North Stand Construction Thread

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disappointing that we've opened ourselves up to the first match with the new stand being limited by results.

Had it been first home game I was looking forward to probably seeing the biggest league home crowd for several years. Hopefully near 6000, now if it's a poor start we may lose a proportion of those supporters.

Bit optimistic! Don't think we will be seeing 6k plus until we have a big promotion push game against another northern team......or the obligatory 3rd Rd Scouse invasion

Bit optimistic! Don't think we will be seeing 6k plus until we have a big promotion push game against another northern team......or the obligatory 3rd Rd Scouse invasion

tranmere wont bring that many off past experiance

If I had bought a ST, 100 club or a box in the North Stand I would be annoyed but I havent so im not too fused, it will be ready when its ready, wasnt so along ago we was looking at pile of rubble, we've hit a snag it happens.

If I had bought a ST, 100 club or a box in the North Stand I would be annoyed but I havent so im not too fused, it will be ready when its ready, wasnt so along ago we was looking at pile of rubble, we've hit a snag it happens.

Don't talk about fuses, touchy subject.

I'm one of the supporters of Darren Kelly and our players but I don't like the way the club treats us in one main respect and that is there failure to keep us informed.

The delay in opening the new North Stand is being placed on the electricity connection. I had a look yesterday and there is still much else to be done. You can have a look after the Fleetwood game just to see if all the other stuff that has yet to be done is completed, turnstiles, concourse, safety rails etc. and tell me how wrong I am if it is.

Bradford at home could be the opening match for the new stand, but won't it be limited in capacity by safety regs now?

I don't think up near 6000 is out of the question if it is fully open with a huge promotion push and a good start.

Bradford at home in 2013 was the club's highest league home attendance in the past two years

Citeh putting an open training session on to double up as their test event, might be an idea for Corney and co to arrange something similar rather than using league games.

Think the test event needs a certain number of people, we might struggle to get that with an open training session; Citeh on the other hand...

The negativity on this board astounds me.Who wouldn't turn up at whatever the ground is called, for an open training session on a rainy Wednesday morning

I'm now on holiday for the next two weeks, got nowt planned apart from lying on the sofa doing very little. If the club needed my to put my arse somewhere else for a couple of hours and do very little there then I might be persuaded.

Dealing with ENW and UU are nightmares for main contractors as you literally have zero leverage over them, no matter if you're Carillion, Balfour Beatty, Laing O'Rouke or Paddy McGuiness and Sons.

You have to pay them up front, can't play them off against their competitors and can't threaten to withhold future work from them.

Everything is on their terms.

For now, but competition in Connections is on the way.

I'm now on holiday for the next two weeks, got nowt planned apart from lying on the sofa doing very little. If the club needed my to put my arse somewhere else for a couple of hours and do very little there then I might be persuaded.

Do you have a few hundred friends in the same situation?

Teachers? School dinner ladies, school cleaners, school gardeners, parents off work with the children who aren't in school.

Might even make 50 Latics fans out of that lot.

Maybe 50, at a push. I dare say a lot more would be needed. It's not feasible.

Went down Saturday to pick up season tickets for seats I didn't want (kicked out of Chaddy End) that I won't be able to sit in (not going to be ready) but couldn't get them anyway because, at 10 past 12, ticket office and rest of ground were in darkness and locked up.

Went round the back to look at stand; not a soul about. Looks like a building site! Yes, I know it is one but with two weeks to go, should be looking a bit more like a footy ground.

Electricity supply my arse - it's nowhere near ready.

Went down Saturday to pick up season tickets for seats I didn't want (kicked out of Chaddy End) that I won't be able to sit in (not going to be ready) but couldn't get them anyway because, at 10 past 12, ticket office and rest of ground were in darkness and locked up.

Went round the back to look at stand; not a soul about. Looks like a building site! Yes, I know it is one but with two weeks to go, should be looking a bit more like a footy ground.

Electricity supply my arse - it's nowhere near ready.

Not that many active Saturday building sites.

And why would you have expected the ticket office to be open?

1. Would expect a bit of weekend activity with 2 weeks to go.

2. Because having the ticket office open would make it much easier to collect tickets than not having it open.

I wouldn't expect the ticket office to be open on a Saturday on non match days.

That said, I think that the ticket office opening times should be more clearly displayed.

I wouldn't expect the ticket office to be open on a Saturday on non match days.

That said, I think that the ticket office opening times should be more clearly displayed.

Seems you were a tad unlucky..

Ticket Office Opening Hours:

Monday to Friday - 9am - 5pm

Saturday non Matchdays - 9am - 12 noon

Match Days - 9am - Kick Off

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/oafc/staticpages/faqs.aspx

Archived