• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard from 4 or 5 different sources that he's been on the payroll since January so I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

I hope that's true. *FROM HIDDEN POST*

You should hope it's not, apart from everything else, if OAFC have been paying wages to a man who has no benefit to the club up to this point and probably won't after, then whoever brokered that deal needs to be removed from club business.

Can I remind everyone PLEASE consider your comments in this thread carefully before clicking POST - Ched Evans is a convicted rapist, the girl is a victim - that's the way it is.

You should hope it's not, apart from everything else, if OAFC have been paying wages to a man who has no benefit to the club up to this point and probably won't after, then whoever brokered that deal needs to be removed from club business.

Can I remind everyone PLEASE consider your comments in this thread carefully before clicking POST - Ched Evans is a convicted rapist, the girl is a victim - that's the way it is.

Fair enough. I understand he is a convicted rapist. I genuinely think it will be overturned and in that eventuality I hope we sign him.

Not often I agree with Rummy but he's right here!

As for this rumour about Ched Evans being on the books, I'm not buying that we would be paying a wage to a player who isn't playing for us or training with us, the most Ched will get from Latics is a meal out with Baz in his very fetching fleece every now and then.

Not often I agree with Rummy but he's right here!

As for this rumour about Ched Evans being on the books, I'm not buying that we would be paying a wage to a player who isn't playing for us or training with us, the most Ched will get from Latics is a meal out with Baz in his very fetching fleece every now and then.

We payed Lee Hughes whilst he was locked up so its not like we have no previous for it.

We have our stand now. That weasel McMahon can swivel if he thinks he can dictate the clubs transfer policy.

Why is he a weasel? Hasn't he done quite alot to help keep Latics within Oldham and getting deals sorted over the new stand when Corney was talking about moving the club to a different borough...

Why is he a weasel? Hasn't he done quite alot to help keep Latics within Oldham and getting deals sorted over the new stand when Corney was talking about moving the club to a different borough...

He is a weasel for blackmailing the club into not signing a player they wanted to sign. Absolutely nothing to do with him who plays for this club. Like it's absolutely nothing to do with the 70,000 who signed a petition to stop it going through.

He is a weasel for blackmailing the club into not signing a player they wanted to sign. Absolutely nothing to do with him who plays for this club. Like it's absolutely nothing to do with the 70,000 who signed a petition to stop it going through.

Bollocks. He saw how much damage it was doing to the borough and the club.

Perhaps he was personally appaled by the move too, as was I and a lot of other supporters!

If you dont agree with him or his policies just vote him out. Dont expect others to be as simplistic as you are. You have a vote, go use it!

Bollocks. He saw how much damage it was doing to the borough and the club.

Perhaps he was personally appaled by the move too, as was I and a lot of other supporters!

If you dont agree with him or his policies just vote him out. Dont expect others to be as simplistic as you are. You have a vote, go use it!

Bollocks? Shall we make him director of football then?

It wasn't doing lasting damage. It would have been forgotten about by now if we'd signed him there and then. Were you appalled at us signing a killer? I would be willing to bet my house that you cheered his goals you hypocrite.

As for him being appalled. So what? :censored: all to do with him like I've said.

It wasn't doing lasting damage. It would have been forgotten about by now if we'd signed him there and then. Were you appalled at us signing a killer? I would be willing to bet my house that you cheered his goals you hypocrite.

As for him being appalled. So what? :censored: all to do with him like I've said.

You would be losing your house then!

9 months on and people are still arguing about this.... and people think we should have even entertained it.

Regardless of anything else, the damage the whole scenario has done and would have done if we went through with it, could never have been worth it.

On the monday morning when there was a media scrum outside Boundary Park and we were the lead story on Sky News, it should have been aborted. As a club we are not big enough to handle it. Man United, Real Madrid, Chelsea etc can do. They have trained media advisors, what do we have? Barry and the fleece of due dilligence.

To attempt to sign him is one thing, but to then drag us through it for days is unforgivable. They were not acting in the best interests of Oldham Athletic. It was a mad crusade.

Edited by pukka

It wouldn't have been forgotten. Ever. Everyone's clearly good and ready to go again when the time comes.

Interesting about McMahon though. No way you're calling him a weasel if he comes out in favour of you signing. Ahem.

Agreed.

If an MP like Meacher had said it that's fair enough as he's an elected representative of the people of Oldham (somehow),

Despite the fact he was right McMahon is leader of the council, and councillor for the small part of Oldham that voted for him, so should just stick to council issues (which he does a lot better than most of his predecessors to be fair) in my opinion.