Micah - this week's raising of hopes

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reckon he could go for between £8m and £12m if there are a few clubs in for him. A few injuries but still a very strong CB/RB who with a run of games could be on the fringes of the England set up.

If we still have that 25% then that's between £2-£3m for us. Would love it to go into securing two or three decent acquisitions but my gut feel is split between the £700k shortfall on the new stand and repaying some of that loan.

Spent wisely that could seriously develop the squad for the next 2 to 3 seasons and boost our chances of doing a Brentford.

Even before the Football Foundation's missing £700k was revealed, SC said last November "There is still a long way to go as we still have to attract tenants and also find some money." At the last ‘Meet The Manager’ session in January, Barry said money matters still not fully nailed down.

Any Richards' windfall will probably be needed to go towards finishing the stand, with its money-making facilities, rather than just finishing the seats and concourse, as planned at present.

Micah might yet prove to be the Club's saviour.

Any Richards' windfall will probably be needed to go towards finishing the stand, with its money-making facilities, rather than just finishing the seats and concourse, as planned at present.

Micah might yet prove to be the Club's saviour.

Without a new rich sugar daddy, Oldham MBC are the only 'potential' saviour of the club, by buying back the ground at the original price!

Reckon he could go for between £8m and £12m if there are a few clubs in for him. A few injuries but still a very strong CB/RB who with a run of games could be on the fringes of the England set up.

If we still have that 25% then that's between £2-£3m for us. Would love it to go into securing two or three decent acquisitions but my gut feel is split between the £700k shortfall on the new stand and repaying some of that loan.

Spent wisely that could seriously develop the squad for the next 2 to 3 seasons and boost our chances of doing a Brentford.

£12m? For a guy who's played less than 10 league games in the past two years and only has 12 months left on his contract? I don't think anyone would pay that for Richards now.

its a retail unit with 14 rows of seats bolted on to the back of it. if the business men who are running latics are worth their salt they will fill it with something. fireworks and christmas trees theres two ideas straight off the bat

So thats November and December sorted-just need the other 10 months!

The loan repayment to Blitz is on ?

Or will it go to the stand ?

Be interesting to see...

I'm sure that I read somewhere last week that Blitz and Gazal will only call in the loan WHEN we get back in the Prem.

Edited by laticsrblue

There's an argument for saying even IF some or all the money went to pay off some of the debt owed to Bitz and Gazal then it's beneficial. It could make the club more affordable for a potential new owner.

I'd prefer if money was invested in the playing staff but there are other considerations

There's an argument for saying even IF some or all the money went to pay off some of the debt owed to Bitz and Gazal then it's beneficial. It could make the club more affordable for a potential new owner.

I'd prefer if money was invested in the playing staff but there are other considerations

AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHH!!! If someone was up for paying £20 million would SB only look for 6? The debt makes no difference!

AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHH!!! If someone was up for paying £20 million would SB only look for 6? The debt makes no difference!

No, but if somebody was up for paying only £5 million ( because they wanted post purchase room to invest) it would...

Sure I read somewhere last week that Blitz and Gazall will only call in the loan WHEN we get back in the Prem.

This is true. And in all probablility likely, as they coiuld have cut their losses eons ago.

But to the extent that they can change their mind tommorow. I doubt there is any formal agreement to aid effect. Be much more secure if it did.

To be fair, I would imagine the championship could enable it to be called in.

If we got back into the Prem, thena £6m loan would be one of the least worries.