things

No it doesn't!

Just because we all want it does not mean it has to be. I wouldn't risk the health of the club for one final big push.

If we get some money for Richards then use it all and don't succeed what happens then? ' oh well we gasve a go, its never going to happen so what's the point'?

We build slowly and sensibly and it will happen imo

No it doesn't!

Just because we all want it does not mean it has to be. I wouldn't risk the health of the club for one final big push.

If we get some money for Richards then use it all and don't succeed what happens then? ' oh well we gasve a go, its never going to happen so what's the point'?

We build slowly and sensibly and it will happen imo

Brentford were promoted after losing £5M in each of the last 2 years so unless Richards is worth over £50M these days, progress will have to be in small steps and cheap!

Blitz said he will only ask for it to be paid off (totally) when we reach the Prem, but we are losing abpout £750K per annum unless we draw Liverpool (or the like) away again so I would think that the best part of a million would be retained to cover this year, If you add in shortfalls on the new stand there wont be much left for transfer fees and increased wages!

Absolutely

It won't go to paying off blitzs loans and it won't start a spending spree this summer it will pay for the stand and for next seasons operating loss that's it.

We will still sign players this summer but the overall budget will be in line with what we have had for the last 3-4 years.

The following season we will have the stand up and running which will drastically cut the losses which will massively increase the chances of any cup runs or player sales going back into the club as investment.

Once this stand is up and running then we can entertain the idea of any windfalls being used as a transfer kitty but for another 12 months we are going to be tightening our belts.

We'd get 20% of every payment City receive.

Those payments may not be public knowledge. So this thread will probably run and run with rumours and FACTs from those "in the know" even after he's sold!

Those payments may not be public knowledge. So this thread will probably run and run with rumours and FACTs from those "in the know" even after he's sold!

It's about time all this undisclosed business was abolished. All fees should be published and everything is then in the open. Surely listed clubs have to publish in their accounts, or is lumped together as transfer fees received and paid?

It's about time all this undisclosed business was abolished. All fees should be published and everything is then in the open. Surely listed clubs have to publish in their accounts, or is lumped together as transfer fees received and paid?

On the other hand, if it's public knowledge then opens it up for agents to demand more money if they know we've had a couple of million come in.

Is there a reason fans need to know every detail other than curiosity?

we are losing about £750K per annum

How are we losing £750k per annum? I thought it was c£400k when we were at our darkest times financially.

We get Sky money, ST money, sponsorship and commercial income (lets call this 'A'). Unsure what this amounts to but we deduct wages, running costs for stadium and club (let's call this 'B'). We're not repaying the £6m from Blitz so our P&L is basically A minus B. Is this really £750k per annum? I'd say our wage budget is c£2m per annum so is our income £1.25m??

I'm confused now....

How are we losing £750k per annum? I thought it was c£400k when we were at our darkest times financially.

We get Sky money, ST money, sponsorship and commercial income (lets call this 'A'). Unsure what this amounts to but we deduct wages, running costs for stadium and club (let's call this 'B'). We're not repaying the £6m from Blitz so our P&L is basically A minus B. Is this really £750k per annum? I'd say our wage budget is c£2m per annum so is our income £1.25m??

I'm confused now....

We were losing £50k a week at the worst. Both income and wages have come down a long way since then

We were losing £50k a week at the worst. Both income and wages have come down a long way since then

Wasn't that before we entered administration and we agreed something like 10p for each £1 to creditors? The owners came in and paid that off making us debt free. This is why I'm scratching my head as to why were still in debt to tune of £750k per annum or £15k per week?!

I'm confused now....

The wage bill is not the only expenditure the club makes think about it. You have

Police costs for the season

Maintaining the stadium

The electric bill ( those floodlights aren't cheap and someone is in BP everyday)

The cost of travel to games for 1st team and reserves.

The cost of stewards admin staff turnstile operators.

Maintaing the pitch

Maintaining chapel road.

Running the youth setup.

Marketing costs.

It all adds up their are probably other costs that we don't know about.

In season 2012-13 we made a profit of 250k due to an fa cup run which netted us £1mill.

When I was at uni we looked at football clubs accounts for the 2000-01 season that season Oldham had

Revenue £2.8 mill

Wage bill £2.2 mill

Loss for season £900k

Edited by GlossopLatic

The wage bill is not the only expenditure the club makes think about it. You have

Police costs for the season

Maintaining the stadium

The electric bill ( those floodlights aren't cheap and someone is in BP everyday)

The cost of travel to games for 1st team and reserves.

The cost of stewards admin staff turnstile operators.

Maintaing the pitch

Maintaining chapel road.

Running the youth setup.

Marketing costs.

It all adds up their are probably other costs that we don't know about.

In season 2012-13 we made a profit of 250k due to an fa cup run which netted us £1mill.

When I was at uni we looked at football clubs accounts for the 2000-01 season that season Oldham had

Revenue £2.8 mill

Wage bill £2.2 mill

Loss for season £900k

Our loans to stop us going down probably weren't cheap. Barnard and Derbyshire were both on 5 figure salaries at their parent clubs. We were probably paying £1500 minimum pw for both of them when they were here. The 6 months of Baxter after his new contract won't have been cheap either.

We didn't make that much of a profit last season because we put some of it back into the club in the form of wages, and other fees like transfer fees. I wouldn't be surprised if the fee we paid Peterborough for JCH features in last seasons budget as opposed to this, as we signed him about this time of year and football finacial years tend to run July-June.

We lose money at the moment but a properly run new stand will help significantly reduce those loses. However, given some of the talk on here lately, and my own experience of asking about STs in the new stand, it will probably be at least 6 months, if not more like 12 months before the new stand could be said to be running properly. I wouldn't be surprised to see a few of our more saleable assets go for fees in the upcoming months, especially Korey Smith who will be available of a free transfer in 12 months.